First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pastor and Mechanical Engineer
4ft x 300lb = 1200 ft*lb of torque on you camper top. The tubing will be fine, but the connection at your topper is going to be overstressed for sure.

The idea by @Dav6662 is ideal IMO for this. Use your hitch that is already securely connected to the frame and rated to handle that load.

I made my own utility rails out of unistrut - it's a bit more rigid than the mopar rail. You could connect a strut to your bed and attach two points for you hoist to distribute the load. Problem is, you are still transmitting that load back to the body of the truck bed and would have to increase your reach too probably....I like trying to use the hitch idea more and more...
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
4ft x 300lb = 1200 ft*lb of torque on you camper top. The tubing will be fine, but the connection at your topper is going to be overstressed for sure.

The idea by @Dav6662 is ideal IMO for this. Use your hitch that is already securely connected to the frame and rated to handle that load.

I made my own utility rails out of unistrut - it's a bit more rigid than the mopar rail. You could connect a strut to your bed and attach two points for you hoist to distribute the load. Problem is, you are still transmitting that load back to the body of the truck bed and would have to increase your reach too probably....I like trying to use the hitch idea more and more...
My utility rail is also out of unistrut made by BuiltRight. do you think attaching a hand winch or come along to the unistrut rail to pull the deer up 2 plywood ramps would be an okay load on the 4 bolts that hold that rail on @BryantJT?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

tanner20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
nice rig! nice buck. is that a 6? that's the largest 6 i have ever seen.
Thanks man :)

Nope, it's an eight. His g3s are in line with his mains from the top-down angle. You can see the bent in g2 on the right side (his left) is a little shorter...this is that same buck euro'd above my desk...
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Deer Hoist:  Calling all engineers IMG_20201029_112340

Sponsored

ParsonBrown

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pastor and Mechanical Engineer
My utility rail is also out of unistrut made by BuiltRight. do you think attaching a hand winch or come along to the unistrut rail to pull the deer up 2 plywood ramps would be an okay load on the 4 bolts that hold that rail on?
Yes, the bolts will be fine. The allowable stress on the bolts is well beyond that load. I would take it slow and watch for any flex in the panel of the bed. I'm sure it will be fine, just remember you are distributing the weight of that load back to the truck.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
has anybody seen another member mount something through this hole in the upper corner of the bed? I can see daylight, so it might be accessible from the backside.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Deer Hoist:  Calling all engineers 1603988965993

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man :)

Nope, it's an eight. His g3s are in line with his mains from the top-down angle. You can see the bent in g2 on the right side (his left) is a little shorter...this is that same buck euro'd above my desk...
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Deer Hoist:  Calling all engineers 1603988965993
Love the euro mount! i've got 3 (albeit tiny compared to yours) in our TV room. Is that texas mounting it to the wall? can you PM me a photo of how the skull is mounted to the wall? Maybe I need to do something like that for my next U.P. Michigan buck!

tanner20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Love the euro mount! i've got 3 (albeit tiny compared to yours) in our TV room. Is that texas mounting it to the wall? can you PM me a photo of how the skull is mounted to the wall? Maybe I need to do something like that for my next U.P. Michigan buck!
That's my best one yet...not most points but widest. Free range SE Texas whitetail. The rest of my 'trophies' are in the garage just capped. Yeah I'll send you a picture of that mount. My buddy makes them in a few styles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmmm, the idea is awesome, not sure the design is great. I'll look into this more. Thanks for the link! In case anybody is interested its only $103 on prime.

EDIT: I think i'm actually going to buy one and either use it as is or possibly modify it a bit. If it turns out to be complete crap, amazon has free returns on this item.

This fits the bill though. light weight, portable, looks like faster deployment than the hitch hoist that Rokon showed as an option. Don't put my $4k+ topper in danger, no welding needed.......YEAH!

Might make a slightly bigger platform that sits on top of the black tray and put a cheap plastic kids sled under the deer to slide it into the truck.

Thanks @Moe_Fugga!

https://www.amazon.com/Viking-Solut...1&refRID=9JWQQ5SCS6XPN3J6YN6N#customerReviews

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Deer Hoist:  Calling all engineers 1603990256993

Last edited:
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Stihl hasn't been used since I purchased the that Milwaukee.
My stihl kombi hasn't been used since I got a Milwaukee blower and weed Wacker.

Got the Milwaukee pole saw too. Kind of unwieldy but you can put 3 extensions on that to make. Made my shooting lane nice and clear from my tall deer stand.
Sponsored