Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
And it's still on my short list of replacements for my Gladiator, should I ever need one :LOL:

For a thousand dollars more than the sticker price for my Max Tow Sport I'd get a loaded to the hills ZR2 with considerably more horsepower and torque? Looking forward to seeing one in person.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Jim Horne did well in the Jeep 👍 not too far off the lap times of the Colorado.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
And it's still on my short list of replacements for my Gladiator, should I ever need one :LOL:

For a thousand dollars more than the sticker price for my Max Tow Sport I'd get a loaded to the hills ZR2 with considerably more horsepower and torque? Looking forward to seeing one in person.
Yeah but you wont have a solid front axle or the articulation associated with one.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
only manual truck
only convertible truck
only truck with (easily) removable doors
only small truck with adult sized rear seats

there's too many onlys to the gladiator for me to consider anything else currently. AT4x looks super cool though.

Last edited:

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Yeah but you wont have a solid front axle or the articulation associated with one.
Meh, it's nice to have, but for what I do it's not a requirement.

Ford couldn't build a Ranger in a time frame that I thought to be acceptable.
I didn't want the old generation Colorado, and didn't want to wait for this new ones.
Tacoma's have terrible drivetrains (outside of reliability, they are dogs).

My previous 2 door JK left a good taste in my mouth overall, so I bought another Jeep because it looked nice and the performance was acceptable. Bonuses included great aftermarket support and 35s would fit under it stock (if I wanted). Also they were able to do order to delivery in two months...

I'll probably never take the doors or roof off, and articulation comes into play for me once or twice a year.

Sponsored

Noxian

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
According to GM when I had my 2004 Jimmy ZR2 and 42 warranty claims after 2 years. Its not really built for offroad use... I traded it in for a 2004 Jeep Rubicon.... :LOL::CWL:

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
only manual truck
only convertible truck
only truck with (easily) removable doors
only small truck with adult sized rear seats

there's too many onlys to the gladiator for me to consider anything else currently. AT4x looks super cool though.
The manual in the JT sucks. There, I said it. I've owned nothing but manual vehicles my whole life, including 2 manual JKs. I've never taken the hardtop off because it's a pain, and I've taken the doors off once. The rear seat size is one of the reasons I'm considering a Raptor.

But, the gladiator is THE only vehicle on the market right now that can wheel tight trails, tow my 21' trailer, fit 37s without trouble, have a large enough bed, and has a solid front axle.

I like my gladiator enough, but the terrible mileage and power, and tight quarters will make my eye wander quite a bit. The new offerings, ie ATX4, Ranger Raptor, etc. make for a lot of compelling choices. I'd JB weld the doors and hardtop so they'd never come off if it meant having a better engine.