Sponsored

Gorilla Glass

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
I'm going to wait and see if Mopar produces one like they do for the JKs. Will be easier to source and warrantied being in Canada.
Sponsored

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Just a note: check your deductible settings on your insurance. Most, if not all, insurance companies have 1 deductible for Collision (accidents, etc.), and another deductible for Comprehensive (theft, fire, vandalism, falling objects, glass breakage) -- this is where your windshield is covered. They can be set at different dollar amounts and can save you money if you choose deductible amounts wisely.

I have the deductibles set at different levels:
  • Collision is set at $1000. If someone hits me, I won't be paying the deductible anyways -- THEIR insurance company will. If I DO hit someone, I want it to hurt my pocketbook a little to remind me to be more careful. (Yes, there are always exceptions, but they are rare.)
  • Comprehensive is set at $100. Typically, these incidents are out of my control (like getting a broken windshield from a flying rock). Given my insurance history for the past decades, I'm FAR more likely to need a new windshield than to get into an accident. Paying $100 for a new windshield is not bad (esp for a Wrangler/JT with its near vertical rock-magnet windshield), and typically, insurance companies are not as quick to raise your rates for comprehensive claims (like windshields) as they are for collision claims.
As always, YMMV, etc. etc.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Unrelated to the windshield, I saw this vid and followed his advice to "contact us with any ideas!"
SO I sent a feeler about making a replacement back glass for the soft top in the 0.5mm Gorilla Glass he was demonstrating.
They promptly replied with this note:
" Thank you for contact Hyperformance Glass Products. You are spot on with your recommendation for upgrades to the soft top windows. In fact, this is something we are already working on and hope to offer this sometime in the near future. Your contact info will be kept on file and we will send a notice when this product becomes available. "

One more thing to hurry up and wait on... but it'll be worth it.
I am excited to discover that Hyperperformance Glass Products is located about 20 minutes from my house! I hope the come up with some great Jeep glass products!

Sponsored

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Has any objective source performed any testing on these new GG windshields showing that they are indeed more chip/crack resistant than OEM Gladiator windshields?

Not arguing against the GG windshields -- I'd probably spring for one just on the possibility that it is better if the price differential was small, but it would be interesting to know actual test results.

Last edited:

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
You guys have me feeling lucky. Had my JT exactly a year this month and no cracks.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I had my truck for a month and got a chip/crack. Florida insurance covers glass replacement 100%, so ZERO out of pocket, and they replaced it while I was at work.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
700 installed, was a fair price for me. I have killer insurance rates cause I usually pay for my own stuff instead of letting them use my money. It only cost me about 80 more and I get a 2 year warranty.

Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say that it's garbage as much as it's a nearly vertical plane and extremely susceptible. Still not sure it's worth the cost of Gorilla glass when my insurance includes glass coverage.
I added glass coverage to my policy after buying my JT. I can pay the cost of the protection for almost 8 years before paying what 1 broken windshield would cost out of pocket. Kind of a "no-brainer" IMO.

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Looks like the Gorilla glass is on backorder. Put my name on the list. No timeline voiced.
Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass 20201027_054143

Js9234

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately if you read the fine print. They won't cover a crack over 6 inches long.
I have this coverage. Fortunately haven't had any issues in the JT after almost 1 yr.
Sponsored