Advertisement

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
My delivery window starts in 2 days and I still don't have a sticker or build sheet.
Delivery windows get pushed out all the time. I ordered on June 23rd and they still haven’t even started building my Sport yet, despite having a shipping date of 09/18 after I finally made it to D1 status (after 11 weeks in D status). My new ship date is 10/06 but I doubt they’ll make that either if it hasn’t even started the build process yet.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Delivery windows get pushed out all the time. I ordered on June 23rd and they still haven’t even started building my Sport yet, despite having a shipping date of 09/18 after I finally made it to D1 status (after 11 weeks in D status). My new ship date is 10/06 but I doubt they’ll make that either if it hasn’t even started the build process yet.
I confirmed with both jeep chat and salesman that jeep is in transit and will show uo between 11/1-11/10 I check crypto every day, still no build found. Not sure what this means.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Jeep is halting production of Gladiators due to shortage of chips. I have questioned them multiple times about why higher models get build preference. They said that's not true. My Sport was ordered 9/4. I still am in "searching for parts" status. Two examples of Rubis and Mojaves being built that ordered way after mine are attached. This is a daily find. Every day there are more higher models being built than lower models. If you dont think it happens, you're wrong.
Huh? The only plant shutdown was over a month ago, and that was for a week. No idea what you are talking about.

Yes it has been common knowledge that the more expensive Gladiators get built first. It's a simple thing, Jeep builds the stuff that gives them the highest profit margin first.

It sucks for us base Sport guys but that's the reality when we are the few that don't spend 50-65k on these trucks. Yes it is frustrating and they probably don't want people buying these anyway since the sole purpose of the Sport is to advertise the low starting price. Jeep wants people hooked on the loaded Sport S/Rubicon/Mojave so they can get that sweet markup.

A guy over at the JL forum waited 15 weeks for his base Sport JL in an oddball color (Hella Yella). ALthough on the flip side I am still seeing a handful of Rubis and Mojaves from early-mid July still being built so we aren't the only ones waiting. Also the 4xe JL is stupid expensive and some folks have been waiting since June for theirs.

Revjonesy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Huh? The only plant shutdown was over a month ago, and that was for a week. No idea what you are talking about.

Yes it has been common knowledge that the more expensive Gladiators get built first. It's a simple thing, Jeep builds the stuff that gives them the highest profit margin first.

It sucks for us base Sport guys but that's the reality when we are the few that don't spend 50-65k on these trucks. Yes it is frustrating and they probably don't want people buying these anyway since the sole purpose of the Sport is to advertise the low starting price. Jeep wants people hooked on the loaded Sport S/Rubicon/Mojave so they can get that sweet markup.

A guy over at the JL forum waited 15 weeks for his base Sport JL in an oddball color (Hella Yella). ALthough on the flip side I am still seeing a handful of Rubis and Mojaves from early-mid July still being built so we aren't the only ones waiting. Also the 4xe JL is stupid expensive and some folks have been waiting since June for theirs.
I'm not saying people with those models don't wait. But Jeep specifically states they are built as the orders are placed. But that is clearly untrue. As for the shutdown, there is a newly posted thread that states the plant is shutting down for chip shortage.

Sponsored

BaHH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2004 Z06
My dealer told me on 9/18 that my expected delivery was 10/7, but Jeep Chat just told me that it has yet to be built. All parts gathered, waiting for build date. So looks like I'm SOL for the time being. JC said it's averaged 7-9 weeks now from order to delivery. Hopefully I'll see it by the end of October.

Ordered 8/26.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Got another email last night, I'll go ahead and put my timeline up.

Sport S max Tow with popular equip package, cold weather group and Gorilla glass (That seems to have been left off)

Ordered 8/26
Jeep Chat stated 9/28 was built and pending shipping, Dealership confirmed
9/29 JeepWave sent email saying anticipated delivery to dealership 10/21.

<2months for a Sport S seems like an anomaly right now, but I'm being optimistic.

Question- If the gorilla glass did get left off, how annoyed should I be? It's only $175 upgrade, but if I want to do it later it seems it will cost me over $1,000. My dealerships been great so far, really easy, no down payment, and 7% off invoice, Should I hold their feed to the fire or let this one go?

Edit- Just got my Window Sticker from CryptoStickers, which has the corning glass listed, but the build sheet does not. Which one is right?

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
My delivery window starts in 2 days and I still don't have a sticker or build sheet.
Mine was the same way. My build pretty much the same day as my anticipated ship date.

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)

Sport S max Tow with popular equip package, cold weather group and Gorilla glass (That seems to have been left off)

Ordered 8/26

<2months for a Sport S seems like an anomaly right now, but I'm being optimistic.

Question- If the gorilla glass did get left off, how annoyed should I be? It's only $175 upgrade, but if I want to do it later it seems it will cost me over $1,000. My dealerships been great so far, really easy, no down payment, and 7% off invoice, Should I hold their feed to the fire or let this one go?

Edit- Just got my Window Sticker from CryptoStickers, which has the corning glass listed, but the build sheet does not. Which one is right?
Have you heard of an actual case of gorilla glass being left off? I have only heard of the floor mats.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Have you heard of an actual case of gorilla glass being left off? I have only heard of the floor mats.
Nope, I really just don't know what I was looking at on the build sheet and sticker. I added the Gorilla glass last minute at the recommendation of my salesman, and I got the build sheet first and didn't see it listed. It is on the sticker though, so I'm assuming the Window Sticker is the correct one.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Nope, I really just don't know what I was looking at on the build sheet and sticker. I added the Gorilla glass last minute at the recommendation of my salesman, and I got the build sheet first and didn't see it listed. It is on the sticker though, so I'm assuming the Window Sticker is the correct one.
Yeah, that's interesting. I would say its on there. Let us know when you find out for sure.

Dialtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

Ordered 8/26

>:-(

SpartanToJo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps
Occupation
Fry Cook
Unless your order date is 9/4/2020, you’ll not get much sympathy in this thread.

Advertisement

Advertisement