First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Just remember the larger an organization is, the longer the red tape. Building a Jeep, getting to a dealer, financing and you driving away is an involved process, all I can say. Throw COVID restrictions (proximity, occupancy, sanitation, etc), parts and labor shortages along other logistical nightmares at the moment, and we get frustration to the Amazon Prime generation and by that... everyone.

I wish there was answer for folks waiting months with no answers, but it seems to be a miracle it all works without current circumstance within the timeframe that it does and that it does at all given the current circumstance.
I was told growing up 90% of the people in this world don’t care about your problems......the other 10% are glad you have problems.

I understand there are a lot of moving parts, logistics and people that influence timelines in addition to a global pandemic. I don’t think it’s about comparing and contrasting to other companies Ie, Ford or Amazon. It’s more about finding an opportunity to learn and grow more than anything. I learned Jeep isn’t capable of hitting a 10 week expectation countless reps I spoke with set or communicating how to address the issue.

Advertisement

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I was told growing up 90% of the people in this world don’t care about your problems......the other 10% are glad you have problems.

I understand there are a lot of moving parts, logistics and people that influence timelines in addition to a global pandemic. I don’t think it’s about comparing and contrasting to other companies Ie, Ford or Amazon. It’s more about finding an opportunity to learn and grow more than anything. I learned Jeep isn’t capable of hitting a 10 week expectation countless reps I spoke with set or communicating how to address the issue.
Sorry you're having such a hard time with this. I hope you get your truck soon for what it is worth.

I might be in the same boat soon.

Kmeeks99

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Sorry you're having such a hard time with this. I hope you get your truck soon for what it is worth.

I might be in the same boat soon.
Thanks. Hopefully you won’t be in the same boat. However if you are hopefully you can enjoy the ride and find someone that tells you when you can see land.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. Hopefully you won’t be in the same boat. However if you are hopefully you can enjoy the ride and find someone that tells you when you can see land.
Today marks 8 days since I've ordered, 7 since the factory got it as I ordered at nearly 9pm EST. I have a VIN and am in D status. We'll see. 10-12 weeks is what the paperwork from the dealer said.

Jeep Chat said 6-8 weeks, but I'm planning on 10-12.

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Well looks like my JTRD ordered on 7/12 has gone BACKWARDS in the process. Before it was "all parts collected, waiting in line for assembly". Now it's back to "waiting on parts". No bueno.

Gwenfarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman, JT Granite Crystal OTW
Well looks like my JTRD ordered on 7/12 has gone BACKWARDS in the process. Before it was "all parts collected, waiting in line for assembly". Now it's back to "waiting on parts". No bueno.
That’s terrible. Sorry.

Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Literally happened to me last month as well... I ordered a JTRD on July 5, on July 21 I was given an expected build date of 8/8. Ever since then Jeep chat told me that all the parts have been collected and waiting on assembly. Then on 8/9 Jeep chat says that they are still scheduling parts... Finally on 8/20, Jeep chat tells me that all the parts are gathered and the Jeep is in line to be built. Also on 8/20 the dealer gave me a new build date of 9/13.

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Literally happened to me last month as well... I ordered a JTRD on July 5, on July 21 I was given an expected build date of 8/8. Ever since then Jeep chat told me that all the parts have been collected and waiting on assembly. Then on 8/9 Jeep chat says that they are still scheduling parts... Finally on 8/20, Jeep chat tells me that all the parts are gathered and the Jeep is in line to be built. Also on 8/20 the dealer gave me a new build date of 9/13.
Yea not good. Only silver lining is I *might* be able to modify my order. Decided on I'd rather have snazzleberry over the white now. Waiting on Grupton to see if it's possible. Don't want to delay this even more though.

SwankyTiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
8/11 order
8/13 VIN
8/27 Scheduling
8/31 Still Scheduling
9/3 Still Scheduling

Advertisement

Advertisement