Flush Mount Tail Lights

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Can't you just put a resistor inline so that it sees a load?
@JP_Oracle would likely need to comment, but I think the Jeep needs to see a very specific reading for the electric demand the reverse lights pull in order for it to not shut them down or have flickering issues. In the case of these oracle lights, I'd actually bet they pull more load that the factory reverse lights due to the qty and output of the individual LEDs in the reverse light array, so adding a resistor won't help since it'll just increase the already higher than normal load the jeep sees. I'm thinking this is why the programmer is REQUIRED, they need us to tell the vehicle to stop checking to see what the load actually is while the reverse lights are active.
Sponsored

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
"If you are having issues, buy a programmer or send them back."

This is not a solution. This is a work around.

There is no indication from the mfr. that the problem will be addressed.

I'm glad I held off on making a purchase.

If you follow earlier posts in the thread, we make it abundantly clear that this is not exclusive to ORACLE tail lights & these errors happen on account of proprietary FCA tech that needs to be disabled when aftermarket parts are added.

Programmer mfg would not take the time & resources to code tail light specific settings for this if it were just one mfg lights that didn't play well with the Jeep.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
@JP_Oracle would likely need to comment, but I think the Jeep needs to see a very specific reading for the electric demand the reverse lights pull in order for it to not shut them down or have flickering issues. In the case of these oracle lights, I'd actually bet they pull more load that the factory reverse lights due to the qty and output of the individual LEDs in the reverse light array, so adding a resistor won't help since it'll just increase the already higher than normal load the jeep sees. I'm thinking this is why the programmer is REQUIRED, they need us to tell the vehicle to stop checking to see what the load actually is while the reverse lights are active.
This is 100% correct. This is the only way the ORACLE LED tails can be brighter and cover more space (The C shaped accent around the tail & the larger reverse light) than the OEM LED tails.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
If you follow earlier posts in the thread, we make it abundantly clear that this is not exclusive to ORACLE tail lights & these errors happen on account of proprietary FCA tech that needs to be disabled when aftermarket parts are added.

Programmer mfg would not take the time & resources to code tail light specific settings for this if it were just one mfg lights that didn't play well with the Jeep.
Why then do you say "Plug and Play?" It's a matter of variable resistance. Is it possible to provide a pair of in-line 12 VDC 30 amp rheostats ($10/per) with instructions on how to "dial in" the proper amount of resistance? You're telling dissatisfied customers that they need to purchase a $300 programmer in order to make your $360 taillights work properly. I'm sorry, sir. This makes no sense to me. Peace.

Sponsored

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT

Should you make it abundantly clear on the product page ? Snip from the page :
Product Features:
• Sleek styling and flush fit to avoid damage to light
• Simple plug-and-play install with factory sensor compatibility
• 12 high-powered LED reverse lights
• Signature perimeter lighting
• Works with base and LED packages
• 1 year warranty

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Why then do you say "Plug and Play?" It's a matter of variable resistance. Is it possible to provide a pair of in-line 12 VDC 30 amp rheostats ($10/per) with instructions on how to "dial in" the proper amount of resistance? You're telling dissatisfied customers that they need to purchase a $300 programmer in order to make your $360 taillights work properly. I'm sorry, sir. This makes no sense to me. Peace.
This solution is farcical for a myriad of reasons. Most notably, the user would be expected to cut the wiring & add this potentiometer in between. This will either (A) Void the guarantee our factory provides on the ORACLE tails, if tapped into the tail side of the harness, in turn voiding the warranty we can extend to the user OR (B) Give Jeep the right to deny service on the rear light circuit because the user hard wired a potentiometer to the factory wiring.

The programmer can be unmarried if needed, therefore saving the user from any warranty risks.

Like @Renegade mentioned, there is a cheaper alternative to the $300 Tazer in the JSCAN, which is below $100 msrp.

Edit: Please refer to my earlier post where I state in bold letters that this is not the case with every Jeep. The only party who will have info on why that is, will be FCA.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Product Features:
• 1 year warranty
These tails are 100% plug & play with most of the Jeeps. Just in the anomalies we are seeing here in this thread, we are well within the 1-2 percentile range for these & are closely monitoring.

Keyword here: Anomaly

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Product Features:
• 1 year warranty
Works with base and LED packages. Looks like a great place for an asterisk.

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
These tails are 100% plug & play with most of the Jeeps. Just in the anomalies we are seeing here in this thread, we are well within the 1-2 percentile range for these & are closely monitoring.

So there for they are not plug n play as described. *They are plug'n'play in some instances is what your description should day. How about Jeeps they don't work on, you issuing a refund with NO restocking fee ? You just started shipping so Im not sure you can claim Anomaly yet. I think a small disclaimer isn't much to ask on your product page is it ?

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Where do you get the 1 to 2 percent figure from? I ordered mine in the first week of pre order and they haven't been shipped yet. I can't imagine that theres a ton of these installed yet.

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
Where do you get the 1 to 2 percent figure from? I ordered mine in the first week of pre order and they haven't been shipped yet. I can't imagine that theres a ton of these installed yet.
I dont mind they need a programmer, what I mind is :
1. Theres no disclaimer and there should be even if its 1 or 2%, any kind of light going out on a brake light is a huge safety issue.
2. Not one word if they will waive their terrible refund policy if you're in that 1 or 2% but he has time for snarky replies

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont mind they need a programmer, what I mind is :
1. Theres no disclaimer and there should be even if its 1 or 2%, any kind of light going out on a brake light is a huge safety issue.
2. Not one word if they will waive their terrible refund policy if you're in that 1 or 2% but he has time for snarky replies
This reminds me of the back up lights, which I also purchased, where the consumer does the final quality control and R and D.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(B) Give Jeep the right to deny service on the rear light circuit because the user hard wired a potentiometer to the factory wiring.
Jeep can already deny warranty on the rear lighting circuit because the end user installed aftermarket tail lights.

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
This reminds me of the back up lights, which I also purchased, where the consumer does the final quality control and R and D.
Yup, that I remember. How they should handle it :
Sorry guys we didn't catch there may be exception with 1 or 2% and you may need a programmer. If you get them and they give any warning lights or don't function as YOU intended we will email you a label and issue a refund.

Instead we have a rep giving snarky responses and passing the buck.
Sponsored