First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Logistics
I checked Jeep Chat at lunch and it said that all the parts have been received and it should enter the build process shortly. Does anyone have any idea how long we're looking at to completion?

Once it's built I'm guessing it's another 3 weeks or so to actual pick-up depending on transit. Does that jive with what others have experienced?
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I checked Jeep Chat at lunch and it said that all the parts have been received and it should enter the build process shortly. Does anyone have any idea how long we're looking at to completion?

Once it's built I'm guessing it's another 3 weeks or so to actual pick-up depending on transit. Does that jive with what others have experienced?
Did they say it was 'sequenced for production'? I was in the stage you describe for between 3 and 4 weeks.

JJones95

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Logistics
Did they say it was 'sequenced for production'? I was in the stage you describe for between 3 and 4 weeks.
They did not say sequenced so I guess it’s just a pile of parts waiting to be scheduled. Thanks for the input.

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
It's really awesome that enough of us buy through Gupton and are nice enough people to spend a couple minutes to go find someone elses truck on the lot for them and grab a pic. Says alot about this forum in general.

Part of it is probably the overhwelming excitment of seeing and picking up your JT that you really want to share the love. It was for me at least.
It's crazy, because I'm so excited for the owner of that Gladiator. So cool someone took this pic for them!

CaptGreybush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Honda
I picked up my JTR from Gupton this past Thursday, January 13th. I cannot say enough how friendly, helpful, and professional Renee, Daniel, Maynor, and the rest of staff at Gupton were throughout the entire process.

Most of the employees went home sick on Thursday, leaving just Renee and one other employee to help every person that came in. They worked their tails off and had everything ready for us with little delay. Renee was incredibly friendly and apologetic for our wait, even though there wasn't much of one.

It was a great feeling to walk into a dealership, get treated with respect, not have to haggle over price, and leave with exactly what I wanted. I've never experienced a buying process like that before. I will recommend Gupton Motors to everyone I know looking for a Jeep!

My wife and I spent the rest of the weekend enjoying Nashville, which was a blast. We were able to hit the road Sunday morning before the big storm hit and made it back to Michigan safely. However, like @ShirtlessCubsFan my Gorilla Glass windshield cracked on the way home (only had about 300 miles on her at that point). It took me an hour to find a local dealership that even knew what Gorilla Glass was in order to start the warranty claim process. Oh well!

If you ordered from Gupton, your JT is in good hands!

Sponsored

DenverBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Sting-Gray JTRD (D1), 2002 Porsche Boxster S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Off-Road Adventure Engineer (part time)
Got this update from Daniel today...

'...believe it or not it has already gone into D1 status with an estimated ship date of 1/29. That is unbelievable! We could end up seeing this thing in less than 2 months on the ground!'
Woot woot

Last edited:

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Got this update from Daniel today...

'...believe it or not it has already gone into D1 status with an estimated ship date of 1/29. That is unbelievable! We could end up seeing this thing in less than 2 months on the ground!'
Woot woot
It's awesome how Daniel still has enthusiasm after processing hundreds of these orders. He may have a template of cut and paste replies, but not all of them.
Good dude all around, made it a painless process to buy a vehicle.
I picked mine up on the day of the AL/TN football game in 2020. He was decked in Orange, but was like "yeah we're going to get killed". He didn't seem like a car salesman, genuinely nice guy.
Whatever business model he has going I hope he continues it.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I picked up my JTR from Gupton this past Thursday, January 13th. I cannot say enough how friendly, helpful, and professional Renee, Daniel, Maynor, and the rest of staff at Gupton were throughout the entire process.

Most of the employees went home sick on Thursday, leaving just Renee and one other employee to help every person that came in. They worked their tails off and had everything ready for us with little delay. Renee was incredibly friendly and apologetic for our wait, even though there wasn't much of one.

It was a great feeling to walk into a dealership, get treated with respect, not have to haggle over price, and leave with exactly what I wanted. I've never experienced a buying process like that before. I will recommend Gupton Motors to everyone I know looking for a Jeep!

