First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It stopped working. I took it to the dealer and was told that both batteries where bad. They replaced them both and kept it overnight.
Too bad it didn't burn that dealership down overnight. No injuries and no incompetent service department.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I would be interested to review the jeep in its current state, if it has not been tampered with

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
My start/stop works some days and doesn't other days....now you got me scared...
Took mine to dealer and they said they fixed it. Never worked even right after I left. I said screw it and I’ll leave the error on the dash. Fingers crossed!!

OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon 2021 Wrangler 4Xe
Occupation
Equipment Technician

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
What I'm hearing is a lot of mistakes, which can honestly happen anywhere, but it's literally the dealer's responsibility to avoid these issues with proper training, supervision, and making it right when they f*ck it up. Even when #1 and #2 have high standards, they still have to hold up #3 (within reason) to be a reputable business. I have not seen much evidence of #3 in my experience. Same for a large majority of this thread. ...and to be fair, anger is a motivator to jump on a keyboard vs satisfaction when people typically just go on with their lives - this makes forums waaaaaaaay biased toward the complaints.
Agree. It's a very short sighted and dumb dealer management that angers its customers. They have hundreds if not thousands of customers. Just makes no sense to give them cause to complain. It never did and ESPECIALLY now in a world full of social media.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It stopped working. I took it to the dealer and was told that both batteries where bad. They replaced them both and kept it overnight.
How far away from the dealer were you when it caught fire?
Presuming you called them immediately, what kind of response did they have? (sorry if you've already said that, I didn't read all 11 pages).

dirtclubber

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I took my beloved Gladiator into the dealer to have the start-stop feature fixed. The dealer said that the issue was that both batteries tested bad. They replaced both and kept it overnight. I picked it up the next day and on the way home all hell happened!

IMG_1220.jpeg
IMG_0110.jpeg
Was this a manual. They had an issue with the clutch plate. Mine has been making some weird moaning like noises and the engine seems to rev a bit even when out of gear

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Equipment Technician
Was this a manual. They had an issue with the clutch plate. Mine has been making some weird moaning like noises and the engine seems to rev a bit even when out of gear
Automatic

Sponsored

OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Equipment Technician
How far away from the dealer were you when it caught fire?
Presuming you called them immediately, what kind of response did they have? (sorry if you've already said that, I didn't read all 11 pages).
About 4-5 miles. Just told me to call my insurance company.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Entertainer
I would go after the dealership for everything, including the modifications and rental. Easy case if what you say is correct. Presumed negligence. Res ipsa loquitor (Latin for the thing speaks for itself).
All the talk of forcing the dealer to accept responsibility sounds logical. The thing is, I hear about dealers screwing things up all the time and I've NEVER heard of a dealer being held accountable. So, maybe the dealers force non-disclosure agreements? Or maybe they are simply positioned to avoid any and all responsibility like Cruise Lines.
I would hire a good plaintiffs attorney. Once you do, the dealership (via their insurance company, not yours), will probably settle. I would not submit a claim with my insurance company.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
There are plug in ESS eliminators that will remember your disable setting if you don't want to go full in with a Tazer. I really doubt this was an ESS issue ... unless for some reason the starter stuck and shorted out. I would first suspect some form of human error ....
It may not be the ESS system exactly but it is still the root cause of the problem....He likely would not have had to had battery work done in the first place if not for the poor ESS design. Good/appropriate size main battery but tiny, motorcycle size, ESS battery. Well known and discussed issue that when the tiny battery dies, as it frequently does, it basically puts an excessive drain on the main battery as the system tries to constantly charge the tiny battery. Everything is working as designed but someone now had to replace the double dead battery due to the design. If there was no failure, there would not have been a trip to the dealer.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It may not be the ESS system exactly but it is still the root cause of the problem....He likely would not have had to had battery work done in the first place if not for the poor ESS design. Good/appropriate size main battery but tiny, motorcycle size, ESS battery. Well known and discussed issue that when the tiny battery dies, as it frequently does, it basically puts an excessive drain on the main battery as the system tries to constantly charge the tiny battery. Everything is working as designed but someone now had to replace the double dead battery due to the design. If there was no failure, there would not have been a trip to the dealer.
I understand that ... if you roll back you'll see that I have actually deleted my AUX
Sponsored