Sponsored

Front coil spring bending after Daystar leveling kit.

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Just like the title says. I've had the Daystar 1.5 inch kit or a few weeks and I just now noticed it. The passenger side seems pretty good from my inspection. I installed this myself and made sure I seated the springs into to correct positions. Any advice or thoughts?

Snapchat-1365980734.jpg

Snapchat-1736690302.jpg

Snapchat-392740390.jpg

Snapchat-1810859132.jpg
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The spring is seated crooked in the spacer, not like it would seat in the factory spring pocket. Inspect the spacer closely, and find why its contour is incorrect, or whether it or the spring is misaligned.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Strange. Something is definitely off. I’ve been using a Daystar lift for almost 6,000 miles, and my springs are fine. I am using a RK adjustable track bar though...

OP
OP
Xenephobe

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The spring is seated crooked in the spacer, not like it would seat in the factory spring pocket. Inspect the spacer closely, and find why its contour is incorrect, or whether it or the spring is misaligned.
I'm going to lift it up and take it a apart this weekend to try and figure it out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the poly spacer. Probably warping or being crushed excessively.

Strange. Something is definitely off. I’ve been using a Daystar lift for almost 6,000 miles, and my springs are fine. I am using a RK adjustable track bar though...
Are you using the Daystar leveling kit like mine? This kit doesn't call for an adjustable track bar, and as far as I can tell the axle hasn't shifted noticeably towards one side or the other.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to lift it up and take it a apart this weekend to try and figure it out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the poly spacer. Probably warping or being crushed excessively.

Are you using the Daystar leveling kit like mine? This kit doesn't call for an adjustable track bar, and as far as I can tell the axle hasn't shifted noticeably towards one side or the other.
I’m using their 2” lift.

Sponsored

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Ever figure it out? I just installed their 1.5” kit, not many miles but took it offroad. So far no bowing... I suspect you are correct in that the spacer may have deformed

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
My springs have a slight curvature to them on a 2.5 lift. Never thought anything of it. My old XJ and TJ did it as well. For some reason yours looks worse, though. Is the spring rubbing up against the knuckle?

OP
OP
Xenephobe

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Ever figure it out? I just installed their 1.5” kit, not many miles but took it offroad. So far no bowing... I suspect you are correct in that the spacer may have deformed
I had it up on my hoist at work last Monday, and looking at it closely, I can see that the spacer is definitely deformed and stretching itself towards the tire, causing the spring to not seat onto it correctly. I've emailed Daystar to try and get a replacement through warranty, but they never replied, so I ordered the Teraflex 1.5 inch kit and that should be here tomorrow. This next weekend I plan on swapping them out and returning the Daystar as defective. The Teraflex kit looks much beefier with reinforcements in the poly that I'm assuming will keep it from stretching.

My springs have a slight curvature to them on a 2.5 lift. Never thought anything of it. My old XJ and TJ did it as well. For some reason yours looks worse, though. Is the spring rubbing up against the knuckle?
It's about an 8th inch away from the electric brake wire that is attached to the knuckle there. It's super sketch and I'll be happy when I get that spacer out of there.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
According to mopars lift, springs are suppose to bow outwards, however, that looks excessive

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it up on my hoist at work last Monday, and looking at it closely, I can see that the spacer is definitely deformed and stretching itself towards the tire, causing the spring to not seat onto it correctly. I've emailed Daystar to try and get a replacement through warranty, but they never replied, so I ordered the Teraflex 1.5 inch kit and that should be here tomorrow. This next weekend I plan on swapping them out and returning the Daystar as defective. The Teraflex kit looks much beefier with reinforcements in the poly that I'm assuming will keep it from stretching.

It's about an 8th inch away from the electric brake wire that is attached to the knuckle there. It's super sketch and I'll be happy when I get that spacer out of there.
Appreciate that info. Good for us to all know.

Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Any resolution to this? I have the same issue with my Mopar lift and Daystar 3/4” spacers. Funny thing is it looks fine on the passenger side, but the driver side looks like the spring is pushed forward toward the sway bar disconnect.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My JTR has a slight bulging with the 2.5" Skyjacker spacer, but nothing like that either. It still rides and drives normal.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
According to mopars lift, springs are suppose to bow outwards, however, that looks excessive
That's good info to know. Mine bow, but only ever-so-slghtly, nothing like like his shows.

Jeep Gladiator Front coil spring bending after Daystar leveling kit. IMG_0958

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Any resolution to this? I have the same issue with my Mopar lift and Daystar 3/4” spacers. Funny thing is it looks fine on the passenger side, but the driver side looks like the spring is pushed forward toward the sway bar disconnect.
Are you using the Daystar spacer and the factory isolator together? The factory isolator is thicker on the outside than the inside in effort to prevent outward bow.

OP
OP
Xenephobe

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Unfortunately, no resolution for me. I ditched the Daystar kit for a Teraflex, but am getting the same result, although the Teraflex is much better quality. My last option that I will be trying is to install a spring bow correction kit. Basically they are a pair of new spring perches that are supposed to reduce or eliminate the bow.
Sponsored