Halogen Headlights are terrible

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
After getting the Oracles I realized how bad the lights in my other cars I thought were good were. While I can't say if at 75mph this would have prevented hitting the hog, I can say they would have given you a way higher chance. I drive most of my time on back roads and the distance these get is farther than anything I have tried. And thats with a clean, properly lined up non-blinding cutoff line. If I wanted to be like all the other assholes on the road I could see even farther. lol

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I should also mention, the Trucklite's caused no flicker or issues. Went from factory halogen to LED.

The bracket kit I bought came with the plug required as well.... TO ME, I would call this plug and play.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I prefer the plug and play options like Oracle. For the Amazon ones, do you just run a hot wire to the batter like an old school stereo setup or do you have to cut into the harness?
Go back and read my post abut hooking up the halos. It's very simple to do. No cutting or splicing or attachment to the battery.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

OP
OP

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
When I replaced my factory lights, I initially tried replacing the bulbs with LEDs. Didn't work. A) no high beam and, B) the Jeep 'grill looking like diffuser thingy' they put inside the assembly really negated any extra beaming of the light from the LED. Did the same in the fog lights, but that was a complete success!!!

Again, go back to my earlier post and check out those lights from Amazon. Cheaper at $185 than the $500-600 or more, Oracles and are a direct mount to the factory mounting points. Basically, no muss, no fuss.

The hot wire for the angel eyes is such a simple hook up. Get a dual fuse adapter and use the J52 fuse (it's a switched circuit) to power them. Easy peazy.

Again, here they are.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlights-G...words=9"+led+headlights&qid=1635963458&sr=8-5
Okay, I am about to pull the trigger on these. What LED bulbs do you recommend?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
What's so bad about a sensor that alerts to objects close by?
I didn't say it was bad, but I don't find value in it. It's an expense and also ads complexity to a vehicle. If I could add parts a la cart, I may have considered. Then again, I didn't want the upgraded head unit or leather seats, so maybe not....

Overland_Gator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gator Mojave, F-150 KR, Aston Martin V12 & DBX
Occupation
Pres Business Dev - Crown Wealth Strategies, Oro Real Estate, PUR Brands
I have been slowly shopping LED replacements for my Gladiator for several weeks now and I definitely have waited too long. I was running at 75 down 281 on Monday night and I hit a ~200 lb hog. The worst part is that I didn't even see it until maybe a second before impact. I know that it is a black animal on a desolate stretch of unlit highway, but I can't help but think that I could have avoided it if I had LED headlights. Now if I can just keep from another incident before the Black Friday sales start.

Let me know if anyone hears about a good special coming up. I planned on buying Oracle, but could be talked into others.

Just installed the Oracles and they are legit bright and look killer. Here’s a couple pics for reference. I can get you them at a pretty decent deal through my wholesale accounts. They look and fit perfectly and are insane bright.

5FB6300B-930F-43BB-98E6-DA93C4A96D99.jpeg

CCB1A9F8-251B-486D-99F2-68EE97995E90.jpeg

C7F271CE-6061-42C0-B7C0-D944224D7657.jpeg

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I ditched my LED bulbs, both cheap amazon ones and my expensive morimoto units. Got the Audexen 7” units. Best headlights Ive ever had, even beating my cherokee Trailhawk factory LEDS.

9EA3A907-AFD0-4A81-844D-4EC1D1C500F4.jpeg

F377456A-790A-4F85-8F1A-51D8F5AE3B6D.jpeg

E74111AA-6BC1-4637-A0AB-3B627D8689FB.jpeg

0209FFDC-FEF2-476D-9443-C4CC5C17C806.jpeg

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I did a ton of research before I did mine.. I did the Oracle Oculus, but the next runner up was the Kiwi Master 9" lights from amazon. The JL forum has lots of reviews. At 230 bucks they are probably a better value for the money spent compared to the oracle's. To do again now though the oracles with the turn signal for the halo would be what I would go with. Then you dont need indicators in the fenders.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Just installed the Oracles and they are legit bright and look killer. Here’s a couple pics for reference. I can get you them at a pretty decent deal through my wholesale accounts. They look and fit perfectly and are insane bright.
Did you change your headlights to LEDs in the computer? Otherwise the LEDs are receiving the same output as halogens, which is stronger than LEDs.

Overland_Gator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gator Mojave, F-150 KR, Aston Martin V12 & DBX
Occupation
Pres Business Dev - Crown Wealth Strategies, Oro Real Estate, PUR Brands
Did you change your headlights to LEDs in the computer? Otherwise the LEDs are receiving the same output as halogens, which is stronger than LEDs.
Haven't yet as it's still in the shop getting the rest of the goodies! I have the Tazer Mini to play with once I get it back again. Trying to get all things done asap.

Have you changed yours and if so, what device did you utilize?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Haven't yet as it's still in the shop getting the rest of the goodies! I have the Tazer Mini to play with once I get it back again. Trying to get all things done asap.

Have you changed yours and if so, what device did you utilize?
I have LED bulbs and used the Tazer mini to make the change.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Per Oracle, you don't have to make any changes to the computer when swapping factory halogens to the Oculus LED headlights. I didn't make any computer changes and my Oculus headlights work great; no flickering or any other issues.
Sponsored