First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
IF THE OWNER OF THAT RUBI IS IN THIS FORUM YOU NEED TO LET US KNOW RIGHT NOW!!
Tell us what and why are you shouting?
Sponsored

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon
Slow week and he needed a video to post up.
This was filmed before off road recovery games. There's a lack of body damage on their vehicle that happened at the games.

I think, rather wisely, they created a few extras to throw out there while the recovery games were going on.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Sometimes I think this is prestaged. Matt grabs a buddy's JT and drives it to a spot where it looks bad. Then starts to video the recovery.

I've been on tougher trails than that when I was still stock.

I did almost the same thing with the valve stem. Mine didn't lose any air. But a piece of the metal tip is missing. It's bad enough that I can't use a pressure gauge or air hose.
Just the tip?:LOL:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I supposed "gets stuck pretty good" depends on if you are the owner/driver or some person paid to rescue said vehicle (even if pay is in the form of monetizing a video for profit?)

I'd say it was stuck pretty bad if it was mine.
If I was someone paid to get it out (even if in the form of a video that makes me money), I'd say it was stuck pretty good.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Someone in the comments mentioned carrying spare valve stems you could install from the outside. I never heard of them. Anybody know anything about them?
https://colbyvalve.com/

Yep I carry a few of these in my tire kit (along with gluetreads, plugs, solid metal awls etc)

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Watching it now

biplaneguy

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder what that recovery cost the owner?

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
If that Gladiator had a winch, it would not have been stuck.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Those are the Hualapai mountains, every road is almost entirely an obstacle if you get in there deep enough. When I was even more of a novice, about 7 years ago, I hit a 38 mile stretch that took 14 hours to get out of once with 3 other rigs, mostly stock but somewhat capable. I had just purchased my Xterra, no lockers, just traction control and 31ā€™s. My buddy has a stock first gen Xterra, not even ABS and the other a Discover I - really the most capable. We all kept thinking, no way we make it back past that, letā€™s keep going it has to get betterā€¦ it didnā€™t.

With airing down a tad, a driver with some experience and a spotter could have got them out no issueā€¦. But if youā€™re new to wheeling, wandering for hours and hours, absorbing bumps with a wife and a toddler in the back and then get stuck I can see fatigue kicking in and just wanting out. No idea how they got out of there, I take it a buddy who could wheel was guiding him on what looks like a fun trial. No way I leave my keys in the truck and calling a tow truck, but I have some experience, no angry wife, a hungry toddler who has been bouncing around all day, etc.

Here are some shots from that trip that we all questioned why we liked exploring off road:

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon Gets Stuck Pretty Good -- "This Will Be The HARDEST Rescue Ever" (Matt's Off-Road Recovery) IMG_3751

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon Gets Stuck Pretty Good -- "This Will Be The HARDEST Rescue Ever" (Matt's Off-Road Recovery) IMG_3772

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon Gets Stuck Pretty Good -- "This Will Be The HARDEST Rescue Ever" (Matt's Off-Road Recovery) IMG_3764

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon Gets Stuck Pretty Good -- "This Will Be The HARDEST Rescue Ever" (Matt's Off-Road Recovery) IMG_0109
Sponsored

Last edited: