First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Lol this will not be limited production. They will sell as many Gladiators as they can wranglers.
Hmmm...time will tell, but there is competition in the pick up truck scene.
Not so much for the Wranglers.
I did read that the Jeep Boss, Manley I think, said he expects the JT to steal 10-15% from
the JL's.
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I think he means low-production + very high price.
I think that’s what Jeep originally intended w/ this truck, but IMHO they abandoned that when they came out with 4 trim levels. Would have only had a couple at most for an ‘elite’ vehicle.
I agree with ya. The Demon and Grand Cherokee Trackhawk are Halo vehicles. When they first announced the Gladiators, before the reveal, there was a lot of talk about it not cutting into wrangler sales as it was a special or lifestyle vehicle and all we were hearing was a base model and a rubicon. However, once more details came out, and it started grabbing traction in the media and forums, I think Jeep realized that it needed to be a more mainstream model and expanded the trim level offerings knowing it would sell enough to survive as a stand-alone model that would steal buyers from other manufacturers in the mid sized truck market as opposed to hurting Wrangler sales. So.. originally it might have been a halo idea but quickly ballooned into a longer term high volume sales run.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I was texting with the fleet manager at the Chrysler dealership I use yesterday and he mentioned that they will be seeing five or six gladiators by the end of July, I was surprised by this as they’re a smaller dealer in a bedroom community south of Edmonton.

There are a couple mega dealers here with obnoxious radio ads that push a lot of volume, I’m assuming they’re going to be allocated more of them.

He also mentioned ordering will be the best route for a bit as he said pulling a vehicle from an other dealer to get the options I want will be like pulling teeth, they’re going to hold on to them like gold.
Shouting out loud!!!! This actually happened to a close friend!

celebrities-without-teeth-19.jpg

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I spend quite a bit of time at various car dealers in my job. I was at a very large Jeep dealer in FL last week and during a discussion with the GM he stated that the JT will be a Halo vehicle for Jeep. Consequently, it will not be a high volume product. He said he thought he would only get 4-5 for the year!

Since I deal with a lot of car dealer GMs I know that they typically are wrong and I always take what they say with a huge grain of salt. Just thought I would share what was said.

He could just be planning on all the up charges he will put on them...
If he’s only getting 4-5 Gladiators, he doesn’t sell many Wranglers. We’ve already seen the info that allocation will be based on some specific JL sales volume metrics, so maybe he’s just bad at his job :CWL:

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
That must be for the boarder patrol,i hear they're now stealing the fencing, lmao
That's what I said the first 7000 were for. Can't build the wall so they will patrol it with 7000 JT's.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I like my sales charts like I like my hurricane prediction models, spaghetti with a chance of plywood

lb_jul-nov_stacked_06-04-18.png

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That's what I said the first 7000 were for. Can't build the wall so they will patrol it with 7000 JT's.
when we thought it was 60,000 jts, i calculated it could be like one every few hundred feet. Just a boarder wall of gladiators. I don't know where that post is, but yeah...