First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon White & Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon Granite Crystal
Occupation
NAVY
Hello, Yes I do have a calibrator not a tuner. I can't get a tuner sent to me in California. Plus I don't want to void my warranty. I use a rough country calibrator. I calibrated for the tires. I am getting my truck back today. I will calibrate for the gears before I leave the guys place that is doing my gears.
Did the same Re-calibrated mine before it left my shop, AEV Procal seems to do good so far.
just wish i could do something with the TPM's
I just swap over to my 37/12.50/17 BFG AT's Its amazing the difference in performance between them and my 38/13.50/17 PAT's
Like them both they each have there purpose and the 488 gears seem perfect for my needs.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did the same Re-calibrated mine before it left my shop, AEV Procal seems to do good so far.
just wish i could do something with the TPM's
I just swap over to my 37/12.50/17 BFG AT's Its amazing the difference in performance between them and my 38/13.50/17 PAT's
Like them both they each have there purpose and the 488 gears seem perfect for my needs.

What issue are you having with the tpms? Is your low tire pressure light on? if so the one I have allowed me to change air pressure setting as well. No more light s for me. Worked great.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So far my truck feels great with the new gears. I only have about 150 miles on it so far. The transmission feels like it used to when it was on stock tires. No more confused transmission shifting going on. I was hoping to see better fuel mileage but I guess I was dreaming. At 70mph on the freeway the engine is turning about 2100ish RPMS. The Built in fuel "Lie O Meter" says i am getting around 17 MPGs. It definitely has more pep to it. I haven layed into the skinny pedal yet. Still breaking in the gears. I like the Change. 5:13s would have been a bit too low for my daily driver. Plus i didn't want to lower the Service Factor of my Diffs any more than I already did with the 4.88s. I hope this helps anybody thinking about changing gears.

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Did you program both 4.88 gears and 37s or just one

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
At 70mph on the freeway the engine is turning about 2100ish RPMS.
Well, would ya look at that; I can do math! Take that Grade 12 math teacher Mr. Roberts. :LOL:

Ok y'all; first run at it. This is for those who want to try to maintain stock performance and fuel economy when going to a larger tire size.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.33.48 AM.png

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you program both 4.88 gears and 37s or just one
To do it correctly you must do both. Otherwise the speedo is off. After programming both it is right on the money.

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Cool I'm waiting for my pulsar all I can do it tires right now
To do it correctly you must do both. Otherwise the speedo is off. After programming both it is right on the money.

JCJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon White & Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon Granite Crystal
Occupation
NAVY
What issue are you having with the tpms? Is your low tire pressure light on? if so the one I have allowed me to change air pressure setting as well. No more light s for me. Worked great.
What model do you have? AEV Pro-Cal doesn't offer that, well mine does not have that LOL

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Well guess I got a defective pulsar unit truck wouldn't start took it out and all back to normal

Sponsored

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What model do you have? AEV Pro-Cal doesn't offer that, well mine does not have that LOL
I have the SUPERCHIPS FLASHCAL. It has a lot of different setting you can mess with. I only used it for the tires and gearing.

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
I have the SUPERCHIPS FLASHCAL. It has a lot of different setting you can mess with. I only used it for the tires and gearing.
Did you swap pcm for that to work

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you swap pcm for that to work
I din't have to swap anything but there is an electronic part that goes permanently installed under the dash. It simple goes inline with a factory harness. Ill be honest I am not sure exactly what it does but everything worked well. Lol This programmer does not alter performance at all. it just allows for customizing. Check out the link for the features. https://superchips.com/flashcal-jl-wrangler-gladiator/

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
I din't have to swap anything but there is an electronic part that goes permanently installed under the dash. It simple goes inline with a factory harness. Ill be honest I am not sure exactly what it does but everything worked well. Lol This programmer does not alter performance at all. it just allows for customizing. Check out the link for the features. https://superchips.com/flashcal-jl-wrangler-gladiator/
Damn that does a lot of adjustments. I do like it it does everything the taser jl does maybe a little more. I'm going to try this pulsar tuner they sent me a defective one so one more try then I'm swapping to that

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
Ok got my pulsar installed that thing is amazing!!!! It deff makes a big gain in power
Sponsored