Sponsored

Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

Kevin2323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Picked my Diesel Overland up this morning from the fine folks at Gupton. Ordered 8/9, original estimated ship date was 9/16 which was then bumped to 9/27. Showed up on the lot last Wednesday or Thursday. Processed for pickup today.

Can't say enough good things about the process and Daniel/Renee's program. I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. The numbers were exactly as expected/communicated. Rate was actually lower than my local credit union on financing. I am a Happy Jeeper today! Now for the mods to begin.
Delivery Picture.jpg
Awesome congrats. My red willis diesel should be around the lot somewhere there lol
Sponsored

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Eco Diesel
Occupation
CPA
Awesome congrats. My red willis diesel should be around the lot somewhere there lol
There are a lot of Jeeps there. I asked Renee if they are able to get any inventory to sell on the lot, she said everything out there is already sold. Every now and then somebody decides not to go through with order so they have sold a few traditionally.
I was surprised that the dealership is actually on the smaller side (both real estate and personnel). They pump a lot of volume out with the resources they have. Renee did mention that is one of the reasons they can over the deal; low overhead allows them to get by without marking up the vehicles and basically relying on volume based incentives from the manufacturer.

Kevin2323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
There are a lot of Jeeps there. I asked Renee if they are able to get any inventory to sell on the lot, she said everything out there is already sold. Every now and then somebody decides not to go through with order so they have sold a few traditionally.
I was surprised that the dealership is actually on the smaller side (both real estate and personnel). They pump a lot of volume out with the resources they have. Renee did mention that is one of the reasons they can over the deal; low overhead allows them to get by without marking up the vehicles and basically relying on volume based incentives from the manufacturer.

yea im sure the lot is full. My truck was in a week or so ago but I am in no rush so I told Daniel to run through the people driving there then hit me up in a couple weeks and i'll be ready to ship it down to Miami.

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e
FWIW, I've emailed from two separate emails in the past week with intent to buy immediately and haven't heard anything. I'm sure they're pretty damn busy at the moment. If I don't hear anything this week, I'll just do the old fashioned punch the numbers in thing and try to speak with them.
I have gotten the olā€˜ ā€donā€™t call me, Iā€™ll call you from Reneeā€. Giving me flashbacks from collegeā€¦ hopefully will be worth it in the endā€¦ thought that then tooā€¦ hmmmm.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
How are Guptons trade appraisals? Iā€™m trading a 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition and the market is pretty solid for them. Do they appraise low because of the below invoice pricing? Carvana is at $39k but even $36-37k would get me close to $39k with tax credit.

Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
How are Guptons trade appraisals? Iā€™m trading a 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition and the market is pretty solid for them. Do they appraise low because of the below invoice pricing? Carvana is at $39k but even $36-37k would get me close to $39k with tax credit.
They kinda get you a little lower then kbb trade in range

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 Mini Cooper S
If anyone happens to see a Tuscadero JL up there over the next couple weeks grab a picture for me. Should be my wifeā€™s!

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
when i asked, it was pretty dang low on what they quoted me.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Probably worth bearing in mind, Gupton is not located in a very large market... If they were really good on trade in valuation in addition to their sales strategy, they'd be neck deep in trade ins without anyone to sell to. People aren't exactly known to fly across country for late model used cars, and the potential savings aren't enough to justify the trip even if they were if they're also paying top dollar for trade ins. I imagine they'll take your trade as a matter of course since it's part of the business, but I can't imagine it's really a core part of their strategy. Likely, it'll get shoved off to a wholesale auction.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Probably worth bearing in mind, Gupton is not located in a very large market... If they were really good on trade in valuation in addition to their sales strategy, they'd be neck deep in trade ins without anyone to sell to. People aren't exactly known to fly across country for late model used cars, and the potential savings aren't enough to justify the trip even if they were if they're also paying top dollar for trade ins. I imagine they'll take your trade as a matter of course since it's part of the business, but I can't imagine it's really a core part of their strategy. Likely, it'll get shoved off to a wholesale auction.
They are a volume factory order dealer. Working out trade in details takes up a lot of time on a deal which is most likely what they want to avoid. The less time and man-hours spent on individual sales/orders the better.

If they are all about the FCA volume bonuses then a bunch of trades just slows things down for them.

Sponsored

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Eco Diesel
Occupation
CPA
Taking into account trade in sales tax credit they got me a little higher than the offers/KBB I was getting from private parties. I was happy with it. This was on a 2016 JKU Sahara.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
They were pretty awesome on my 2020 gladiator trade inā€¦ I watched what happened they sold to another dealer who ended up selling itā€¦. And the wifeā€™s grand Cherokee we traded in on the wrangler was a fair deal Iā€™d say always helps trading for us locals for tax purposes, Iā€™d say Gupton is awesome to deal with, treated me like a vip after purchasing two new Jeepā€™s from them within 3 months apart, Daniel and Renee are great people, very busy but also personable

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
I picked up my Gladiator on Wednesday. It was Daniel and Renee's day off. I dealt with Walter for everything. He was awesome to work with! Everything went as it was supposed to, and it was a great experience.

I have also never seen so many new Jeeps on a lot, and as others have said, it's not a big place.

A lot of new Gecko Gladiators and Wranglers. At least 4 Gecko Mojaves. I'll post pics later when I have a chance.

Rein89

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I picked up my Gladiator on Wednesday. It was Daniel and Renee's day off. I dealt with Walter for everything. He was awesome to work with! Everything went as it was supposed to, and it was a great experience.

I have also never seen so many new Jeeps on a lot, and as others have said, it's not a big place.

A lot of new Gecko Gladiators and Wranglers. At least 4 Gecko Mojaves. I'll post pics later when I have a chance.
Any of the 4 have soft tops and black fenders?
Sponsored