Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
For me, the spreadsheet came out about $3k lower than the build tool my dealer used.

And there's no help for leases, only "buys".

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I've been trying since May 4th when I placed the order to get him to appraise my trade so I can plan before I get there. He seems unwilling to do so. That part has me a bit worried. I'm considering selling my trade to another dealer locally, many of which have already given me an appraisal.
The best I was quoted for my trade was $10,500 (after much negotiation) plus no where near invoice. I went to Edmunds to look at the value from a different perspective and Carmax popped up with an $11,400 offer. So I made an appointment that afternoon, drove over, they inspected it and cut me a check. I ubered home and then flew to Nashville in a couple of days.

PS. Selling it outright I MIGHT have gotten $12k, but it is not worth the hassle of a private sale.

Last edited:

ckage83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500
Occupation
Radiology
I’m in Nashville now to inspect and sign off on my Mojave. Unfortunately I don’t have enough hours in the week to drive it all the way back to NH.

Sponsored

Ry89JT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I’m in Nashville now to inspect and sign off on my Mojave. Unfortunately I don’t have enough hours in the week to drive it all the way back to NH.
It would be awesome if you could document the timeline/process for us. How long did it take to get through it all? Any surprises?

HANNAMAN74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray JTRD
It would be awesome if you could document the timeline/process for us. How long did it take to get through it all? Any surprises?
My wife and I flew up a couple of weeks back to pick ours up from Gupton. We were in and out in 45 minutes max. Best car buying experience I have ever had. No surprises at all.

rmneal

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'47 CJ2a
Put in my order with Daniel April 8. Got the VIN a few days later. Build Sheet arrived April 29, Window Sticker on April 30. Jeep Chat said it arrived at the dealer on May 10. I received an email on May 13 from Daniel that it was ready to be picked up. Finally got a flight booked for May 21.

Daniel sent me a credit app, I filled it out online & submitted back to him. He shot me an email back a few days later with what my interest rate would be for 72 months as well as a breakdown of all the numbers. I took a cashiers check, auto insurance, all Tread Lightly paperwork, and my drivers license with me. That was all they needed.

Flew up yesterday morning (May 21) from Dallas. Got into Nashville about 10:30 AM. Got to the dealership about 11:30. Spent 15 minutes in the Finance Dept. Extended warranty was offered, but I declined. Numbers were exactly what Daniel said they were going to be and I was on the road by 12:15 and back to Dallas at 1:00 this morning.

There is no way I could say enough good things about Daniel, Renee and his group. Incredibly nice and nothing but genuine smiles. Renee was nice enough to "talk me down" when I climbed in and realized there were more buttons and electronics on the dash than a Boeing 747. She assured me I would be able to start it myself and drive it home without a 12 hour flight course. First time I have ever bought a vehicle and truly enjoyed the experience.

20210521_121018.jpg

20210522_110346.jpg

rmneal

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'47 CJ2a
Nice looking truck rmneal. I'm tempted to do the same thing from Austin.
Easy trip up...long trip back! 750 miles, got in at 1 this morning. Drove great, 19.2 mpg on the way home. I do kinda hope the seats break in soon. Back & back side were ready to be home about Texarkana! Going to fab up a lift for the front bolts on the front seats as well as a dead pedal. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sponsored

Ry89JT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Put in my order with Daniel April 8. Got the VIN a few days later. Build Sheet arrived April 29, Window Sticker on April 30. Jeep Chat said it arrived at the dealer on May 10. I received an email on May 13 from Daniel that it was ready to be picked up. Finally got a flight booked for May 21.

Daniel sent me a credit app, I filled it out online & submitted back to him. He shot me an email back a few days later with what my interest rate would be for 72 months as well as a breakdown of all the numbers. I took a cashiers check, auto insurance, all Tread Lightly paperwork, and my drivers license with me. That was all they needed.

Flew up yesterday morning (May 21) from Dallas. Got into Nashville about 10:30 AM. Got to the dealership about 11:30. Spent 15 minutes in the Finance Dept. Extended warranty was offered, but I declined. Numbers were exactly what Daniel said they were going to be and I was on the road by 12:15 and back to Dallas at 1:00 this morning.

There is no way I could say enough good things about Daniel, Renee and his group. Incredibly nice and nothing but genuine smiles. Renee was nice enough to "talk me down" when I climbed in and realized there were more buttons and electronics on the dash than a Boeing 747. She assured me I would be able to start it myself and drive it home without a 12 hour flight course. First time I have ever bought a vehicle and truly enjoyed the experience.

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice 20210522_110346

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice 20210522_110346
If you don't mind me asking... what was your interest rate? I've done all the math and my best bet is dealer financing at 60 months as long as the rate is below 2.9%.

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Any one from Florida who bought from Daniel, did you have to submit for state registration at the DMV or does Daniel take care of this? Trying to get everything lined up before I leave this week and not sure how I'm going to get a plate on this thing during covid times. Any after purchase advice is appreciated.

SkYnet21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Just joined the forum when I started looking at buying a JT. So I’ll make my first post about the dealer responsible for making it happen. I have to say Daniel and Renee made this purchase the easiest car deal I have ever had.
I ordered April 19th had a vin 2 days later. Picked it up at the dealership on May 13th. No surprises 8% under invoice as promised. I look forward to using them again in the future.

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Any one from Florida who bought from Daniel, did you have to submit for state registration at the DMV or does Daniel take care of this? Trying to get everything lined up before I leave this week and not sure how I'm going to get a plate on this thing during covid times. Any after purchase advice is appreciated.
Jax here...

About two weeks after close you will get from Val:
FCA -- Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle
Invoice
Odometer Disclosure
Power of Attorney (not needed)
TN Bedford County Document (not needed)
Sales Tax paid check (deposit in your account, will be paid to FL Tax Collector by you)

To get your TT&L take the following to your local Tax Office (I took all documents from Gupton Motors)
Fill out Florida form 82040
Proof of insurance
Invoice
Odometer Disclosure
If you are transferring a plate, take that with you.

In Duval County you go to the Tax Office and they will collect your mobile number and put you in the que, with an approximate wait time texted to you. You can check on your wait time while in the que by texting "S" to the number.

My wait time was about 159 minutes. I ran a number of errands (had some sushi) and then showed back up with about 20 minutes until my approximate appointment time.

It took 10 to 15 minutes to to get my vehicle registered and pay about $3300 for Tax, Title, and Plate transfer.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more.

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Jax here...

About two weeks after close you will get from Val:
Invoice
Odometer Disclosure
Power of Attorney (not needed)
TN Bedford County Document (not needed)
Sales Tax paid check (deposit in your account, will be paid to FL Tax Collector by you)

To get your TT&L take the following to your local Tax Office (I took all documents from Gupton Motors)
Fill out Florida form 82040
Proof of insurance
Invoice
Odometer Disclosure
If you are transferring a plate, take that with you.

In Duval County you go to the Tax Office and they will collect your mobile number and put you in the que, with an approximate wait time texted to you. You can check on your wait time while in the que by texting "S" to the number.

My wait time was about 159 minutes. I ran a number of errands (had some sushi) and then showed back up with about 20 minutes until my approximate appointment time.

It took 10 to 15 minutes to to get my vehicle registered and pay about $3300 for Tax, Title, and Plate transfer.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more.
That is extremely helpful. I already have printed out form 82040. I'm actually sitting in the airport wating to depart right now. I already made an appointment for Tuesday at my local tax collector but with this info I now will cancel that until I get the info from the dealer.
Thanks again, this clears up a lot.
Sponsored