Sponsored

Getting ready to order from Gupton, need to get my ducks in a row.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all,

I'm going to order a 2022 as soon as the books open and want to have everything lined up ahead of time.

I'm most likely going to order from Gupton or Tom at dealer insider.

I will join tread lightly since this seems to get me 1%.

What about the FCA control number? Is this what tread lightly gets you or is it something else that I should try to get?

If its something else, what is the best way to try to get one? I don't have anyone who works for FCA in my family.

Are there any other things I should line up ahead of time?

Thanks,

Don
Sponsored

Atch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Painter
Tread lightly gets you the control number. Only thing you'll need at the time of order is your 1k deposit and you're good to go.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Tread Lightly will get you that FCA control number. Other than that, just be sure you know exactly what options you want and send them over. I built what I wanted on Jeep's website and just sent him the build from there.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I’d check the FCA website as you don’t have to work for FCA to get a discount. They have hundreds of businesses they offer that same discount too without paying $100 to tread lightly.

Affiliate rewards <——- website

scroll down and enter your business. There’s a big list somewhere too if you want to check any others of anyone you might know. I get it with Ford but of course I don’t get it with FCA 🙄

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
You need to have Thread Lightly for a month or more before you can request the FCA control number. --- From TL -- FCA Affiliate Rewards Program Active 30 days after original join date for $100 Individual Members.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Lmao I’m glad I read this thread. I thought to myself, “maybe I should check my own corporation discounts.”

“Exclusive employee $500 bonus cash incentive for use at any dealership in the US.”

well hot damn.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to have Thread Lightly for a month or more before you can request the FCA control number. --- From TL -- FCA Affiliate Rewards Program Active 30 days after original join date for $100 Individual Members.
So if I join at the time I order, then I will have a valid number before I do the deal roughly 2 months later. So no need to join before ordering, Right??

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
So if I join at the time I order, then I will have a valid number before I do the deal roughly 2 months later. So no need to join before ordering, Right??
Just do it now. They send you the info and you can request your control number and it’s good for like 4 months. If I didn’t do mine the day of order I almost would have missed out, they built and delivered mine in 30 days.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
1)the affiliate discounts are done as of Oct 1st
2) Local dealer told me 2021 ordering is still open

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
The most difficult part of the whole process may be building your Jeep.

Build your Jeep then sit on it and go back and build it again and again and again unless you know exactly what you want and are familiar with all the options.

My truck is in shipping phase and I already have builder's remorse on no less than 4 items. Not that I won't absolutely love it when I get in it, but had I been a little more active in imagining through the build I would've done it a bit different.

And if you really like something that may not be as popular, don't seek a consensus opinion, just go with it.

Sponsored

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor

Build your Jeep then sit on it and go back and build it again and again and again unless you know exactly what you want and are familiar with all the options.

My truck is in shipping phase and I already have builder's remorse on no less than 4 items. Not that I won't absolutely love it when I get in it, but had I been a little more active in imagining through the build I would've done it a bit different.

And if you really like something that may not be as popular, don't seek a consensus opinion, just go with it.
I kind of wish i upgraded to the gray leather seats in my Mojave. But my thinking was once the front seats made of cloth wear out i could probably go aftermarket for less... but now im thinking i should of just did the gray leather.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I’d check the FCA website as you don’t have to work for FCA to get a discount. They have hundreds of businesses they offer that same discount too without paying $100 to tread lightly.

Affiliate rewards <——- website

scroll down and enter your business. There’s a big list somewhere too if you want to check any others of anyone you might know. I get it with Ford but of course I don’t get it with FCA 🙄
maybe so , but TreadLighly is a very worthy cause.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Just do it now. They send you the info and you can request your control number and it’s good for like 4 months. If I didn’t do mine the day of order I almost would have missed out, they built and delivered mine in 30 days.
you can get up to two control numbers in a calendar year, no other time limit.

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e

I second that! I have built out about 30 variations in the last few days. What I can live with and live without seems to change based on how long I stare at the screen and how many drinks I have had.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I kind of wish i upgraded to the gray leather seats in my Mojave. But my thinking was once the front seats made of cloth wear out i could probably go aftermarket for less... but now im thinking i should of just did the gray leather.

Is the leather bolstered the same as cloth? You have the option of switching to Catskinz(?) leather seats at any time and I believe for not much more than factory. Or you can advertise a swap. I think there's a few leather folks pining for cloth.

One of my regrets is not going with tan leather instead of black. Once I take delivery I'm hoping to find someone who made the opposite mistake and might even be able to get the red dash panels swapped also.

I second that! I have built out about 30 variations in the last few days. What I can live with and live without seems to change based on how long I stare at the screen and how many drinks I have had.
Curious what the alcohol is trending towards? More options? Lol.
Sponsored