Sponsored

Hamburger's Supercharger experience?

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Most companies will discount the install when you purchase the kit from them. For an example (Magnuson Kit) we do a discounted install of $750.00 when you purchase from us. If you bring in your own kit then the install is $1250.00 so long as it is a new unopened kit.
Wow, that's a deal and a half. I wish I wasn't on the wrong side of the country from you guys.
Sponsored

eeldreth

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the kit on my Gladiator. It’s very quick, compared to stock. I have a Rubicon with factory 4.10 gears and 37’s. It’ll eat the tires through first and second. Not why I installed it, but it’s stupid quick until 80mph. It hangs with my Raptor, which is tuned. I’ll post up a dyno and street vid soon.

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
Honestly I was a tough one to win over in the supercharger talk when we were discussing if we should install one or not. I've had a lot of tuning issues in the past with other jk supercharger kits. We are lucky since hamburger is right around the corner from our shop. They brought one over for us to drive around and get a feel for how it reacts. The tuning is very very impressive with this kit. The power band is very smooth and the auto transmission which was a issue on the jk shifts just like stock. After driving ours with the 38s it really woke up the jeep. I always felt the JT was under powered.

Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU, 2020 Gladiator, 2020 Gladiator
First post here, just wanted to reply to the OP who asked about the Hamburger supercharger. I picked up my JT this weekend from Route 66 in Kernersville, NC after having the Hamburger supercharger installed. Like most of you, I've been a gearhead as long as I can remember (I'm 58 now, been turning wrenches since I was 17).

Currently I have a JKU with a 6.4 with Dana 60's on 40's. I was going to go this way with the Gladiator but to be honest, I'm trying desperately to keep one vehicle as a daily driver and since I purchased another Gladiator to paint metalflake pink for my wife, the cost of doing another V8 was prohibitive for me.

I've had superchargers in the past on 3.6 Jeeps. While some (Ripp and Sprintex for instance) makes great power, I was generally turned off by the driveability of when it was done. We all want more power and at the end of the day, all the superchargers are about in the same ballpark power wise so it comes down (at least for me) DRIVEABILITY!!!
I am by no means discounting any other brand as I'm sure there are other brands available that are great also but when it came down to it, after all my research, I decided on the Hamburger.

I like the way it's installed, the oil cooler and it's quietness. The bit about relocating the alternator was not an issue for me because I have other off-road toys so the Gladiator will see minimal off-road duty. Having said that, the alternator isn't any lower than the rest of the engine so unless you're planning of fording a 3' river, it won't be a problem.

I can tell you this... the performance and streetability is PHENOMENAL. The idle is great, the power is great and the one thing that seems to elude some of the other manufacturers, the shifting is spot on.

While I'm sure everyone is a fan of the supercharger they just spent money on, I have had enough experience with different Jeeps (17 so far, 11 of them for me directly) and superchargers that I have learned what I do or don't like about certain brands.

Last but not least, the price installed was just under 6500. When I looked at several vendors, one of them was for ProCharger. Installed they wanted $10500.. to me that was crazy.

IMG_8338.JPG

IMG_8650.JPG

IMG_8651.JPG

IMG_8652.JPG

IMG_8653.JPG

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Outstanding!

Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the kit on my Gladiator. It’s very quick, compared to stock. I have a Rubicon with factory 4.10 gears and 37’s. It’ll eat the tires through first and second. Not why I installed it, but it’s stupid quick until 80mph. It hangs with my Raptor, which is tuned. I’ll post up a dyno and street vid soon.
While the kit is DEFINITELY faster than stock, I have no idea how you are roasting any tires.. I have 37's with 4.88's and can't smoke the tires. It'll peel out for 10-12 feet but then it takes off. I'd like to see a video of spinning the tires through first and second.

Mark

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
First post here, just wanted to reply to the OP who asked about the Hamburger supercharger. I picked up my JT this weekend from Route 66 in Kernersville, NC after having the Hamburger supercharger installed. Like most of you, I've been a gearhead as long as I can remember (I'm 58 now, been turning wrenches since I was 17).

Currently I have a JKU with a 6.4 with Dana 60's on 40's. I was going to go this way with the Gladiator but to be honest, I'm trying desperately to keep one vehicle as a daily driver and since I purchased another Gladiator to paint metalflake pink for my wife, the cost of doing another V8 was prohibitive for me.

I've had superchargers in the past on 3.6 Jeeps. While some (Ripp and Sprintex for instance) makes great power, I was generally turned off by the driveability of when it was done. We all want more power and at the end of the day, all the superchargers are about in the same ballpark power wise so it comes down (at least for me) DRIVEABILITY!!!
I am by no means discounting any other brand as I'm sure there are other brands available that are great also but when it came down to it, after all my research, I decided on the Hamburger.

I like the way it's installed, the oil cooler and it's quietness. The bit about relocating the alternator was not an issue for me because I have other off-road toys so the Gladiator will see minimal off-road duty. Having said that, the alternator isn't any lower than the rest of the engine so unless you're planning of fording a 3' river, it won't be a problem.

I can tell you this... the performance and streetability is PHENOMENAL. The idle is great, the power is great and the one thing that seems to elude some of the other manufacturers, the shifting is spot on.

While I'm sure everyone is a fan of the supercharger they just spent money on, I have had enough experience with different Jeeps (17 so far, 11 of them for me directly) and superchargers that I have learned what I do or don't like about certain brands.

Last but not least, the price installed was just under 6500. When I looked at several vendors, one of them was for ProCharger. Installed they wanted $10500.. to me that was crazy.....
Thanks for a well thought out review. Do you have any plans to dyno it?

Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for a well thought out review. Do you have any plans to dyno it?
At some point when a company is doing a dyno run at say Jeep Beach or something, I will for shits and giggles but honestly, it is what it is.

Mark

Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
We appreciate the feedback Mark! he word is out on how our kit performs and drives. We are waiting for FCA to open back up to finish the process of becoming "official Jeep supercharger"

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
We appreciate the feedback Mark! he word is out on how our kit performs and drives. We are waiting for FCA to open back up to finish the process of becoming "official Jeep supercharger"
Getting ready to order the stage 2 kit for my JT on your site but have a few questions. Can you PM me?

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland

Last but not least, the price installed was just under 6500. When I looked at several vendors, one of them was for ProCharger. Installed they wanted $10500.. to me that was crazy.

Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? IMG_8653.JPG

I gotta say, that's almost exactly what I want my Jeep to look like. I'll probably never have it painted blue like I want, but the rest is close. What would you do first if you were me, the supercharger or the axles/wheels/tires/lift?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
All of those modification really add significantly to the jeep experience. I would probably do the tires and lift first. My jeep had completely adequate power in stock form to turn my 35s on a 2.5 Mopar lift. If I think about it real hard, I think the thrill of riding up high on big rollers was a bit more exhilarating than being able to lay down rubber patches lol

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland
And if I'm putting 37s? I think you're right but I struggle with which one would bring the most enjoyment lol, I guess if I do the supercharger first then my donut tires will be gone quick.
Sponsored