OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Just placed an order for the Oracle Oculus headlights and fog lights as well. I got a 10% discount for the current sale, which is nice.

I just received an email advising me the Oculus headlights are out of stock and "On Back Order". Not cool, Oracle. Not cool.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Just placed an order for the Oracle Oculus headlights and fog lights as well. I got a 10% discount for the current sale, which is nice.

I just received an email advising me the Oculus headlights are out of stock and "On Back Order". Not cool, Oracle. Not cool.
We’re sorry for the brief wait; I’m showing that the last of these items in stock sold yesterday morning before your order was placed. They are both moving fast with many people online shopping for the holiday sale.

Both products will be back in stock in 3-5 business days when our latest batch finishes in QC. Your order will ship out then, and tracking information will come to your email. Thanks for your order, and I hope it will be worth the brief wait. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator

They are worth the wait... i have the black oculus and couldn't be happier... Good looking, easy install, good pattern, good color and easy to adjust..

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
https://www.jeepfederation.com/apollo-black-projector-led-headlights-for-wrangler-jl-gladiator-2018/

I took a chance on these when, I first got my Gladiator. They have been excellent and moisture free for almost a year now. They were plug and play and came with all the adpters to bolt right in. Took all of 20 minutes to install. Not usually a fan of off brand but so far so good. These lights are huge improvement, I prefer my truck at night over the wifes new explorer with LED package. You need aux lights for winter slush though. They freeze over.

Jeep Gladiator Headlight Upgrade for Sport S W/ Max Tow 0828201853a_HDR

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I was a little late on this thread.

I went with the Morimoto Super 7s and the Morimoto JL adapter. I wanted a more custom look and wanted to color match the bezels. They work amazing and have the sharpest cutoff line. Don't even need fog lights.

MVIMG_20200508_175937.jpg

IMG_20200508_183410.jpg

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The light from an incandescent lamp (including halogens) is white light.
The light from a white LED is white light.
White light is a broad-spectrum emission in the visible range; that is, it's made up of radiation whose wavelength spans the entire visible spectrum, and then some.
Color temperature is determined by peaks at certain wavelengths in the white light. A 2000ÂşK white light will have more energy at longer wavelengths, whereas a 6000ÂşK white light will have more energy at shorter wavelengths. And the difference in wavelengths of the peak radiation is something like 150nm (0.00015mm.) This difference is so small, that manufacturing tolerances of a reflector will negate any effect in the light pattern due to wavelength (or color temperature.)

The reflector in a headlight is a parabolic mirror. The shape and focus of a parabolic mirror are the determining factors of the light output pattern, as well as the configuration of the radiator (the light source.) The radiator can be fitted with dampers and reflectors to further control the output pattern.

The halogen bulb in the Gladiator has two radiators (filaments,) and a blacked-out tip (a damper) to prevent direct radiation out the front of the bulb. The radiators are in a specific location as determined by the bulb type, in this case, an H13 bulb. A properly designed light source, that is, one that has the radiators and dampers in the same position as determined by the H13 specification, will perform as intended in a reflector designed for an H13 bulb.

I used LED H13 replacements in my JT, and made certain to get lamps with the LEDs in the same position as the incandescent filaments in an H13 bulb, and the results are quite satisfactory.
You can't just simply stick any old LED into a lamp housing and expect good results, but a little research for a proper replacement will yield satisfactory performance.

/soapbox

Kevin

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are worth the wait... i have the black oculus and couldn't be happier... Good looking, easy install, good pattern, good color and easy to adjust..
Thanks. I don't mind waiting. What I mind are vendors who don't tell us something is out of stock and on back order until after we pay for it.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’re sorry for the brief wait; I’m showing that the last of these items in stock sold yesterday morning before your order was placed. They are both moving fast with many people online shopping for the holiday sale.

Both products will be back in stock in 3-5 business days when our latest batch finishes in QC. Your order will ship out then, and tracking information will come to your email. Thanks for your order, and I hope it will be worth the brief wait. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you for the update. And Happy Thanksgiving you to, sir!

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I could use some help with a headlight upgrade. I have a 2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow. I really like it, but sheesh, the headlights are like something stolen from a '42 Hudson. I was in a somewhat remote area after dark recently and I couldn't even tell the difference between the low-beams and high-beams.

I've been doing research, but the more I read, the more confused I become. Here are some guidelines as to what I'm looking for:

- Plug-in. I don't want to splice any wires

- Bolt-in. I don't want to do any cutting

- No halos. I just don't like them

- Light pattern is critical. I want something high quality with a really good pattern

- No flickering. I'm willing to pay more to avoid flickering headlights

- Brightness must be good, but not necessarily the highest numbers

I've seen reference to the Jeep factory LED headlights being very good. Is it possible to buy and install them on my JT? If so, what part number, where do I buy them and what's the price range?

The KC Gravity Pro headlights look really spiffy. I'm liking what I read and see, but the price is a bit painful. Is this what I have to spend for good-quality headlights that will plug-in and bolt-in? If that's the case, OK. I just don't want to spend $800 if I don't have to.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat, but unless I am mistaken, any LED you add you'll either have to pay the dealer to re-flash your vehicle or you'll need to buy a tazer or some other programmer
I hope I am wrong, but all the threads I've seen with replacing factory halogen with LED's, require some sort of re-flash

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm in the same boat, but unless I am mistaken, any LED you add you'll either have to pay the dealer to re-flash your vehicle or you'll need to buy a tazer or some other programmer
I hope I am wrong, but all the threads I've seen with replacing factory halogen with LED's, require some sort of re-flash
I didn't have to do anything with mine. Just plug and play. Those are the whole housing replacement though.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have to do anything with mine. Just plug and play. Those are the whole housing replacement though.
Thanks. Don't really want to splice into the harness, but good to know that no calibration required

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. Don't really want to splice into the harness, but good to know that no calibration required
I didn't splice anything, wasn't super worried about the DRL and turn signal in the headlights. I just wanted something brighter so I could see more than 5ft in front of me on backroads.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't splice anything, wasn't super worried about the DRL and turn signal in the headlights. I just wanted something brighter so I could see more than 5ft in front of me on backroads.
I watched the video of them splicing wires Guess I'm not sure how this would work with the max tow since that package includes DRL's. Are you saying I don't need to splice the wires like they are showing in the install video on their website?
Thanks

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I watched the video of them splicing wires Guess I'm not sure how this would work with the max tow since that package includes DRL's. Are you saying I don't need to splice the wires like they are showing in the install video on their website?
Thanks
There are basically optional turn signals/DRLs in the Drifter series headlights. I didn't feel like they were worth the work of splicing, so I just plugged in the wiring for the headlights themselves. Maybe I'll wire them up at some point, but not planning on it.

If you are just looking for the headlight LO/HIGH beam function it is just plugging them in with an adapter cable and no splicing.
Sponsored