aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
What an amazing trip this was. Wifey even liked it and she's no camper. Took all of 30 seconds before we saw our first horses upon entering the campground. Then after setting everything up a family stopped by to check everything out, made sure we didn't have any food out as they smelt everything and moved on.

IMG_3510.JPEG

IMG_3512.JPEG

IMG_3513.JPEG

IMG_3514.JPEG

IMG_3515.JPEG

IMG_3516.JPEG

IMG_3517.JPEG

IMG_3518.JPEG

IMG_3519.JPEG

IMG_3520.JPEG

IMG_3521.JPEG

IMG_3522.JPEG

IMG_3523.JPEG

IMG_3524.JPEG

IMG_3525.JPEG

IMG_3526.JPEG

IMG_3527.JPEG

IMG_3528.JPEG

IMG_3529.JPEG

IMG_3530.JPEG

IMG_3531.JPEG

IMG_3532.JPEG

IMG_3533.JPEG

IMG_3534.JPEG

IMG_3535.JPEG
Sponsored

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Looks like a great time!

I should get there one day, not that far for me

OP
OP
aprez27

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a great time!

I should get there one day, not that far for me
100%, it was worth 11 hour round trip. Next time I'm gonna be towing a camper there.

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Very cool. I did it with my family last year. We found out we are not beach campers but would rather camp in the woods/mountains. We had a camp site on the beach and the down side was it was mostly a hill site so lots of walking. Might have been better if we had a camper or roof top tent. 2 boys under 5 bring a lot of sand in with them. Horses were very cool to see and they are everywhere.

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Love the pics!

We were there last year. Had such a great time that we may make it a yearly fall trip.

We stayed on the bayside. Much less wind and this time we have access to the bay from our site.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Me and first wifey spent a lot of time there. Her ashes are scatter on the ocean side beach. She loved the horses there.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Each time I was at Dover AFB TDY I would stop there. One time over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I pretty much had the place to myself. Amazing place. The history of how the horses got there is still a tale of unproven legends.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
Does anyone know of a similar place on the western side of the US? My wife and daughter would LOVE this, but southern CA is a looooooooong drive to this campground.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
What a great trip/pics. Can you give me more info on your bed rack system and your tent setup ? Thanks

B Bedgood

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep tj
Occupation
Retired
That's a wonderful place to visit. My wife and I spent the day on the island back in the first part of May. We didn't stay there though. We were in an rv park in Delaware. Hope you enjoyed it!

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
One of my favorite places in the country to camp, and practically in my back yard at 2.5 hours away. Been camping there on the state and national side since I was a teenager. I used to buy the annual over sand permit on the national side and make it a point to spend as much time as I could down the beach throwing a surf rod.

Looks like you were on either I or J Loop of the state side. Long cry from the old "toilets" in the loosest sense of the word. Super nice, and so long as the bugs aren't active it's phenomenal. The ponies are much more aggressive and intrusive the past few years because they didn't thin the herds too much during Covid. Gotta lock up the food and be sure to know when they're around.

Here's a couple years ago, posted up about 10 miles down the beach with my old Taco. Worth the money if you're into fishing and want to get away from the crowds.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Camping w/ Wild Horses of Assateague State Park 64477454753__84BDC450-9577-4C1A-A907-A8D66D0D3B0A

And the ponies will wander down the beach, too. Shot this on the State side one morning. They came thundering down the surf. Was wild to see them playing in the ocean.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Camping w/ Wild Horses of Assateague State Park IMG_1402
:

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
One of my favorite places in the country to camp, and practically in my back yard at 2.5 hours away. Been camping there on the state and national side since I was a teenager. I used to buy the annual over sand permit on the national side and make it a point to spend as much time as I could down the beach throwing a surf rod.

Looks like you were on either I or J Loop of the state side. Long cry from the old "toilets" in the loosest sense of the word. Super nice, and so long as the bugs aren't active it's phenomenal. The ponies are much more aggressive and intrusive the past few years because they didn't thin the herds too much during Covid. Gotta lock up the food and be sure to know when they're around.

Here's a couple years ago, posted up about 10 miles down the beach with my old Taco. Worth the money if you're into fishing and want to get away from the crowds.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Camping w/ Wild Horses of Assateague State Park IMG_1402

And the ponies will wander down the beach, too. Shot this on the State side one morning. They came thundering down the surf. Was wild to see them playing in the ocean.

:
So Wild Horses couldn’t drag you awaaay…