Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Rent one for the weekend
That is a great idea that I hadn’t thought of. How do you suggest doing so? I looked through Turo (I’ve never done it before) and couldn’t find any that are remotely close to me while I’m in Ohio nor back home when I return.

Can you select a specific vehicle with the more traditional Enterprise or such?
Sponsored

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have had my Gladiator for just over a month. I drive it ever where - I have no issues... I have two other vehicles if I ever get tired of the truck. NOT! ;)

Reactions: DHP

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That is a great idea that I hadn’t thought of. How do you suggest doing so? I looked through Turo (I’ve never done it before) and couldn’t find any that are remotely close to me while I’m in Ohio nor back home when I return.

Can you select a specific vehicle with the more traditional Enterprise or such?
Someone on here mentioned Avis... Might have been Ohio area?

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Someone on here mentioned Avis... Might have been Ohio area?
Interesting... I'll be up here for another couple weeks. Would be great if I could find one for next weekend.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
It's going to be my only vehicle. Pickups are just very practical. Need to take those leaves to the dump? Check. Get a can of gas for the mower (and not share the cab with it)? Check. New bush for the yard?

You get the gist. With a full cab they are also an SUV. If you have a sole car, pickup is a good choice
Yesterday I rented a 20' U-Haul moving van for $48 just to "pick up" a TV i found at Walmart for a very good price. (No pickups or small vans available, and if i'd waited the TV would be gone.)

Yes, i felt ridiculous. Yes, i wish i'd had the JT i ordered on 4/27.

(BTW i had the Accord with me when i found the TV, knew it wouldn't fit, so went home and got the Subaru Legacy because it has much better dimensions than the Accord. Thought for sure the Legacy would work but forgot to measure the trunk opening--just an inch or two less than i needed. Wife suggested i try the Mercdes SL convertible but i explained a 70-inch TV doesn't flex as well as a Christmas tree.)

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my Excursion and traded in my mustang for my JTR, which is now my DD and I couldn’t be happier! Go for it and enjoy!

WNCJEEP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Launch Edition Rubicon Gladiator; 2014 JKU Rubicon; 1981 CJ7 Laredo
I have had my JT Rubicon since May 24 and have put over 5000 miles on it with several long trips with two Elementary age children. It should be ideal as an everyday driver, however, I have to have Bluetooth / hands-free to make work calls. There is a real issue with hands-free/Bluetooth. It sounds fine on our end but at modest highway speeds it is almost unbearable for the other end of the call, they report it sounds like the top is off. I posted about in on thread below. It doesn't matter phone brand or model, my dealer confirmed it on 3 different vehicles.

The only other issue is highway driving is unnerving until you reduce tire pressure, then it handles like a dream.

Short answer, if JEEP can fix this Bluetooth/ Hands-free issue, out it will be awesome daily driver.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bluetooth-noise-issue.17187/page-4#post-300070

1STJ100

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
TV Director
Traded in my Chevy Colorado. Mid size is fine for us. Why would you NOT want a convertible P/U? It's pretty damn perfect.

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
My JTR is my DD, replaced my jlur and Silverado. It's been great so far, about .5mpg less than the jl but able to pull truck duty, which for me involves hardware store runs, dump runs and towing my airstream. My commute is around 35 miles each way, 3/4 highway.
I just got a JTR and am looking at an airstream. I am concerned about the weight towing. What Airstream do you have? have you done any extended trips? Do you have any recommendations. We are looking at a 23' 2 axle I believe about 5k lbs but I am now thinking of the similar 22' single axle at about 4k lbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
We've typically been a 3 car family. My wife always has her own and I've typically had a sports/muscle car and some kind of old truck/SUV for hauling, fishing, camping, dog stuff, etc. Decided to consolidate my two down to one and traded my 17 Daytona 392 and 04 F150 for the JT. I really only had two concerns:
1. Having no performance car at all: Just a lifestyle change and adjustment here. In my view, I still have a performance vehicle, it's just that the performance is geared towards off-road rather than on! Has plenty power for passing and hauling. Just won't make traffic "melt" in my rearview like the 392 did, but the top wouldn't come off of that one either.
2. Messing up a nice, new, expensive JT with my former "beater" duties: I plan to mitigate this where I can, with seat covers, frequent clean ups, etc. But, it is a truck and I will use it as such. Won't fret very much about the little scratches and dings that will certainly come with the territory.

Otherwise, like others have mentioned; it's a very versatile vehicle and is certainly up to the task of daily driver. I've put 1500 miles on mine in about 4 weeks, including one 300 mile trip with the wife and one 8 yr old. My wife did complain that the "headrest was too hard", but they both slept half the trip, so it couldn't have been too bad.

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I sold my Excursion and traded in my mustang for my JTR, which is now my DD and I couldn’t be happier! Go for it and enjoy!
What size tires are you running?? Any lift?? I am debating so much whether to go 35s or 37s.......

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have been driving nothing but 2 door wranglers and my motorcycle for over ten years and the constant need for a truck was getting to me because just going to Sam's club or the grocery store with my JK had to be planned out. I like you don't drive many miles a month and two months in my only car/truck is the gladiator. It rides and mostly responds like my Wrangler (as well as the actual MPG) and now I can go shopping and have my dog and passengers without issue at the same time. The only thing different to get used to is that the gladiator is much longer than a two door JK so I had to make some more room in the garage that somewhat impeeds my work bench. Well that and I need to figure out a lifting system for the hard top because no matter which way I pull in the hard top is pretty much right in line with my garage door opener. All in all as a daily driver I am happy so far.

Last edited:

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Currently we have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, a 2015 Mini Cooper S, a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited, and a 2019 Chevy Equinox (my company car). We both work from home and we find ourselves putting effectively no miles on the vehicles aside from the company car and the occasional dinner trip in the WK2. The Mini has gotten maybe 50 miles in the past months and the XJ is just a completely stock cream puff that I think we’ll give to my dad so he has something to tinker on.

What am I getting at?

I’d like to consolidate and I keep circling back to the JT. We’ll eventually need a truck and I’ve owned probably a dozen Jeeps over the years with great success. Does anyone use theirs for all necessary duties? Miles will be low, but it will effectively be my wife’s vehicle. Can we comfortably have a car seat or two in the back (my biggest concern)? How is it for long trips? Bitch to park? Will probably go with an auto Rubicon with minimal options.

We’re either going to go this route or trade the cars in on a SRT Jeep and buy a beater truck for the house duties.

I've had mine for 2 weeks and I've gone on two lengthy trips (8 hours round trip and 6 hours round trip) with our 3 year old. It would easily fit 2 car seats without issue and it's been great on the long trips. The rear USB ports in the Rubicon are great for plugging in tablets and he is perfectly comfortable back there. Love the bed for bringing all our crap with us. It's shockingly easy to park. I've parallell parked in the single digits in my entire life and easily parked it at the beach this weekend between two cars because of the cameras. Mine is pretty loaded, but the ACC and 8.4" screen seem like must haves for me. I've not had trouble with blind spots and would probably skip that option. Soft top only has been great for me. Fits easily in my garage. I would love this as a long trip only vehicle.