ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
What size tires are you running?? Any lift?? I am debating so much whether to go 35s or 37s.......
2” spacer lift with 37” tires.
Sponsored

Dan1227

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport
Currently we have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, a 2015 Mini Cooper S, a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited, and a 2019 Chevy Equinox (my company car). We both work from home and we find ourselves putting effectively no miles on the vehicles aside from the company car and the occasional dinner trip in the WK2. The Mini has gotten maybe 50 miles in the past months and the XJ is just a completely stock cream puff that I think we’ll give to my dad so he has something to tinker on.

What am I getting at?

I’d like to consolidate and I keep circling back to the JT. We’ll eventually need a truck and I’ve owned probably a dozen Jeeps over the years with great success. Does anyone use theirs for all necessary duties? Miles will be low, but it will effectively be my wife’s vehicle. Can we comfortably have a car seat or two in the back (my biggest concern)? How is it for long trips? Bitch to park? Will probably go with an auto Rubicon with minimal options.

We’re either going to go this route or trade the cars in on a SRT Jeep and buy a beater truck for the house duties.
I use my gladiator as a daily driver around town a few trips nothing far yet maybe 2 to 3 hour drive tops and it's great so far, fits my sons car seat and my other son as well and so far I've used it to move furniture and other home improvement type stuff like 2x4s appliances and such with no probs in fact being able to take the top off made it easier to haul long stuff like couches

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I just got a JTR and am looking at an airstream. I am concerned about the weight towing. What Airstream do you have? have you done any extended trips? Do you have any recommendations. We are looking at a 23' 2 axle I believe about 5k lbs but I am now thinking of the similar 22' single axle at about 4k lbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Mine is 27', 5k lbs loaded. Details are here, get a properly setup weight distributing hitch and it'll have no problems at 5-6k lbs.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...towing-my-airstream-with-the-gladiator.17072/

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
It can do it all from commuting to family hauling to cargo to towing to off roading and even touring if you don't mind having your luggage in the back exposed or if you have a tonneau, even better. I have no problems with it as an all around so everything car other than high performance track driving.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Can we comfortably have a car seat or two in the back (my biggest concern)?
Yes. More than 2 kids though and all you'll be hearing is, "MOM, DAD, SO AND SO IS TOUCHING ME."

The only real negative I have is having to take the Suburban instead of the JT on day trips up to the mountains with the whole clan, including the mutts.

Sponsored

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
My wife and I, with 3 kids and a medium sized dog have our Gladiator as our only vehicle. We have our RTT mounted to it, bikes in the back and we haul our tear-drop as needed.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
My wife and I, with 3 kids and a medium sized dog have our Gladiator as our only vehicle. We have our RTT mounted to it, bikes in the back and we haul our tear-drop as needed.
Where do you put the dog?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The cabin is really comfortable, though small. I could do it, we only have 1 kid. We could manage. But we also do some very long road trips that have nothing to do with Jeep stuff and then we take the little sedan. Can go much faster and stop a lot less for gas. I will make the trip to LA tomorrow in probably 5 hours. We did a trip to Oregon, almost exactly same distance, took 7+ hours with slower speeds and more stops.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Going into COVID we had 4 vehicles for a family of 4 (kids are young so this is crazier than it sounds). Wife's SUV, my 04 wrangler for wheeling, my work paid for BMW, and our recently bought dream vehicle Gladiator. Having 4 cars was crazy but I didn't think I could give up the BMW for commuting. Well, COVID, so gave up the BMW and haven't really looked back. Glady is the DD and have no problems with any of the above issues you mention except road noise on one concrete section of highway I have to drive on. Yes, its long but it's narrow so that makes up for it and the turn radius is at least decent. Family trips no problem except the wife does think it is loud for more than a few hours.
Sponsored