First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If i add a few washers to my front seat to have it tilt a bit can it still slide forward and back?
I put a nut, about half inch thick on my Wrangler - does not impede your ability to slide back and forth at all, the rail is above the floor mount.
Sponsored

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Roll up a bath towel and put behind you in the small of your back to support your lumbar curve, will limit muscle fatigue and relax your back muscles, doesn’t cost a thing, and find a good hip flexor stretch.
Raising the front of the seat will make your knees sit above your hips and hunch your low back, not very ergonomic.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
I've been wanting something to lift the front (or lower the back) of the seat. Order placed for the Desert Does It blocks.

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That looks pretty nice. Now if someone will just invent a way to lower the damn seats. My old JK seat was perfect. I don't know what jeep was thinking that we need all these modifications.

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Roll up a bath towel and put behind you in the small of your back to support your lumbar curve, will limit muscle fatigue and relax your back muscles, doesn’t cost a thing, and find a good hip flexor stretch.
Raising the front of the seat will make your knees sit above your hips and hunch your low back, not very ergonomic.
Problem with the seats is you can't simply raise them straight up - as you raise it the back of the seat bottom rises faster than the front so you eventually get to a point (about mid-way I think) where the front can be lower than the back of the seat bottom and you want to slide down. Especially a problem on leather seats. So the front needs a little help with the upwards tilt - and you can always recline the seat back a bit to open up your hip/torso angle.

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My problem is I would like them to be LOWER and also go back more. The lowest setting is too high. And the further back too short. Whoever designed these seats, should be fired. never heard of a seat where you have to buy spacers to make the front higher or extenders to make the thing go further back. And I haven't found anything to make it actually a lower seat. And actually like just to buy a replacement seat that actually works well.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Finally pays to be 5'10"".
Being 5’10” is like having every vehicle designed around you. It’s a privilege we need to check.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My problem is I would like them to be LOWER and also go back more. The lowest setting is too high. And the further back too short. Whoever designed these seats, should be fired. never heard of a seat where you have to buy spacers to make the front higher or extenders to make the thing go further back. And I haven't found anything to make it actually a lower seat. And actually like just to buy a replacement seat that actually works well.
I'm 5'6" with short legs so I need to raise the seat a bit, and need to bring foward a bit. I wish Jeep had adjustable pedals like many other vehicles in that price range do. I'm too used to my vehicles having power adjustable seats and pedals. :)

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
I raised my seat and it works great. My bath towel is at home.

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I fitted the desert does it kit this evening on my JT.

It was a bit tricky keeping the spacer blocks aligned while I was trying to torque them down into place, they kept sliding on me. I then fitted the molle panel which kept both of the blocks aligned so it was easier that way.

I do like the seat base angle now, should be good on a longer trip.

I guess I will get used to it, but it does look a bit awkward when you open the door and see the spacer block.
Just for anyone searching on this, you need an E12 torx female socket to remove the stock bolts.

i-cTfdm7J-L.jpg

i-zXsG6dD-L.jpg

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a Gladiator Rubicon with manual trans and manual seats. I'm 6'2". I find it difficult to find a good position that doesn't hurt my back on long trips. I think it's particular to the stick since that requires a certain driving position which auto trans wouldn't. Wondering if anyone else has this difficulty and would appreciate any suggestions for a back rest if you have bought one. Given my height there isn't must room for legs once you add something on back of seat.
Thanks in advance.
The fix was to both use the spacer to tilt sear back (although my knees are almost touching front) AND fill the bucket back with memory foam cushion ( so top of seat doesn't curl me forward)

Wholand

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks to the feedback given here I got a set. They work great! I will say that as nicely as they are made, they still look awkward. If your thinking about adding the multi mount bracket later, just buy it up front. It makes aligning the brackets much easier. Otherwise the blocks like to rotate as you torque them down. And the directions fail to mention you need an E12 Torx female socket.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks to the feedback given here I got a set. They work great! I will say that as nicely as they are made, they still look awkward. If your thinking about adding the multi mount bracket later, just buy it up front. It makes aligning the brackets much easier. Otherwise the blocks like to rotate as you torque them down. And the directions fail to mention you need an E12 Torx female socket.
Their instructions were most likely written for the Wrangler which uses a male torx bit. They switched to a different bolt on the Gladiator.

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
I went with the desert solution.
My legs are now more then happy.
Now the bad. I’m 6’4”. I’m touching now the roll bar. I have to sit more straight and have to put the seat more forward.

it is still a lot better.

the gladiator should have from the factory better adjustable seats.
And a roll bar that uses less space.
Sponsored