Sponsored

Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
I'm out of production and off to accessories. Hopefully shipping isn't too long and I'll be picking it up soon.

Advertisement

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Got my build sheet today! Dealer said it's in paint...well there's obviously some difference in timing here lol.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
They say paint, Jeep chat says trim

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Depends when they look at a status report of what they see. Most status reports are delayed compared to where they actually are in the process. It could already have been in inspection. Some people get a status from Jeep Chat that it is in the build process same day it is delivered to the dealer so don't put much stock in the status unless it gets stuck in a particular assembly status other than JB. That can take up to two weeks.

Sponsored

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
So... this is incredibly detailed. Did you have access to this along the way? I'd love to press my dealer for this kind of thing. Right now it's just "It shipped on 6/24 and will get here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ."
My salesman sent me the same detail report. Piece of mind, my guy has been VERY good at updates.

NAMJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW GT; 2020 Sport Gladiator
FINALLY!

Ordered: 4/30/2020
Build Sheet: 6/15/2020
Window Sticker and KZ status: 6/15/2020
Moved to Nitro Creek: 6/25/2020
Loaded onto truck at Nitro Creek: 7/15/2020
Arrived to dealer: 7/16/2020
Home: 7/17/2020

Thank you to all of you who helped get this out of Toledo.

IMG_2987.jpeg

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
One dealer I talked to said he would give me order updates about every two weeks. The other dealer said he would give me updates once a week till it got built and then daily updates as it made its way across the country. I believe they have access if they know where to look. I watched a dealer pull up the info and it wasn't immediately available in the first screen so he switched over to a different view and found a bunch of info. So I think folks look at whatever the first screen was and leave it at that.

Cgreene

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I placed my order on July 1, 2020, and given a VON. I was told my VIN on July 15 or 16, so does anyone have Any insight into likely production time?

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2020, Cherokee 1995, Cherokee 1993
My salesman sent me the same detail report. Piece of mind, my guy has been VERY good at updates.

My dealership has been pretty useless.
Their information has conflicted with Jeep chat.

My dealer said today that they are holding mine at the factory until the 21st and it could be delivered the end of this month or early next month.
Jeep chat said its shipped and could arrive any time between last week (the 14th) and the 28th.

Dont know which to believe, but man im hoping chat is right. Haha.
I really want to get it this month in case they stop the employee pricing next month.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

My dealer said today that they are holding mine at the factory until the 21st and it could be delivered the end of this month or early next month.
Jeep chat said its shipped and could arrive any time between last week (the 14th) and the 28th.

I really want to get it this month in case they stop the employee pricing next month.
So they are probably both right. There are several different shipped statuses and they all begin with KZ. Jeep Chat could very well just be seeing that it’s released to carrier but not shipped (KZ L) and assuming it’s shipped because they see an ETA. The dealer can see more info so they are probably seeing the actually shipped/hold status and giving you more accurate info.

Honestly, ignore the ETA for now it is a standard 2 week window that fluctuates a lot.

NAMJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW GT; 2020 Sport Gladiator
So they are probably both right. There are several different shipped statuses and they all begin with KZ. Jeep Chat could very well just be seeing that it’s released to carrier but not shipped (KZ L) and assuming it’s shipped because they see an ETA. The dealer can see more info so they are probably seeing the actually shipped/hold status and giving you more accurate info.

Honestly, ignore the ETA for now it is a standard 2 week window that fluctuates a lot.
My ETA window (a 2-week window) was extended every Monday for 5 weeks in a row, always showing my JT being delivered within the next two weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
One dealer I talked to said he would give me order updates about every two weeks. The other dealer said he would give me updates once a week till it got built and then daily updates as it made its way across the country. I believe they have access if they know where to look. I watched a dealer pull up the info and it wasn't immediately available in the first screen so he switched over to a different view and found a bunch of info. So I think folks look at whatever the first screen was and leave it at that.
Most US dealers have access to build status and a separate transit system showing transport times. They are different from what Jeep Chat has. Recently there were a number of JLs that both Jeep Chat and the dealers said had already been put on trains and en route. A Jeep executive checked and they were still sitting on the factory parking lot.

Even when they got on the trains they were very slow and when they were dropped at the terminal railyard they sat there for 7 to 10 days because of backlogs of people to unload the railcars and trucks to pick them up.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired

Once built don't bother with Jeep Chat. Your dealer should be able to tell you each day the last time it passed a reader and was logged into the transit logistics system. If your dealer gives you pushback tell them they must be pretty lazy or pretty dumb. I'm sure that will bring a smile to their face. The transit system info is usually only available to the sales manager and not sales associates.

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2020, Cherokee 1995, Cherokee 1993
Thanks for all the info guys!
If it wasn't for y'all, I would be at the mercy of my dealer. HAHA.

Ill make sure to post a pic when it arrives.

Advertisement

Advertisement