Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit

Shitdonkey

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Replaced the 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers with 37's. Still the 2" Mopar lift, but I'm going to add the 1.5" leveling kit and a track bar next week. Enjoy.

EB3A7A45-0C0E-49FB-9597-381AED1549AF.JPG
8BB6289A-35BC-4A68-AB55-FEABA2A65D29.JPG
1284EAE8-E219-4921-8F0C-67B3526088B9.JPG
How did the 1.5” leveling kit work out for you?
Sponsored

xs2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
No adjustment on the track bar, it is not adjustable. I did however order new front and rear adjustable track bars. Installing this weekend.
I ordered daystar adjustable TB separately with the mopar lift. seems like everyone here needs it, I want to get it done all at once.

xs2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I did adjustable on the front and it took a about 7/16 inch Adjustment (7/8 overall). Rear is stock and within 1/16 of an inch....I can’t see a real reason to do the rear at this point.
Thanks! so it was off by 7/8" of an inch and you did half (7/18") that adjustment on the TB? If stock is about 34.13", I should make the new tb longer by 0.4375" and go from there. This will be a good starting point and hopefully it's close enough so that I dont need any more adjustments.

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks! so it was off by 7/8" of an inch and you did half (7/18") that adjustment on the TB? If stock is about 34.13", I should make the new tb longer by 0.4375" and go from there. This will be a good starting point and hopefully it's close enough so that I dont need any more adjustments.
Everyone will be Slightly different due to variables....you can adjust it after it hits the ground To see how much it needs. I would start an 1/8 to a 1/4” longer than stock.

Sponsored

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
This thread is great! Lets keep it going! My 2" Mopar lift is getting installed on my Overland this Wednesday with my 37's and 20's arriving hopefully Saturday.

I do have a question.. I also ordered the Teraflex leveling kit and was planning on adding just the 1" spacer to level it and add additional room to fit the 37's on my Overland. Should I do this? I didn't order a front adjustable track bar and its too late to get it here before the install Wednesday. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
I get that now! But after following this thread for awhile and other threads. There is all this hype about the Mopar 2” with the teraflex or other spacers, but no real mention of horrible ride quality.
Another thing to keep in mind s that with the added height of the spacers, you are removing down travel from the shock since it was designed for 1.5” less lift than you have currently. If the bumper drops your front by an inch, your trucks suspension will have more down travel which will help it “sink” over uneven road or bumps vs hopping over it because the shock has more down travel. That will definitely help the ride. If I had to guess, you are maxing out your down travel....and yes, it can affect the feel even on smaller stuff. If it fully extends, or comes close, you are going to have a rough ride. By weighing it down with the bumper, you are getting closer to the shocks design specs. Couple this with added caster, and that’s likely your issue.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@CG32 that makes sense. For my Daystar came with shock relocation brackets. My truck drives good. It felt a little light “steering” initially but to be honest everything was different due to such a lift and bigger tires and new tires tend to float a little anyway.

I put about 350 miles on it this weekend and I’m really enjoying it.

Shitdonkey

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Another thing to keep in mind s that with the added height of the spacers, you are removing down travel from the shock since it was designed for 1.5” less lift than you have currently. If the bumper drops your front by an inch, your trucks suspension will have more down travel which will help it “sink” over uneven road or bumps vs hopping over it because the shock has more down travel. That will definitely help the ride. If I had to guess, you are maxing out your down travel....and yes, it can affect the feel even on smaller stuff. If it fully extends, or comes close, you are going to have a rough ride. By weighing it down with the bumper, you are getting closer to the shocks design specs. Couple this with added caster, and that’s likely your issue.
That is very helpful, thank you!

Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
Finally got my lift and wheels/tires done! 2" Mopar with 1" terraflex front spacer with 37x12.5 Ridge Grapplers and 20" Black Rhino Arsenals.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit Jeep 2
Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit Jeep 2

Looks great! Im going a very similar approach with my gator sport, Mopar lift, .75" spacer front/rear, JKS trackbar, 17 Abrams and 37" Toyo.

How are the 37s and 373s?

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Looks great! Im going a very similar approach with my gator sport, Mopar lift, .75" spacer front/rear, JKS trackbar, 17 Abrams and 37" Toyo.

How are the 37s and 373s?
Not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It is definitely a bit sluggish, but I was way more fearful based off the claims everyone stated. However, I will say, I'm in south Florida so everything is flat here. No hills or mountains here. So I'm very content with it. I may regear in the future. I guess it also depends on what my MPG looks like once I'm done with this tank. As of right now, computer says I'm averaging 20 MPG. I'll hand calculate though of course to get a more accurate figure.
Sponsored