Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I had a couple weird issues the first 2 months I had mine, and was considering dumping it
But it worked itself out and it's been a great vehicle.
Tows very well, and is awesome for camping with the way I have it outfitted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
What did you find was the most helpful for fixing the "all over the road"?
The most helpful, if I had to start from scratch again, would be the installation of geometry correction brackets and going well over factory specs on positive caster.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I liked it the first 14 months. Then the rear window started leaking. I want to drive it into a wall. On my 2nd attempt to seal it, will test again tomorrow. I have a 3rd and final method if that doesn't work.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I have only had my new to me JTR since saturday but I am enjoying it so far. My first vehicle was a 1994 YJ with a 4cyl, 4.56 gears, Trailmaster 4" lift, 33" tires and some wheels I choose to forget what they are because they were ugly but were on the jeep when my 16yr old self got it. So the JTR in a lot of ways reminds me on that Jeep. Mine doesn't have any extra features other than the hardtop and I don't miss any of the extras from past vehicles other than keyless entry on the door handles. Whoever owned it before me put 63k miles on it in just a few years so I hope that means it spent little time in the shop. I wish they had put the interior pieces back on that are removed to remove the top and doors but I am not sweating it too bad.

I look forward to doing a few mods and hitting some local trails that I have not driven in about 12 or more years now. The dog Chunky who's name I used as my forum name loves it also

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Happy with it, and my first.
Both then and now.
Having grown up in a family that could only afford $100 cars, and seeing latex caulking used to seal rear windows and windshields, and constant issues.............. then buying my own car at age 14, it would take a blown engine or transmission to really upset me. So the minor stuff has been taken in stride.
If it left me stranded somewhere, I may be unamused........... but the issues thus far with both trucks haven't been earth shattering. I've not been stranded, it's always started, and it's always gotten me back home. So far, with both trucks, issues have been resolved without too awful much fussing.
Growing up with cars - I've had blown transmissions, busted axles, door glass come loose, exhaust manifolds break (a 1 year only part in my 70 Chevy with 0 available), and more.
I've had a car where I had to charge the battery in the apartment parking lot every other night as I couldn't afford a new voltage regulator - working my way through college.

So far, no issues on either of my JTs approach things I've had go wrong in the past.

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Bought my fully stock 2020 JTR used July 2021 with 15,000 miles on the clock. It now has a bit over 34,000 on it and not a single problem. Nothing at all. Never a check engine light, never missed a trick on starting - I allow the automatic shut off/restart every day.

Drove it to Seattle from SoCal last summer and towed a 16 ft enclosed trailer weighing 4500lbs back to Atascadero, CA - not the slightest problem.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Happy with it, and my first.
Both then and now.
Having grown up in a family that could only afford $100 cars, and seeing latex caulking used to seal rear windows and windshields, and constant issues.............. then buying my own car at age 14, it would take a blown engine or transmission to really upset me. So the minor stuff has been taken in stride.
If it left me stranded somewhere, I may be unamused........... but the issues thus far with both trucks haven't been earth shattering. I've not been stranded, it's always started, and it's always gotten me back home. So far, with both trucks, issues have been resolved without too awful much fussing.
Growing up with cars - I've had blown transmissions, busted axles, door glass come loose, exhaust manifolds break (a 1 year only part in my 70 Chevy with 0 available), and more.
I've had a car where I had to charge the battery in the apartment parking lot every other night as I couldn't afford a new voltage regulator - working my way through college.

So far, no issues on either of my JTs approach things I've had go wrong in the past.
Our backgrounds are similar.
Cars back then weren't nearly as reliable and durable as they are now.
Water from condensation in the distributor cap or on the plug wires.
The awful bubble sunroof that was hacked into the roof of my 76 Scottsdale stepside and would run cold water down your neck when it warmed up enough to melt the ice and snow.
The awful 83 Chevette that had less horsepower than my current lawnmower does. I did like my 78 LUV truck and my 86 diesel Ranger.
What a rare thing that one was.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I'm kinda getting tired of it, transmission failing on me last year didn't help, it was replaced under warranty but it wrecked my confidence in it. Then not having select-trac during bad snow and ice was also a reminder of my config not being ideal and up to date. just too basic of a 4wd system that struggles when it should not have any issue. My former Grand Cherokee was easily able to drive where my gladiator struggled badly.

day to day drive is harsh and loud.

I like having the truck bed and the main reason I still have it. but I miss having a wrangler due to it's smaller size and having more interior room for my dog.

Dealers are a problem, just no customer priorities, no care about issues, no loaner vehicles etc, wait time for parts is terrible, and Jeep corporate is a disaster and even when they try they have very little influence on the dealers. Factory quality assembly is embarrassing.

don't get me started on the grand Wagoneer that I also have, one of the worst released products ever from Jeep, nothing but trouble with electrical issues and software updates. Major regrets on buying that vehicle.

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
13 months in, I’m pleased with my 2020 JTR I bought used with 15k miles. I’ve had no issues. With a bed cap and backseat dog hammock, it’s a great dog hauler. Never before had a convertible vehicle and I love that. Had never before done much mechanical work and I’ve enjoyed lifting, installing a winch, compressor, etc. and learning more about how cars work than I otherwise would. As anti-social as I am, I’ve enjoyed belonging to the Jeep club, waving at other Jeeps and the occasional parking lot, “Hey, tell me about your Jeep”, moments. It’s the most unique, capable and fun vehicle I’ll ever own. Yeah, I like it.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The more I modify it, the more I like it.

Sponsored

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just over 2 years and could not be happier. The JT has performed well with only 1 mechanical issue which was a bad seal on the water pump causing an oil leak. She has taken everything I can throw at her and never complains. Every trail scratch is a reminder of the fun it has been.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Only 2900 miles and 2.5 months but happier now. Compared to my original JK, this gives me all the feels and none of the headaches of the 3.8, 2 door wheel base on the highway, and I get a bed.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
63k miles in 2.5 years

It will be staying around for a long time. I plan on giving it to my son and getting another Jeep when he turns 16 in a couple years

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
First truck, first 4x4, first Jeep, first convertible, first vehicle I've modified, done my own work on, and cared enough to regularly wash by hand. First vehicle I've joined an online community over, first vehicle I made friends over.

Nearly 3 years and 38k miles later, happier then or now? I've been blissful the entire time. I still fantasize daily about the thousands I want to spend on it, and plan to keep it til it falls apart.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
It has been a trip after owning a 1989 COMMANCHE .
I could not wait for this vehicle to be built really wish they had better quality control at the plant.
Well after driveshaft, steering box, valve covers, calipers, drums, brakes ,rotors, door lock switch, radio, inner fender ,batteries were replaced under warranty wondered what was next .Now at 48,000 still in love and always look back after parking her. Still have leaking rear window, pillar leak ,a couple issues with paint on corner of the hood .
These will be addressed this spring.
I LOVE HER
Sponsored