Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Chapman in Horsham does 4% below invoice. Good folks to deal with.
That's pretty good. Is that before the Tread Lightly discount? Also does that include a discount for financing? Gupton is 5% plus 1% TL and 2% financing through them. Pretty sure that's how they get to the 8. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
That's pretty good. Is that before the Tread Lightly discount? Also does that include a discount for financing? Gupton is 5% plus 1% TL and 2% financing through them. Pretty sure that's how they get to the 8. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Why do you think Gupton can get their price so low? Local dealers talk like everyone can get the same price but we are seeing a difference with them so far. Waiting to hear back from Daniel tomorrow. He is off today.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Why do you think Gupton can get their price so low? Local dealers talk like everyone can get the same price but we are seeing a difference with them so far. Waiting to hear back from Daniel tomorrow. He is off today.
It's gotta be pure volume. They might also get some good/nice trades out of it.

OP
OP

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
It's gotta be pure volume. They might also get some good/nice trades out of it.
So our local dealer is trying to find hidden costs from Gupton. Asking for destination fees which they have listed $1495 and now wanting us to ask for a buyers order that would disclose something? We are trying to get this local dealer to drop to match Guptons and they are trying everything possible to find something that is not disclosed and when we do go buy from them the price will be higher. Anyone have anything like that come up?

OP
OP

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
So our local dealer is trying to find hidden costs from Gupton. Asking for destination fees which they have listed $1495 and now wanting us to ask for a buyers order that would disclose something? We are trying to get this local dealer to drop to match Guptons and they are trying everything possible to find something that is not disclosed and when we do go buy from them the price will be higher. Anyone have anything like that come up?
EXACT WORDS FROM OUR LOCAL DEALER ;) (might have them a little scared) hahah
Please request a buyers order from them that itemizes all costs and fees. Something doesn't match up here.

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Please request a buyers order from them that itemizes all costs and fees. Something doesn't match up here.
Use the google spreadsheet here to compare. Daniel provides a quote with retail pricing. Then provided in email the breakdown of their discount, then the breakdown after Tread Lighly, and then the final price if financed through them. It all aligned with the Google Spreadsheet with about a $600 difference which looks like in July the base price went up slightly. No hidden fees. $499 for processing etc whichb is in line with dealers in TN. Even $7.50 for temporary tags for 30 days to get home. So if anything you still have to deal with your state taxes and tags. Also to call put I believe this is only a deal for special ordered vehicles not what's on the lot but I could be wrong. Overall he is moving volume therefore getting a lower price I assume. Or at the very least just making less on each but moving more.

I had a local dealer tell me if they offered that price they would have nothing on the lot. I said isnt that the point....

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
6/7/8, 6 as base and then 1 more for both TL and financing.

Not mentioned too much on the Gladiator side, but Koons in Northern Virginia is 6.5% under invoice with their financial and TL. TL is only netting .5% there and their 'non-financing' penalty is $1k, but Craig there is super solid and super easy.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Higher Ed
No disrespect, but your local dealer is full of shit. 95% of dealers have a model where they want to make $X off each sale, where $X is a high number. In exchange they float a huge amount of inventory that they slowly cycle through, and spend a ton of costly time on tire kickers to try and finally find those buyers willing to pay MSRP.

There are a handful of dealers that are willing to accept vastly less profit per sale in exchange for massive volume. That volume also sometimes gives them various kickbacks from Jeep, and also sometimes puts them first in line for various special models and the like.

When asked about the dealers in group two, dealers in group one love to claim that there are hidden fees or other gotchas. The reality is the high volume guys rely on their reputations to get people onto airplanes to fly to pick up cars, and so are much LESS likely to try that nonsense.

Buy from where you want, it's totally cool for some people to pay more close to home, due to trades, service dept relationships, etc. But the Gupton deal is 100% legit and there's no catch.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
That doesn't include TL, financing or affiliate pricing.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, JLUR
Occupation
Retired US Army
What a beauty! Is she sportin' stock 33 Falken MT's, or 35's? Any lift?
Thanks!
Larry
In this picture it is on Nitto 35 and does not have a lift. It will get a MOPAR 2" lift next week.

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Just waiting on Daniel to reply back to me. Think he is off the last couple days. Just trying to confirm how taxes work amd how they want the deposit. Also been going back and forth between Sport S and Overland. If I go Overland with soft top it almost equals the package I'm looking at. Overland has been getting higher factory incentives lately.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Travis seems to have an issue replying to my emails so I have stopped even trying to contact him. Sucks cause he is only 45 minutes from me but oh well.
He finally replied but discount isnt as good as Gupton which I knew $875 more. Airfare is just $57 1 way to TN so Gupton it is.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Higher Ed
Just waiting on Daniel to reply back to me. Think he is off the last couple days. Just trying to confirm how taxes work amd how they want the deposit. Also been going back and forth between Sport S and Overland. If I go Overland with soft top it almost equals the package I'm looking at. Overland has been getting higher factory incentives lately.
I’ll be registering in FL. For me it was a $1k deposit paid via a web link to a PayPal like page. He also told me since I’m out of state he gives a temp tag and then I handle registration myself locally. He did not specifically comment on sales tax but I bet I’ll have to do that directly too since normally in FL it’s connected to registration. That’s actually suboptimal for me since I’d otherwise roll into loan, though I guess it’s arguably good on fiscal discipline grounds.
Sponsored