Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
They saw the hole Ferd has dug for themselves when doing electric pickup truck things and said …..Nope.

Can‘t blame them one bit. There are much better solutions for what these vehicles are being used for.
Sponsored

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
Long live the diesel.
What does you manual say about B20 Biodiesel fuel? The first gen Ecodiesel in my Ram says it's sort of OK. Just need to shorten the oil change intervals. If they could make it fully compatible with renewable biodiesel fuel, no reliability issues, then your wish may have a chance.

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I'm still hoping the Recon doesn't replace the Wrangler. It's just too similar for both to succeed.
Jeep has already said the Recon isn’t a Wrangler replacement but rather aimed at a different group of buyers. Sure some overlap is there, but the Recon is a larger vehicle than the Wrangler and has different appeal. Jeep would never do something to put its prized possession in jeopardy.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im with some of the others that I read that quote to say they wont be recreating a new JT out of the Recon frame. But left the possibility of an electric JT still in the air. I recently watched the video of the Rivian doing the Ike towing torture test and was actually impressed. The tech isnt there IMO yet, but it was pretty neat to see for sure. Gave me hope the JT may see an Ev version at some point

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
we're not a pickup truck brand. Gladiator is a lifestyle pick-up

I sure hope they decide they are a "lifestyle pick-up truck brand" and not "we'll make a pickup truck in 5 year runs ever other decade brand".

Why are they not just being more outright with where they are going to take the Gladiator platform? What is the point of teasing models several years out and not saying a word about the future of the current line up?

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
They saw the hole Ferd has dug for themselves when doing electric pickup truck things and said …..Nope.
What are you saying? I wouldn't buy a Lightning. The towing range is apparently slightly above nothing. But sales of the Lightning have been brisk. Likely Ford could sell a lot more if they could build more.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
What does you manual say about B20 Biodiesel fuel? The first gen Ecodiesel in my Ram says it's sort of OK. Just need to shorten the oil change intervals. If they could make it fully compatible with renewable biodiesel fuel, no reliability issues, then your wish may have a chance.
Biodiesel is more expensive than petroleum diesel. And it still produces carbon. Really don't see any advantage there.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
For the love of everything holy, I wish they would stop releasing things about the 'hybrid Gladiator' or the '4XE Gladiator'. It's a waste of time, and quite frankly I'd rather see a V-8 option for the JT, although that's a waste of wishful thinking as well. But, at least it would be something realistic and worth the effort.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Why are they not just being more outright with where they are going to take the Gladiator platform? What is the point of teasing models several years out and not saying a word about the future of the current line up?
This is how corporate entities work. They won't show their cards in a competitive industry like this. I wouldn't expect them to either.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If my state outlawed gas engines - as they are threatening to do - I’d actually move out just to keep my gladiator. I’m dead serious when I say that.
honestly...if youre in a state looking to outlaw gas engines id be looking to move as it is. Be ahead of the crowd

FRAWLZLINE

First Name
MATTHEW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
DCJR SALES AND LEASING CONSULATANT
Am I the only one reading that differently than the article implies? It sounds to me like they are just saying they aren't looking to make a full-electric pickup version of the Recon. It's just saying "Hey, if we've got the Gladiator, why would we convert the Recon into another pickup?"

While I agree that maybe they won't release a 4xe version of the Gladiator, this quote is not saying that. The author is connecting dots on his own I think.
You are reading this correctly. It wouldn't make sense to turn the Recon into a truck since they have the Gladiator. It does make sense for them to do either the 4XE or an electric for the Gladiator. We can benefit greatly in this form factor to have either!

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Biodiesel is more expensive than petroleum diesel. And it still produces carbon. Really don't see any advantage there.
Not really true. In my area it is 20 to 40 cents cheaper than petroleum diesel. I just filled up yesterday and compared prices in my area with GasBuddy. Also, it's life cycle is near zero carbon because it is based primarily on renewable oils. Plant biomass is used to make it.

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If my state outlawed gas engines - as they are threatening to do - I’d actually move out just to keep my gladiator. I’m dead serious when I say that.
Outlawing gas engines is many decades away, if ever. States will grandfather old ICE vehicles in. What is possible is outlawing the sale of new ones. That is what California did. By 2035 I won't be able to buy an ICE Gladiator. But who knows if Jeep will even still be making them in 2035? If they do, they will EVs or hydrogen based.
Sponsored