Sponsored

Gladiator Crash - We Won! Impressions as the driver......

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Well the only good thing about Sunday night was a Packer win over the Seahawks! On our way home from the game a drunk driver blew a red light barely missing another vehicle. As I believed a crash was imminent between these two vehicles I was moving into the oncoming traffic lane and to my surprise these two vehicle died not collide which put the red light runner right in front of Vlad. We struck the Buick SUV broadside with the front right corner of the Gladiator at about 35 mph. The other car was traveling about 25 mph. Airbags deployed and we ended up the curb and not the sidewalk nearly taking out the traffic control signals. Minor bumps and bruises to the two right passengers in the Jeep. The Buick was permanently disabled/totaled. As the driver the Gladiator was real solid and it was a big blow. The other driver attempted to flee by driving away, that wasn't gonna happen because we won the crash but eventually fled the scene on foot but was later captured by the police K9. Driver was wanted on drug related charges and was charged with OWI Causing injury and Hit and Run.

Vlad faired ok but is seriously hurt. Most damage was contained to right front bumper and quarter panel. The vehicle we struck spun and then hit the right rear passenger door crushing in the door and the rear of the cab. The front axle broke just right of the differential but this was most likely due to the fact I was running the factory steel bumper in the shorty mode! Overall I feel that the Gladiator took huge blow, suffered extensive damage but less than I would have thought, and was solid and felt safe in this crash situation! Here are the photos:
upload_2020-1-14_13-11-58.png

upload_2020-1-14_13-14-43.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-15-53.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-16-23.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-16-41.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-17-4.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-17-29.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-18-53.png
Sponsored

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Any pics of the other car? Glad you weren’t injured but I expect the gladiator will be totaled

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
The 2nd pics I've seen of one breaking at the FAD. Glad everyone (that was doing the right thing) is ok. And what a good boy biting that bad person! lol

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Glad to hear no one was hurt. JT can be rebuilt.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Sure glad to hear everyone is ok. On the surface it looks like the Gladiator held up really well. I don't imagine the other vehicle fared near as well. Time to start plugging at the repair shop to get D60s under there since the axle needs replaced anyway, right?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Oh the pain of seeing the wounded warrior.

Glad you are good. Hopefully, the lowlife actually has insurance and if it doesn't get totaled (something you should push for), you will take a huge hit on diminished value. That is where your insurance company will have an opportunity to shine or fail. Best of luck!

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Well the only good thing about Sunday night was a Packer win over the Seahawks!
I'm just here to say F the Packers. I will be licking my wounds and cheering for the 49ers! :punch:

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you are ok...in the end...that is all that matters. Everything else can be fixed or replaced.

#GoPackGo
Sponsored