First Name
Rickel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
QA Inspector
I took my beloved Gladiator into the dealer to have the start-stop feature fixed. The dealer said that the issue was that both batteries tested bad. They replaced both and kept it overnight. I picked it up the next day and on the way home all hell happened!

IMG_1220.jpeg
IMG_0110.jpeg
Congratulations on you qualifying for a brand new Jeep, in care of your local freindly Jeep dealership! Thatā€™s pretty nice of them!
Sponsored

Off-Camber

Banned
Banned
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU, 4Runner
Occupation
Financial Planning
What a bummer. Glad all were safe, Really hope the insurance you have will cover all of your Mod's. I don't think mine would.... That is so tough, glad all were safe and the jeep didn't start a wild fire or something crazy.
They wonā€™t give nearly the amount itā€™s worth for the mods even if covered. I just had $4,500 suspension installed on a Tacoma and two weeks later was hit by a flatbed tow truck. They offered $1,200.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
My start/stop works some days and doesn't other days....now you got me scared...
My start/stop was not working for a good bit of time. Took it to the dealer, and they told me everything was fine. Fast forward a couple weeks. Made an appointment for a ticking sound I'd heard and wanted them to check it out. As I was pulling into the dealers lot to drop it off the night before, the idiot light for the stop/start system came on again (lucky me). I pulled it into the shop door. The service mgr told me to shut off the vehicle. I said, "oh hell no!!...Not until one of you comes and sees that this light is on." Took them 2 days, but the tracked the problem to a faulty door harness (where it unplugs to remove the door). Replaced the harness, and things seem to be good to go. The ticking became a fight for another day. But good luck with your S/S issue.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Watching the video, it look pretty convincing the fire is around the electric bay area

drewkillsit

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I took my beloved Gladiator into the dealer to have the start-stop feature fixed. The dealer said that the issue was that both batteries tested bad. They replaced both and kept it overnight. I picked it up the next day and on the way home all hell happened!
So sorry to hear about this. Sorry if I missed this elsewhere in the chain, but what exactly was your start-stop issue?

Asking because my ESS randomly stopped working about half a year ago. Every time I turn on the truck, I get an error saying the service isn't available because the battery is charging. If the truck sits untouched for 4-5 days, it won't start without a jump. Upon non-start, battery measures 12.1-12.3V, dash will say ~11.2V. Jeep said I have too many accessories (note: I've measured- there's no parasitic draw from those accessories), but that can't be right.

Not sure whether that lines up with your situation at all, but interested in whether you experienced something similar. (and, also, terrified to ask Jeep to fix it without setting my truck on fire too)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon 2021 Wrangler 4Xe
Occupation
Equipment Technician

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
I hope this isn't a thing now!
this one didnā€™t have any sign of collision damage- maybe the previous owner is on here and can comment.Thereā€™s always a chance it was under-gauged DIY wiring or a house fire or something along those lines

Sponsored

OPA Mac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Certified Diagnostic Medical Imaging Services Engineer
Sorry to hear about your JT. I have seen several articles about Jeep fires and as a result, I have installed some auto-fire Suppression devices. One looks like a white tub and the other looks like a round ball. I hope I never have to use them. Keep us posted on what happens with the dealer and your insurance co...Mac

P.S. For reference they can be found on Amazon.

Deleted member 28696

I just had mine serviced twice for the start stop issue. After not driving it awhile the start stop battery died & would not take a charge. They replaced the ESS battery & it still wouldnā€™t work. Took it back in & they said that the ESS sensor went bad since there was a ground wire that wasnā€™t tightened causing a short. There was another post in the forums where someone else said exactly the same thing. They replaced the sensor & it takes awhile to relearn but came back online after driving it a few times. I have a 2021 JTR so itā€™s a new vehicle only about a year old.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
It's intended use on paper is great. Less idling for the environment's sake and better gas mileage. It's the implementation that's awful.

This battery kit by Genesis Offroad is a good solution that'll alleviate the bulk of problems with the current system.
OMG. If the dealership saw this they would probably just void your warranty! lol

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
I wonder if you delete the ESS battery if that affects your warranty in any way?
Probably since the 1st answer to a problem seems to be it's not covered. Just giving them an excuse to really mean it!
Sponsored