Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I would be concerned about the excursion of the woofers in how close they sit to the bottom of the seats. The angle of the box does not match the angle of the seat, so the woofers are closer to the seat towards the rear than they appear to be from the front. Also if you wanted to get the Xmax number for a subwoofer to determine how much the woofer will move, remember that this in not Xlim (maximum possible excursion). You'll want to keep a threshold of 20% min of the subwoofer's Xmax.
Finally someone that knows speakers! I've said to many of my friends that they can't just choose any sub box and speaker and think it will sound good. They have to take things like xmax or cu ft. into consideration when choosing a subwoofer/box combo.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I have this box for the 10's. Its a quality box. The 12" sub box does not provide enough air volume for 12's even tho they make it for 12's. I wish they would have come up with a way to produce more volume for properly accommodate 12 in subs.
Maybe someone could get a shallow mount 12" that would require less cu ft would work.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Happy to see somebody go with the behind the seats solution! Did you happen to measure how much space is back there with the trim out? is that a fiberglass box?

thanks

I just measured for a box behind the seat and you have about 7-8" from the back to the front on the bottom. 3.5" if you measure from the ridge (about 6" down from the window) to the back seat. and it's just about 48" across. I'm planning a box for two JL TW2 10" subs that require .35cu" of space and will make a mount for my amps in between the boxes. it gets real narrow at the top. I have some pics I took I can share if you need them.

I'm planning to trim the plastic and put it back in above the box.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
I just measured for a box behind the seat and you have about 7-8" from the back to the front on the bottom. 3.5" if you measure from the ridge (about 6" down from the window) to the back seat. and it's just about 48" across. I'm planning a box for two JL TW2 10" subs that require .35cu" of space and will make a mount for my amps in between the boxes. it gets real narrow at the top. I have some pics I took I can share if you need them.

I'm planning to trim the plastic and put it back in above the box.
If you work up a schematic, please share. I would love to copy it!

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
If you work up a schematic, please share. I would love to copy it!
CAD is worse than a foreign language to me but here's the pic... So the blue will be a wider channel for the airspace. I plan to separate the box in the middle with a 1" channel to be able to feed/hide wires behind the amp mount. the little red rectangles are my amps, I was trying to see how they'd fit in the space between the subs.

Using these subs: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13692188/JL-Audio-10TW1-2.html?tp=68872

running 1ohm 500watts total or 250 to each sub. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647KEY50/Kicker-47KEY500-1.html

The box gives me a bit more than the required airspace which should make up for bracing.

sub box.JPG

sub2.JPG

sub3.JPG

Coldblooded1992

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Mechanic
WOW that is expensive. I went a different route, an old box I had from my previous truck. not perfect but i am happy with the results.

Jeep Gladiator (GROUND SHAKER) SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE sub3.JPG
What box did this come out of I’m wanting to do 4 10s 2 behind seat 2 under seat!