General Complaint to all After-Market Product Makers

SpohnSoftware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th
Occupation
Computers
First off, I love my 21 Gladiator. I constantly looking for ways to improve/adjust/alter it's appearance, but would like to stick with items that match/compliment the factory color. I choose Snazzberry mainly because I didn't want another black jeep; and I don't prefer the "red" they have. I really like the Snazzberry look. However, when searching for items on the after-market sites, Amazon, direct sites, etc; everything color coordinated is either BLACK, RED, or CABON FIBOR? Seriously, is it so hard to produce items that match the factory colors? Everyone keeps saying red is 'close enough'. If I wanted RED, then I would have bought red. Again, just a short RANT.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
First off, I love my 21 Gladiator. I constantly looking for ways to improve/adjust/alter it's appearance, but would like to stick with items that match/compliment the factory color. I choose Snazzberry mainly because I didn't want another black jeep; and I don't prefer the "red" they have. I really like the Snazzberry look. However, when searching for items on the after-market sites, Amazon, direct sites, etc; everything color coordinated is either BLACK, RED, or CABON FIBOR? Seriously, is it so hard to produce items that match the factory colors? Everyone keeps saying red is 'close enough'. If I wanted RED, then I would have bought red. Again, just a short RANT.
I know it is a little extra money, but you can paint stuff any color you want.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
It's not hard but it's not cheap. Factory matched paint adds a lot of expense to the process that most people aren't going to want to pay for when a simple selection of colors suffices for 90% of the market. Even JT/JL specific parts would need to match all colors from all years and Jeep has had over a dozen colors at this point between the two.

As @DankjeeP said, you can always paint it yourself if it really means that much to you.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
If I were making products, Id make them to appeal to the widest audience ... And no, its not easy . They have to have the painter or powder coat vendor do a special run which increases cost ...

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Oh if wishing made it so.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the manufacturers of aftermarket parts offer the choice to have it bare, menaing that there is no paint/ powder coat finish....and is cheaper than the powder coat/ paint finish. this savings could go to your local powder coating guys to color match your vehicle paint, many have done this. JMHO

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the ARE topper. It was not this color when they manufactured it. I PAID to have it color matched in MoPar paint at the manufacturer. You can get the color code online from MoPar and then any respectable manufacturer of whatever material can have it matched. And yes.... it costs. Just like everything else in the real world

Gladiator in Driveway.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I have a Snazberry Mojave...trust me, we aren't getting color matched parts :) I'm trying to find a better color to match with it than the Mojave orange...it just don't flow:
Jeep Gladiator General Complaint to all After-Market Product Makers 20210614_195935

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
About the only place you're going to find a color match product are hard bed caps, and that feature comes at a premium.

Don't act like your vehicle choice has been singled out. There are plenty of people on this Board with colors other than black, white, and red that wished the products they wanted came in colors other than those three.

If you want a color match, then have it color matched after you have received the product, like others have done.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Since we are complaining about colors - I would be really happy if the colors were actually what was advertised. If I had a dollar for every "red" product I have purchased that was actually some nasty variant of salmon pink, Id be running 37`s right now..
Sponsored