First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I’ve tuned just about everything I’ve ever had, so I’m really interested in this…
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
That is what I have seen. On two vehicles.

2021 has changes a fair bit of tables related to throttle control, and I don think any tuning platform has the new definitions figures out.
What other options are there? HPTuners and a performance shop? I’d definitely like to take the dip out in the mid RPM range, but don’t want to unlock my ECM just to lock it to another. I’m new to Denver if anyone knows of a good performance shop.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I think my latest fueling changes could easily ve applied to NA jeeps and make a huge difference.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I think my latest fueling changes could easily ve applied to NA jeeps and make a huge difference.
I’ll go back and read what it takes, I think in the Magunson thread. Thanks for the heads-up.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need unlocked ecm and hp tuners. You will take data with a channel list I have, send me your downloaded tune. I will make the changes and send ot back for you to copy over and flash in.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how much really? I mean with a forced induction motor, tuning can really help by allowing more boost in the mid rpm range, when the turbo / super charger isn't tapped out.

How much more power can you really get just tweaking A:F ratio and ignition timing? 15 hp??

I assume you can run more advance if you do a 91 octane tune.

Do tunes like that still retain the ability to pull timing if detonation is detected?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This tuning is not what people are used to seeing on their LS out Coyote engine. Your not adjusting VE and spark tables. You could but you really need to understand which one is being used as they get called upon from a number of operating models. Airflow, Torque, Transmission, and variable valve timing. The 3.6L is set up to run differently than other engines most are used to tuning. It is setup to run as efficient as possible, so it works very hard to maintain 0 vacuum in most situations (less pumping losses) and it stays at stoich for most situations including acceleration. Ot relies heavily on VVT and the throttle body model to do this.

So to answer your question there is a quite a bit that can be done to the stock tune from mild to wild.

A mild change that would make a significant difference would be to configure the VVT tables to something more conventional and then use transient fueling to give you acceleration enrichment in the 13s or 12s. You can back the the theottle body model off and make it work more conventional also.

This will smooth out acceleration, give you more torque at part throttle, and totally eliminate the surge, misfire, and pinging issues that are so commonly reported with these engines.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Damn I didn't know that they released the MY21 tunes already. Sending mine in.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sure would be nice if the OP could give an update??

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Everytime I see this thread pop up all I can think about is a liver nosis tune. Kinda like cirrhosis. But for your Jeep.

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
It sure would be nice if the OP could give an update??
Well I got mine tuned and it's two thumbs up for me.

Really happy with the daily driveability improvement.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I got mine tuned and it's two thumbs up for me.

Really happy with the daily driveability improvement.
What was the total cost breakdown? I went to their website and was promptly confused.

If you reflash the stock tune for a dealer visit, can they tell you are using an aftermarket tune?

Thanks.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
nice to hear the tune is working out. Im curious about MPG changes with the tunes.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
What was the total cost breakdown? I went to their website and was promptly confused.

If you reflash the stock tune for a dealer visit, can they tell you are using an aftermarket tune?

Thanks.
$699 for the PCM unlock, Handheld tuner, and the tune files, which they customize based on your modifications.

I went with 93/ E85, 91/ E85, 89/E85, and 87/ E85, plus the transmission tune.

I already had a generic ebay bypass cable, but I went ahead and purchased theirs, since I know that is what they prefer.

Yes, they dealer will know that you are tuned. If we weren't in a chip shortage, you can just buy a new unlocked PCM from them, and swap the two out when needed. Once the chip shortage cools off, I'll buy a factory PCM.

nice to hear the tune is working out. Im curious about MPG changes with the tunes.
I'll mess around with it. I work from home and typically ride a motorcycle on the weekends.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$699 for the PCM unlock, Handheld tuner, and the tune files, which they customize based on your modifications.

I went with 93/ E85, 91/ E85, 89/E85, and 87/ E85, plus the transmission tune.

I already had a generic ebay bypass cable, but I went ahead and purchased theirs, since I know that is what they prefer.

Yes, they dealer will know that you are tuned. If we weren't in a chip shortage, you can just buy a new unlocked PCM from them, and swap the two out when needed. Once the chip shortage cools off, I'll buy a factory PCM.

I'll mess around with it. I work from home and typically ride a motorcycle on the weekends.
Thank you.

How much would a new unlocked PCM cost? Roughy. Are talking about another $300 or $900.

If you have a 93 tune and fill up with 87. or get a bad batch of gas, does the knock detection still work? Will it pull timing if it senses knock?

I assume the handheld tuner can store multiple tunes. How long does it take to reflash?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks. I've tuned 2 of the last 4 cars I've owned. But they were both turbos with huge gains to be had. (VW 1.8T and a Subaru STi) I'm trying to figure out if this is worth it.

I'm guessing that the new transmission tuning and throttle mapping does as much to help as the actual power increases.
Sponsored