Sponsored

Gladiator Crash - We Won! Impressions as the driver......

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Wow, glad you are OK. I replaced a stock plastic front bumper with an Ace stubby. And tell you right now, the parts of the plastic bumper in front of the tire are not doing jack in a collision. Not sure about the steel bumper extensions.
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Glad everyone is OK! There nothing worse than a damn drunk. Hopefully the JT will get back in action soon!

OP
OP
pilotpat

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Sure glad to hear everyone is ok. On the surface it looks like the Gladiator held up really well. I don't imagine the other vehicle fared near as well. Time to start plugging at the repair shop to get D60s under there since the axle needs replaced anyway, right?
Exactly what I said!!

OP
OP
pilotpat

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any pics of the other car? Glad you weren’t injured but I expect the gladiator will be totaled
Unfortunately I didn't get any of the other car....was too busy nursing my old man hamstring from trying to run down the bad guy so I forgot to grab a few pics. The Buick was completely crushed from in front of the drives door thru the left front quarter panel. If I would have taken him square in the side they guy probably would be dead or at least pinned inside. Door had to be pried open with force for him to get out anyway.

His saving grace and opportunity to get away was due to my wife yelling "Don't hurt him! Don't hurt him!"

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Glad everyone is OK! There nothing worse than a damn drunk. Hopefully the JT will get back in action soon!
I dunno - it's not really any different than someone getting in knowing damn well they've not slept much, had a short night and a long day, and making the CHOICE to drive fatigued - and going out and killing someone. (or maiming them for life)
Some states have laws against that, but since it's not a crime to be STUPID, the laws have no teeth. And the laws typically lay out "less than xx hours of sleep in the last 24 hours" - that's BS. That doesn't account for sleeping 7 and then working 17 hours non-stop.

Funny thing - drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep - it's all driving while knowingly impaired.
They CHOOSE to drive that way, it's a choice.
I see no difference in driving while fatigued, driving drunk, or driving while impaired by drugs in this day and age - the information age, warning people constantly of the dangers.

Luckily, no innocent people were seriously hurt.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I dunno - it's not really any different than someone getting in knowing damn well they've not slept much, had a short night and a long day, and making the CHOICE to drive fatigued - and going out and killing someone. (or maiming them for life)
Some states have laws against that, but since it's not a crime to be STUPID, the laws have no teeth. And the laws typically lay out "less than xx hours of sleep in the last 24 hours" - that's BS. That doesn't account for sleeping 7 and then working 17 hours non-stop.

Funny thing - drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep - it's all driving while knowingly impaired.
They CHOOSE to drive that way, it's a choice.
I see no difference in driving while fatigued, driving drunk, or driving while impaired by drugs in this day and age - the information age, warning people constantly of the dangers.

Luckily, no innocent people were seriously hurt.
You reminded me of another worthless driver...

A3D0A666-E4EF-4A0B-94A1-4D96B0955BD4.jpeg

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Sorry to here that your ride is all banged up... super glad you and your family walked away!

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
damn....
sorry Pat.

Glad you and peeps OK.

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I am sorry for your loss and am glad you and your passengers are OK. I hope the dog had fun with him. I note that you have a tablet mount and other devices on the dash that apparently did not interfere with the air bag deployment and held up despite the crash. That is reassuring for those of us who want to mount stuff. Mind sharing what mount system(s) you are using?

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Sorry to hear that you had to deal with some scum bag. Glad you are ok. Keep an eye out for how little trouble this scum bucket gets into from this night of scumering. You will be surprised.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Glad everyone is ok and sorry about the repair-o....

OP
OP
pilotpat

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am sorry for your loss and am glad you and your passengers are OK. I hope the dog had fun with him. I note that you have a tablet mount and other devices on the dash that apparently did not interfere with the air bag deployment and held up despite the crash. That is reassuring for those of us who want to mount stuff. Mind sharing what mount system(s) you are using?
Yes! I was impressed by that mounting system and that none of the accessories were affected by the airbag deployment. This was good for both my passenger and myself. I am using the Vector Offroad JL mount. It is a great mount and has worked great with an assortment of Ram accessories and mounts.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @pilotpat do you have any better pictures of your dash mounts? The crash pictures were taken at nighttime and are kinda dark, hard to see. Got any pre-crash daytime pictures?

I have 2 RAM mounts. One is on drivers grab handle(holds my I-phone) and the other one is mounted to the passenger dash grab bar(holds my Garmin GPS). Love to see better pictures of your mounts if you have some.

Also curious to know; did you find out if the driver had insurance? Hope they did.

EA59D4B0-9342-493C-A000-895D992D731B.jpeg
FFBE1554-19F4-4F00-984E-5BF8BA527730.jpeg
9EB45D5C-AECB-413D-A3EB-0456E6E645A8.jpeg

Yes! I was impressed by that mounting system and that none of the accessories were affected by the airbag deployment. This was good for both my passenger and myself. I am using the Vector Offroad JL mount. It is a great mount and has worked great with an assortment of Ram accessories and mounts.
Sponsored