Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Lockers, front and rear. Aux switches. Ecodiesel. Extra height of Rubicon. Improved shocks. LED light package. Front camera.
All of that can be done aftermarket. You’ll be taking enough of a hit in depreciation that you could take that amount and add those options to Ol’ Snazzberry.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
So I’m kinda of the same boat as you but I’m almost to a point that I’ll be pulling the trigger in about a month, I’ve owned it since may of last year.

I have a sport S with popular equipment package, and with the trade in and the tax credit I’m loosing about 1k, the rubi take off suspension and the rough country Everything else (tires, wheels and led headlights I’ll be keeping)

looking into possibly a rubicon diesel, this is the Build sheet I got from the dealer.

Jeep Gladiator Going to Buy Again In December 2021 1613271483061

not really new info but accurate as of mid week. Look into the expense and also see what dealer you’ll be looking into trading. Ask the questions and make sure you get it right next time, lucky the wife is on board about the trade but seems like I only get todo this once.

and like others said research the crap out of what you want. Good luck 🍀

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
So, I purchased the ding shield, vehicle protection plan, extra maintenance, total loss protection, and road hazard tire care. All in all it added about $75 to my payment.
I’m not sure I understand how selling it would get you out of the extras you bought. You already bought them so if you rolled them into your payment they are now part of what you owe on the Jeep. Selling it will just result in you likely being upside down on what you get verses what you owe. You still bought that extra stuff and you still have to pay for it one way or another. Not trying to be a downer here but you may want to think through this more before just trading in and going further on the hole.
One a happier note, your truck looks great. I would just build it how you want and keep it and enjoy it. Disregard mistakes made when you bought and stop feeling regret and enjoy a nice looking fun truck.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
A lot of those extra services can be canceled early. (I canceled mine from my Cherokee when we moved too far to use the dealership.) That included some protection plans, GAP, and a few oil changes. The just wrote us a check (minus a few $100 from a repair that claimed as deductible). Ended up being about a $1300 "refund".

That won't help your monthly payment, but if you are dead set on trading in you can take and make a large payment to help get out of being upside down before you trade.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure I understand how selling it would get you out of the extras you bought. You already bought them so if you rolled them into your payment they are now part of what you owe on the Jeep. Selling it will just result in you likely being upside down on what you get verses what you owe. You still bought that extra stuff and you still have to pay for it one way or another. Not trying to be a downer here but you may want to think through this more before just trading in and going further on the hole.
One a happier note, your truck looks great. I would just build it how you want and keep it and enjoy it. Disregard mistakes made when you bought and stop feeling regret and enjoy a nice looking fun truck.
Well, I said buy, but it is more like it's an extra add-on to the monthly payment. If I sell or trade in the truck, I don't owe the extra.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread guys! I’ll be honest as well here and say I too have thought about a trade. I bought mine striped to the bone basic and personalized from there. What I didn’t want to do was pay for a Rubicon and end up paying for items I was taking off. Everything I’ve added aftermarket can be easily taken off and transferred over. No matter what? I have a rugged, useful truck that fits my personality and use while being fun to drive.
I call it a Goldilocks decision, not too much, not too little, but just right. My wife says it worked for her in picking me! She just doesn’t want to train a new one. My JT has been a blank canvas I’ve enjoyed working with. Get what you want and settle into that decision comfortably. Just have fun, life’s too short.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Not sure what you mean by insurance and extra options.
Is that mostly money gone, like nitrogen in the tires and a $1000 wax job?
Or is it something that really is a monthly expense that could be negated by re-financing through somewhere like a local credit union?
all of these can be cancelled in writing and the balance is pro-rated and refunded back to you in a check.. take that as down payment to refinance locally! BTW do not cancel extended warranty, new model lots of issues.. I got a diesel and Ill let them pay to repair it

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to lie, I almost traded mine in on a Mojave just last month and it had everything I wanted, problem was... I’ve already added lift, tires, bumper, winch, side steps, etc and everytime I walked outside and looked at it... it was mine, I made it mine.

So... nail in the coffin... I put 4.56 in it last week and oh boy. I’d still like lsd but I’m glad I didn’t make the move.

Good luck with your search!
How much did the gear swap cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Keep what you have and build it.
You can do it man.
I would love to except for 2 major points. First, I don't know very much about trucks, or jeeps. I was never a gearhead. I love to know more, but I feel pretty dumb most of the time. Second, I am in shitty shape. With all the nerve damage I have, it wrecked me pretty hard to do my spacer lift and I had someone help me. I feel like to more difficult stuff might be out of my range and then I'm paying through the nose for labor.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

I used Dana Spicer and they ended up costing me $200 or so more than the other that the owner he was offering to install.

It was $2400.

I know some have paid less, but down here in Louisiana there aren't many people that do this and I had to go 2.5 hours south and drop it off for a few days "couldn't get back down there due to work".

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I usually get wandering eyes after a year. From what I recall, you bought Snazz about two months ago. So what is the real disappointment that you are looking after two months?
You have a great looking JT that most non-owners would drool over.

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I usually get wandering eyes after a year. From what I recall, you bought Snazz about two months ago. So what is the real disappointment that you are looking after two months?
You have a great looking JT that most non-owners would drool over.
I'm not disappointed in the Snazz, per se. But I see what I should have looked for originally. I would rather enjoy this for a year and then order one with all the options that I want BEFORE I have sunk several years worth of payments AND miles into. I feel like selling a 2021 in 2021 will give me the greatest selling power. And I also forgot that my wife REALLY wanted the advanced safety package, which I don't have.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Lockers, front and rear. Aux switches. Ecodiesel. Extra height of Rubicon. Improved shocks. LED light package. Front camera.
Lockers, not an 'easy' fix but certainly doable and many would say the ARB have advantages over the e-lockers on the Rubicon. One of which being it won't short out ;-). You can buy a complete front/rear locker with single pump for ~$2k. Add labor. Optional at same time is gears.

Ecodiesel, this one isn't gonna be upgradeable.

Aux switches, def can be added. Slight pain some report but possible for sure.

Rubicon is literally 1" higher. Just buy some take off Rubicon stuff when someone upgrades. This is exceedingly easy to find as Rubicon owners are well known to rip out a lot of the Rubicon stuff esp the wheels and suspension.

Oracle LED are superior to the much more expensive factory LED. $550 DIY.

Front camera, meh. if you really want it and you have the 8.4 you can add.

I can 99% promise you that you will take a bath on the Overland and pay $10k more for the Rubicon. Now if you do it, or tell yourself you will do it, for the diesel then fine, that is insurmountable. But the other stuff you can spend the same $10k extra the Rubi + your depreciation and trade in hit, or put $5k into your Overland.
Sponsored