Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
They make a pink Tuscado wrangler but not a gladiator.

case solved, theory checks out

pack it up boys nothing left to research here.
Did you know that up until the late 40s/early 50s pink wasn’t considered just a girls color and blue wasn’t just for boys? Prior to that both colors were considered gender neutral by most people. In fact pink was occasionally called out as manly because it was derived from red, which is a “stronger” color, and therefore for men. Blue was dainty, and should be for girls.

Clothing and toy manufacturers and retailers created the gendered color rules we now follow so they could sell more clothes and toys by preventing parents from handing down stuff between their sons and daughters.

Marketing works!

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Marketing works!

Jeremy
Ever notice how commercials use women to pitch a product? (Pharmaceuticals) Mom was always right, eh? Eventually we get Girlymen. The Age of Barnum.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Now that I think about it... I don't think I've personally seen a single woman driving a Gladiator... (and by single I mean a number... not their marital status! 😂)

I saw one here at the fuel stop. Her name was Butch.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing works!

Jeremy
Ever notice how commercials use women to pitch a product? (Pharmaceuticals) Mom was always right, eh? Eventually we get Girlymen. The Age of Barnum.
I don’t know what you’re trying to say here.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Our VP and his wife bought a Hydro Blue JLU Willys recently. He actually got to drive it to work, we chatted a bit, and I suggested the Hollister Hills Jeep Adventure Academy for her.

I explained how much my wife enjoyed it, and he got her signed up 12/13. Just because "moms" drive them doesn't mean much if you're not putting blinders on your worldview, glad to hear your wife is enjoying her Jeeping!

The 4-door Wrangler REALLY opened the Jeep market to families. I've had some sort of Jeep for years, but my wife would never have entertained one of her own. Until the JKU. It is her favorite vehicle by far. Room for the whole family, the dog, and groceries (literally). AND it is a real 4x4. Not that she would ever really use it, but she COULD, and that is important to her.

She also loves my Gladiator, but hates to drive it. Too long, and the truck bed doesn't help her (per her: "I'm not putting groceries back there"). Great on trips, though. Heck, this is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned.

I think it is fantastic to have more and more different people in the "Jeep" community. Used to be a bunch of guys covered in mud and grease. Now I see as many women and families on the trail. I know several families where the husband and wife each have their OWN Jeep on the trail together, and each with kids in the back.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What I think is funny is that 9.5 out of every 10 Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans I see on the road are being driven by a woman. Usually these women will be attractive and will have one child only, but they really love their huge land barges. I guess the other 40 square feet of unused space is for that half gallon of coconut milk and bag of apples they need to pick up at Kroger.

AlkBaik

First Name
Aleck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Self employed
We were sitting in the drop off/pick up line at school when my youngest looked at me and said "Dad, I have a theory". Well, his theories can some times be doosies. Lol He proceeded to tell me that Gladiators are for boys and Wranglers are for girls. He listed all the points while I just nodded. When he was finished, I notice a Wrangler in line and guy was driving it. So I asked him about that one. Turns out , it is a classmate's dad. He said with a straight face, "Well that just proves my point. He is girly." LOL. Kids
Yep , there is a lot of moms driving a Jeep ! His right ! Smart kid
Sponsored