Sponsored

Flush Mount Tail Lights

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Not thrilled with the fitment, but it’s not terrible. The real issue is on the tailgate side. There is a screw that is sticking too far out, causing it to hit the metal of the taillight hole, causing a gap. You can see where the paint is chipped and on the screw.
That gap doesn't look to be much bigger than my factory lights.
That being said, thanks for the headups about that screw. I'll see if I can replace it with a flush one before installing it.
Sponsored

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
It looks like your upper screw didn't end up in the exact same spot as OEM, you can see the outline of the dust. Seems like there is room to adjust the fitment, did you mess with it?
I was pushing on the taillight as I was tightening it down--I think it's hitting the screw I mentioned earlier, causing that odd fitment.

EDIT: just checked the passenger side, and that’s the same way. Probably just how the housing is.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Not thrilled with the fitment, but it’s not terrible. The real issue is on the tailgate side. There is a screw that is sticking too far out, causing it to hit the metal of the taillight hole, causing a gap. You can see where the paint is chipped and on the screw.
Again, please watch the installation video, the factory screw holes are oversized so that you have to put pressure on the tail light and hold it so that there is no gap then you tighten the screws fully. If you just put the light in and tighten them down without being mindful of the gap they will not align.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Again, please watch the installation video, the factory screw holes are oversized so that you have to put pressure on the tail light and hold it so that there is no gap then you tighten the screws fully. If you just put the light in and tighten them down without being mindful of the gap they will not align.
I did, multiple times--the issue is highlighted in another post, one of the screws holding in the lights is touching the metal of the body, causing a gap.

That was the procedure I followed--pushed the tail light in as much as I could, then tightened it down.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Just observing with some popcorn and a Monster..........

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I did, multiple times--the issue is highlighted in another post, one of the screws holding in the lights is touching the metal of the body, causing a gap.

That was the procedure I followed--pushed the tail light in as much as I could, then tightened it down.
the passenger side doesn't hit, but the driver side does. So does the screw head stick up just a bit from that recessed hole?
I'll have to take a look at mine when I get home. But if it does, I might just heat up the screw head and drive it in a little bit further. Or ream out screw hole a touch so the screw can sink a little further.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
the passenger side doesn't hit, but the driver side does. So does the screw head stick up just a bit from that recessed hole?
I'll have to take a look at mine when I get home. But if it does, I might just heat up the screw head and drive it in a little bit further. Or ream out screw hole a touch so the screw can sink a little further.
I did tighten the screw a bit, but didn't want to keep going in case it started to strip.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Just took it out for a drive, and getting a warning that both turn signals are out.

From my understanding, if I already had LEDs in the rear, I didn’t need to use the resistors or change any settings in Tazer?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Just took it out for a drive, and getting a warning that both turn signals are out.

From my understanding, if I already had LEDs in the rear, I didn’t need to use the resistors or change any settings in Tazer?
welcome to beta testing. haha...

For what it's worth, I'm going from halogen to these. I bought JSCAN and the SGW cables. All coming into today.
Going to try to program it to run without the resistor. Wish me luck. Hahaha
Sponsored