Sponsored

Front coil spring bending after Daystar leveling kit.

JeepFeste

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary, 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Sr. Project Manager
Just an update for everyone following. I put on my factory wheels and tires for the winter, and used it as an opportunity to install the Daystar bow correction kit, and it seems to have eliminated 80-90% of the bowing. Feels good to have figured it out. Added some pictures as well

PXL_20201106_210641762~2.jpg

PXL_20201106_210654156~2.jpg

PXL_20201106_220235517~2.jpg

PXL_20201106_223939214~2.jpg
Curious as to how this turned out for you? What captured my attention is in your 4th pic down from your original post, you don't have the factory isolater installed underneath the daystar spacer, but you may have just removed it all together? Which might give cause to your bowing spring. But hopefully the correction kit helped. 1.5" of extra spring compression with a spacer lift is about maxed out anyway. Just curious as to the end result.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xenephobe

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Curious as to how this turned out for you? What captured my attention is in your 4th pic down from your original post, you don't have the factory isolater installed underneath the daystar spacer, but you may have just removed it all together? Which might give cause to your bowing spring. But hopefully the correction kit helped. 1.5" of extra spring compression with a spacer lift is about maxed out anyway. Just curious as to the end result.
The Daystar kit doesn't require you to use the factory isolators and it wouldn't be possible anyways because the Daystar spacers have tabs on the top of them to align into the factory holes. They replace the factory isolators.

The bow correction kit fixed the problem for me. The problem had to be in the factory bottom perch. The factory angle just didn't work with the spacer kit for some reason. It's definitely odd.

In the end, in wouldn't recommend the Daystar kit. The material they use for spacers is not strong enough and after just a couple of months of having them installed, they already showed signs of warping/bulging.

JeepFeste

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary, 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Sr. Project Manager
The Daystar kit doesn't require you to use the factory isolators and it wouldn't be possible anyways because the Daystar spacers have tabs on the top of them to align into the factory holes. They replace the factory isolators.

The bow correction kit fixed the problem for me. The problem had to be in the factory bottom perch. The factory angle just didn't work with the spacer kit for some reason. It's definitely odd.

In the end, in wouldn't recommend the Daystar kit. The material they use for spacers is not strong enough and after just a couple of months of having them installed, they already showed signs of warping/bulging.
Thanks for the feedback, have typically had great results with daystar on my other trucks, but glad I went with the terraflex kit for this JT then as I see a little bit of bowing on my driver side just with it installed even.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I just installed the 1.5 alloy (which is the same as the daystar) on top of some rubicon springs on my sport S. The truck sits good and level on both sides but just looked a little ago and my passenger side looks great. The driver side not as great.

I’m surprised more people don’t talk about this.
Now I’m wonder if I need to fix mine.

Sponsored

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, no resolution for me. I ditched the Daystar kit for a Teraflex, but am getting the same result, although the Teraflex is much better quality. My last option that I will be trying is to install a spring bow correction kit. Basically they are a pair of new spring perches that are supposed to reduce or eliminate the bow.
All that money spent you probably could have had a basic suspension lift. This was my fear and I offroad a bit and will have the added weight in bed. Bought an aev spacer lift and sat on it for two days before purchasing the full lift and returning the spacer.

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)

I Completely agree. I installed the .75 Daystar spacer and returned it shortly thereafter. It was so soft and spongy. I did not have any confidence that it would last for any appreciable amount of time before warping and disfiguring.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive got some bow correction pads coming just to see how they work out.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my pads in the mail. Ill prob put em on in the next few days.

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
alright. I just got through popping in some daystar correct pads for mopar coils. I must say I am happy, and now my springs look good.

Could be just my mind, but it feels like it rides a little better and maybe popped the front up a smidge.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are after pics. Passenger side and then
Jeep Gladiator Front coil spring bending after Daystar leveling kit. 27790617-9742-4DA1-9786-ECECA4FB219C
Jeep Gladiator Front coil spring bending after Daystar leveling kit. C8CBB295-7CB7-4153-9AD0-32F04D11B5BD
Driver side.

Reactions: Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
What is the Daystar part number for the correction pads?