Gobi gone too?

Playalistic

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Just tried to order a new build and they let me know Gobi is gone too. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: spoke with a couple dealers and they confirmed. Bummer! Gator and Gobi were my two favorite colors.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Just tried to order a new build and they let me know Gobi is gone too. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: spoke with a couple dealers and they confirmed. Bummer! Gator and Gobi were my two favorite colors.
please tell me this isn’t true?! Looks like I will be getting a Branco then. :crying:

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Been anxiously awaiting more info on the Bronco. The reveal is in about two weeks. Jeep better get some good news out front in the media very soon. Dropping two of the fastest selling colors (JMO) at virtually the same time isn't encouraging.

Been wanting to buy a JTR, but IMO there's not enough value for the price and I want more power for what it weighs (and for what will inevitably be added to it). Plus it will see about 4500 - 5000K towing.

If the Bronco offers the 2.7 I will be looking very very hard at it. Jeep will have to significantly lower the price or add the 5.7 to get me at this point. The Gladiator interests me for its' fun factor and tow ratings, not for its' pickup bed. I'd rather have a fun SUV; keep my gear dry and secure. Hitch up a utility or cargo trailer as needed (both of which I already have).

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Been anxiously awaiting more info on the Bronco. The reveal is in about two weeks. Jeep better get some good news out front in the media very soon. Dropping two of the fastest selling colors (JMO) at virtually the same time isn't encouraging.

Been wanting to buy a JTR, but IMO there's not enough value for the price and I want more power for what it weighs (and for what will inevitably be added to it). Plus it will see about 4500 - 5000K towing.

If the Bronco offers the 2.7 I will be looking very very hard at it. Jeep will have to significantly lower the price or add the 5.7 to get me at this point. The Gladiator interests me for its' fun factor and tow ratings, not for its' pickup bed. I'd rather have a fun SUV; keep my gear dry and secure. Hitch up a utility or cargo trailer as needed (both of which I already have).
Well I'm pretty sure if you don't buy one then FCA will still be fine. Try taking the doors off a Bronco, or folding the windshield, just sayin

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm pretty sure if you don't buy one then FCA will still be fine. Try taking the doors off a Bronco, or folding the windshield, just sayin
Of course they will, no need to get defensive :). It's just my take.
Bronco doors will come off, and reportedly store in the back. Lack of a folding windshield is no biggie to me.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator

these are good points. Ive always been a Jeep guy and known as a Jeep guy. I’ve owned a YJ, TJ, and JK. I’ve driven almost every Jeep (wrangler) in the book. Willys MB, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8 (scrambler), JL, and JT. I feel like FCA has done some nice upgrades to the JL and JT, but I feel like they screwed the pooch. Jeeps were always made to have fun with build your own and somewhat reliable. They were never meant to be high end luxury cars and with the prices of the JT and JL it’s getting harder to purchase one. I’ve always liked the SUV style of the Jeep but just can’t justify the price and tow rating of 3500 lbs. I get it’s a box on wheels but at least throw in a tow package or something to get it to 5k like the rest of the competition. That led me to the JT and I’ve always like the look of Jeep pickups like the scrambler that had the longer body. But come on FCA a price tag of over 40k on a mid size truck with a max tow package and 7 inch screen is ludicrous and don’t forget the way underpowered 3.6l minivan engine. I’m sure once the Branco is released the prices tags on jeeps are going to drop heavily when everyone starts jumping ship for a more reliable and lower priced vehicle. It pains me to say that because I’ve always been a Jeep guy and hated Fords. It’s just hard to give FCA my money when they are overrating and over pricing the Jeep heritage. Sorry, that’s my rant for the day.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Before I'd buy a Bronco I'd buy a EcoDiesel Jeep Wrangler JL or wait for them to make it available in the JT. With 442 ft lbs of torque I'm sure the towing capacity will increase in the JT with the longer wheel base, and that torque will be nice, plus let's see how well a Bronco holds it's value compared to a Jeep JL or JT

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Before I'd buy a Bronco I'd buy a EcoDiesel Jeep Wrangler JL or wait for them to make it available in the JT. With 442 ft lbs of torque I'm sure the towing capacity will increase in the JT with the longer wheel base, and that torque will be nice, plus let's see how well a Bronco holds it's value compared to a Jeep JL or JT
That’s a fair point. The only thing that gets me is the almost 50k price tag. I just hope FCA realizes that it’s over priced and hands out some nice rebates.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd love the torque of a diesel in the JT. But I'm done with modern diesels. I've quit ordering them in my work trucks. That's certainly not the fault of FCA or other manufactureres; just the way it is now.
I'd rather have the 2.7 Ecoboost than the diesel. I'd rather have the 5.7 over either one!

For the record, I own an FCA product (Durango) with the 3.6 and the 8 speed auto. I actually like the 3.6 and love the 8 speed. I just personally want more for 50K. I despise marginal, or lacking, power.

The Bronco may cost me more, who knows. But I like some oomph when needed when I press the skinny pedal.

Would still buy a JT under the right circumstances.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator and Gobi were my possibles. Hopefully some 2021 info comes out soon.

usc4duke

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My condolences to the guys who wanted to order a Gobi, but the selfish part of me is happy if this is true. I like having a unique color.
I will have one in NC in a month! Lol

TBuck

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to a Jeep dealer and the guy said it’s normal for them to phase out colors as the year comes to a close. It doesn’t mean they won’t start back up with the same colors for the 2021 model year.
Sponsored