Glass Shards Everywhere & Scratched Up Hardtop From Back Glass Replacement

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am currently going through a similar situation. Brought mine in on 11/16 for the leaking rear window (an an engine oil leak) and after a week, picked up my JT. The next night I was loading some stuff into the backseat and noticed touch up paint. Started looking further and noticed two areas with gouges, that they attempted to touch up with paint, and a plethora of nicks, chips, peeling paint, scuffs, and general dirt/dust/silicone scraps, and even some trash in my bed. Brought it back the next morning as I did not notice the damage until late at night and pointed it out to the service advisor and service manager. The dealership agreed that it was unacceptable and never should have been returned to me in this condition, and agreed that between the dealership and their auto glass company they contracted, they will pay to have it repaired. It has now been at a body shop since Monday, and is expected to be there until at least the end of next week. Right now the rear window is removed again, and the body shop is in the process of replacing some interior panels that were scratched, and re-painting the roof while they wait for the new rear window to arrive.

Personally I do not have a high level of confidence that it will be back to the factory condition, but I plan to do my own inspection after the dealership completes theirs, and hopefully everything is back to factory condition. I will post an update once I get my JT back.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg
Man you can’t make this stuff up! I don’t see how the glass company (and by extension your dealer) can ignore the damage that was done. Your dealer dropping the ball by not reviewing the work done and others experiences that I’m reading here are making me a little nervous about my pending repair!
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
IMO, your previously perfect top is not repairable to like new condition, which is what it should be.
I would demand the new top they promised you. The glass company can repair your old top to the best that it can be repaired, and the dealer can sell it to someone who bought a JT with a soft top.

OP
OP

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
FINAL UPDATE?

So I picked up my Jeep last Friday from the dealership after the glass company repaired the scratches & gouge in my hardtop.

Today I was finally able to snap some good pics of their repair job.

Going in I was incredibly skeptical & 99% sure that the repairs would look like crap.

Here's the pics of their repair job...

Jeep Gladiator Glass Shards Everywhere & Scratched Up Hardtop From Back Glass Replacement 1

Jeep Gladiator Glass Shards Everywhere & Scratched Up Hardtop From Back Glass Replacement 2

Jeep Gladiator Glass Shards Everywhere & Scratched Up Hardtop From Back Glass Replacement 3

You can still see a few slight indentations from the gouge, but you'd have to be looking really close to even notice (the gouge was at the top left hand area near the glass)...

Jeep Gladiator Glass Shards Everywhere & Scratched Up Hardtop From Back Glass Replacement 4

So yea... I was pleasantly surprised & pretty shocked how well they were able to cover up the scratches & fix the gouge. Is it perfect? No, but to me it's good enough.

My Service Advisor assured me that if I have any issues with the repair to let him know & they'll take care of it.

Figured I'd share the update. Now to wait for some rain to come. Hopefully there's no more leaks. :)

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! Too bad they didn't do it that way the first time around!

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
it does look pretty good, how long is the warranty on the work.

Bruce

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

pbrevo64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Manager
That looks much better! I still would be a little frustrated about the slight gouges showing through. Maybe I am being nit picky, but I made it clear when I brought mine in that it should be back to factory condition. Glad to see they got you taken care of quickly! Today marks two weeks that my dealership has had my JT to fix the damage on the hard top.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Glad they got it fixed up as close to new as possible. I take care of my rigs buy they do get character marks from time to time, lol.
Sponsored