Gladiator EcoDiesel Spotted Testing in Moab

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Well I have gleaned a little info from watching videos on the Ram ecodiesel, in one they pointed out that they moved the intercooler for the turbo down in behind the bumper to unstack the airflow thru the radiator some. This would not be an option on the JT.

Would not be surprised if we will find a 'de-tuned' version of the Ram engine in the Gladiator.
Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
That Ecodiesel cost $5k over the BSG Pentastar in the Ram. Based on that, it could be even more vs the SS V6. another $2k for the auto trans (which most get anyway, I know) In Europe, the JL ships with the BSG Turbo-4 or 2.2 Multijet for the same price. THAT I could get behind.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I guess if they don't sell many of them, then they won't have as many fail!

Seriously, I kinda want one for my usage but the price and my skepticism may prevent me. A strong price for a proven reliable item is another matter. We're not there.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just really want to know if it's going to produce the same torque as the new Ram 1500. They are giving 480lbs vice the 440 being touted for the Gladiator. I would really like those extra 40lbs sqft of torque for pulling, payload and naturally for off-road when going through that thick deep stuff.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I just really want to know if it's going to produce the same torque as the new Ram 1500. They are giving 480lbs vice the 440 being touted for the Gladiator. I would really like those extra 40lbs sqft of torque for pulling, payload and naturally for off-road when going through that thick deep stuff.
I doubt it, mainly because one of the reasons for it was being able to move the intercooler out of the way of the radiator. There really isn't anywhere else for it to go on a Gladiator.
Sponsored

Reactions: Len