My wife and I spent the rest of the weekend enjoying Nashville, which was a blast. We were able to hit the road Sunday morning before the big storm hit and made it back to Michigan safely. However, like @ShirtlessCubsFan my Gorilla Glass windshield cracked on the way home (only had about 300 miles on her at that point). It took me an hour to find a local dealership that even knew what Gorilla Glass was in order to start the warranty claim process. Oh well!

If you ordered from Gupton, your JT is in good hands!
It took me 3 different dealerships and 2 weeks of headache to even get my claim started. This finally happened this past Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.

In addition to being completely ignored eventually by one dealership, I got told by all dealerships that I didn't purchase any additional warranties and therefore it wouldn't be covered. One tried directing me to their third party glass company and said "they have a way of verifying the warranty and will place the order through Mopar.". Another tried telling me that Gorilla Glass isn't factory and is an aftermarket part, and therefore wouldn't be covered. He was shocked when he saw "Jeep" in the lower corner. Only then did he acknowledge it's an OEM part, where I then showed him the official Mopar glass warranty, and he got my claim submitted.

This isn't a new option, and I understand it's probably not the most common issue service departments see, but I'm still surprised with the amount of ignorance when it comes to these windshields by service advisors. I mean ignorance in an "oblivious to their existence" context, and am not implying that these people are stupid idiots, because they're not.

RichDSport

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon, Mini
Didn’t realize GG came with a warranty. That’s cool. Too bad it cracked so fast. In most of my other cars if a chip forms you can seal it and avoid a crack. Maybe not so much with the upright windshield.

Sponsored

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Getting ready to submit my builds to Daniel to get a price. Pricing out a Sport S and a Rubicon. Then I'll crunch numbers and see where I end up.

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
It took me 3 different dealerships and 2 weeks of headache to even get my claim started. This finally happened this past Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.

In addition to being completely ignored eventually by one dealership, I got told by all dealerships that I didn't purchase any additional warranties and therefore it wouldn't be covered. One tried directing me to their third party glass company and said "they have a way of verifying the warranty and will place the order through Mopar.". Another tried telling me that Gorilla Glass isn't factory and is an aftermarket part, and therefore wouldn't be covered. He was shocked when he saw "Jeep" in the lower corner. Only then did he acknowledge it's an OEM part, where I then showed him the official Mopar glass warranty, and he got my claim submitted.

This isn't a new option, and I understand it's probably not the most common issue service departments see, but I'm still surprised with the amount of ignorance when it comes to these windshields by service advisors. I mean ignorance in an "oblivious to their existence" context, and am not implying that these people are stupid idiots, because they're not.
Picked up my JT from Gupton on the 12th, spent a week driving around TN & NC and on the way home, about 20 miles into Colorado big rock hits the top of the passenger side and cracks the gorilla glass. I remember your post when you picked yours up and did a search to see what I needed to do. UGh.

CaptGreybush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Honda

It's disappointing that our experiences seem to be universal. One of the service managers I spoke to thought the "gorilla thing" was some special insurance I purchased through the dealership.

My advice to anyone else trying to get their GG windshield replaced through it's 2 year limited warranty: call Jeep Wave (844-533-7928) and ask them which dealerships around your location can process your claim. The closest one to me is about an hour away, but at least they knew what I was talking about.

DenverBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Sting-Gray JTRD (D1), 2002 Porsche Boxster S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Off-Road Adventure Engineer (part time)
Getting ready to submit my builds to Daniel to get a price. Pricing out a Sport S and a Rubicon. Then I'll crunch numbers and see where I end up.
If you get your Sport S numbers from a local dealer and Rubicon numbers from Gupton you will very likely end up planning a trip to TN. Worked for me anyway 😆

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
If you get your Sport S numbers from a local dealer and Rubicon numbers from Gupton you will very likely end up planning a trip to TN. Worked for me anyway 😆
I plan on getting both numbers from Gupton. After that I will give my local dealer a chance but I doubt they come close.
Sponsored