IT

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
This is how high the one from Cascadia designs flips up. Itā€™s never been in the way of winching. Old picture, as lots of other things on my rig have changed since, but this hasnā€™t
05E321F2-505A-4BA7-87B6-BEDDDB4ECE0B.jpeg
I have the same On my Arcus Bumper its worth the money. Very good quality and works great.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The winch mounting kit I used had a plate that sits just behind the fair lead that allows the license plate to be attached via 2 bolts. Sorry for the blurry pic.
4B9A13E1-ECD0-49B3-BDC6-927EBF792F8C.jpeg
It looks good, but Iā€™d catch it on something the first time on a trail. I think it would need to be removed. Nice that it was included though. Thatā€™s cool.

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
It looks good, but Iā€™d catch it on something the first time on a trail. I think it would need to be removed. Nice that it was included though. Thatā€™s cool.
I agree. I remove it before wheeling and, so far, have not forgotten to reinstall. The fact that about 20% of my neighbors are county cops helps to motivate me to remember to reinstall!

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Jeep Gladiator Front license plate state and winch bumper max3a

Modified the rear plate bracket as well as added a couple 1/4" rivet nuts to the front hitch. FYI there is a plate bracket for this bumper, it's 68295610AA. There are 4 small indentations for the bracket to line up on to the cover.

Sponsored

GetnLostnCO

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
High School Special Education Teacher
Finished my install this past weekend and bought this license plate holder off amazon. Only been on a couple of days, but so far, so good.

License plate holder

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5056a.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Finished my install this past weekend and bought this license plate holder off amazon. Only been on a couple of days, but so far, so good.

License plate holder

Jeep Gladiator Front license plate state and winch bumper IMG_5056a

Jeep Gladiator Front license plate state and winch bumper IMG_5056a
Sometimes I miss very obvious stuff, stuff right in front of my face, or stuff I should know about already and just space it off......... but I'm very curious as to how you keep from cutting up your rope against that steel plate not running a fairlead at all....
I'd be afraid of the rope getting chafed.

I'm even considering taking my fairlead off, grinding back that plate a bit to open up the opening, and putting the fairlead back (after buying this plate holder - that's as inexpensive a plate holder that I've ever seen.)
We are a two plate state but I ran my F250 for almost a decade with no front plate, and I ran my 2022 JT for 2 years and this 2022 over 7 months without a front plate so I'm not totally concerned but my wife is wary.

GetnLostnCO

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
High School Special Education Teacher
Hi ShadowsPapa, thanks for your post. I sanded down the edges of the fairlead plate, which is under the license plate holder, and the synthetic rope has a cover over it to help prevent chaffing. I'll keep track if any chaffing does occur, but I don't foresee anything happening. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them. Being new to the community, I enjoy learning!

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Hi ShadowsPapa, thanks for your post. I sanded down the edges of the fairlead plate, which is under the license plate holder, and the synthetic rope has a cover over it to help prevent chaffing. I'll keep track if any chaffing does occur, but I don't foresee anything happening. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them. Being new to the community, I enjoy learning!
That might be okay for storing it like in the photo, but you'll really want a fairlead when you actually use the winch itself. You'll be pulling a lot of force at an angle, and you don't want to introduce any edges or resistance points like you've got there during that process. You don't want the opening to be the guide, that will likely lead to damage or failure. This is why fairleads are a thing, low resistance friction-free guiding to the spool.

Now of course, if you don't plan on using it, then you don't need a fairlead. Yes, some people do buy winches just for looks.

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
Sometimes I miss very obvious stuff, stuff right in front of my face, or stuff I should know about already and just space it off......... but I'm very curious as to how you keep from cutting up your rope against that steel plate not running a fairlead at all....
I'd be afraid of the rope getting chafed.

I'm even considering taking my fairlead off, grinding back that plate a bit to open up the opening, and putting the fairlead back (after buying this plate holder - that's as inexpensive a plate holder that I've ever seen.)
We are a two plate state but I ran my F250 for almost a decade with no front plate, and I ran my 2022 JT for 2 years and this 2022 over 7 months without a front plate so I'm not totally concerned but my wife is wary.
I'm liking that plate holder as well! inexpensive but does the job. From the pics it will fit a hawse fairlead behind the licence plate so that's how i'll do it. As long as the opening in the fairlead is smaller than any of the other metal, it'll pass through with no issues.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Wait, does GetnlostnCo have a fairlead behind that bumper or is that just the plate he talked about sanding down if so , MATTHEW YOU NEED A FAIRLEAD!! Looks sort of like this perhaps inch thick radius edge to let line slide easily over it, has to be highly polished. donā€™t use your winch that wayā€¦..Jack
IMG_1815.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, does GetnlostnCo have a fairlead behind that bumper or is that just the plate he talked about sanding down if so , MATTHEW YOU NEED A FAIRLEAD!! Looks sort of like this perhaps inch thick radius edge to let line slide easily over it, has to be highly polished. donā€™t use your winch that wayā€¦..Jack
IMG_1815.jpeg
Yeah, that's where I was going with it. I don't see a fairlead, just that steel plate.

He needs this silver (aluminum) bit - Keeps the rope off the edges of the steel plate.

Jeep Gladiator Front license plate state and winch bumper 1681772204047

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yes Bill looks that way couple guys saying it but Matthew might not realize how it will not work! Of course I posted a terrible picture but he should get the idea.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
You see those two open holes at the bottom of your bumper? The Amazon license plate frame a few posts above fits those holes perfectly. Thatā€™s where I have mine, and I just fold it up under the bumper while off road.
Jeep Gladiator Front license plate state and winch bumper F31238F4-42A7-4B66-BD53-549DBF6EA0E9