OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I'm in the same boat, but unless I am mistaken, any LED you add you'll either have to pay the dealer to re-flash your vehicle or you'll need to buy a tazer or some other programmer
I hope I am wrong, but all the threads I've seen with replacing factory halogen with LED's, require some sort of re-flash
I did a lot of research on this. As I currently understand it, the Oracle Oculus headlights do not require any kind of re-flashing or anything. If you want the halos to work, you must run the included wire to the fuse box. The included wire has a built-in fuse. You remove one of the factory fuses and insert the Oracle fuse with the wire. That's it. And if you don't want the halos, you don't even have to do that.

Now I also ordered LED fog lights. I might to do a re-flash for those. Not sure yet.
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
The factory headlight kit is available direct from Mopar, from any dealer, or from a multitude of resellers.
https://store.mopar.com/accessories...ies-headlamps/led_head_lights_82215136AE.html

I have the factory LED lights. If I did not, I would probably get the KC lights.
https://www.kchilites.com/gravity-led-pro-jeep-jl-jt-7-headlight-pair-pack-system-dot-compliant.html
The install instruction for the factory headlight on the first link is more involved than just swapping out headlights. Like @Mr._Bill, if I did not have the OEM LED headlights, I would go the aftermarket route after looking at those install instruction.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Not sure if anyone mentioned them, but I ended up going with Highbeam Offroad Drifter series headlights. Cutoff is good, haven't had anyone flash me with their highbeams, but these have got to be some of the brightest headlights I've seen. 4k/10k lumens for L/H beam.

https://www.highbeamoffroad.net/products/drifter-series-headlights?variant=21112510021714
Wow, that’s a great price compared to some of the other options. Got any pics shining low and high against a wall or something??

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Wow, that’s a great price compared to some of the other options. Got any pics shining low and high against a wall or something??
Nothing against a wall, but these are my highbeams on a back road headed into work this morning.

Screenshot_20201128-173204_Gallery.jpg

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Nothing against a wall, but these are my highbeams on a back road headed into work this morning.

Jeep Gladiator Headlight Upgrade for Sport S W/ Max Tow Screenshot_20201128-173204_Gallery
Ok I may have to bite on these, I really like that price and I think I’m finally sick of the halogens

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Why are the replacements 7” when the originals are 9”? Not really interested in big runner gaskets or spacers to take up the space. Who makes excellent LED replacements that are way install and fit the factory openings well?

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Why are the replacements 7” when the originals are 9”? Not really interested in big runner gaskets or spacers to take up the space. Who makes excellent LED replacements that are way install and fit the factory openings well?
They are 7" because that's what they already had made before the JL was released and it was quicker to market to make a bracket than completely redesign a headlight. They will be coming out with a 9 inch version at some point, but with delays due to covid who knows when that will be.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost all the replacement LED headlights I saw online were 7". Yeah, the spacers look OK, but I want 9" lights and one of the reasons I ordered the Oracle Oculus is because they are 9" like the factory lights. I don't have them yet, so I can't review them. So, you might want to take a look at the Oracle Oculus. They are on sale for 10% off.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I did a lot of research on this. As I currently understand it, the Oracle Oculus headlights do not require any kind of re-flashing or anything. If you want the halos to work, you must run the included wire to the fuse box. The included wire has a built-in fuse. You remove one of the factory fuses and insert the Oracle fuse with the wire. That's it. And if you don't want the halos, you don't even have to do that.

Now I also ordered LED fog lights. I might to do a re-flash for those. Not sure yet.
Curious do you plan on doing anything with your marker lights/ turn signals? I am really close to pulling the trigger on the same setup you just ordered. But I actually disabled the DRLs on my truck because the halogens in the markers looked so bad. Has me thinking if I take advantage of the sales and also go with the rugged ridge fender chop kit or something similar.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I did not have to do any programming for the headlights but changing to led markers and turns, I had to.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious do you plan on doing anything with your marker lights/ turn signals? I am really close to pulling the trigger on the same setup you just ordered. But I actually disabled the DRLs on my truck because the halogens in the markers looked so bad. Has me thinking if I take advantage of the sales and also go with the rugged ridge fender chop kit or something similar.
I haven't yet determined if any of my marker lights are already LEDs. I expect not, but getting the Max Tow had some kind of changes to the lights. I will likely get an LED marker light kit at some point.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I'm in the same boat with the DRL. I tried a brighter white halogen bulbs but it didn't help. Was thinking about switching to an amber bulb.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Almost all the replacement LED headlights I saw online were 7". Yeah, the spacers look OK, but I want 9" lights and one of the reasons I ordered the Oracle Oculus is because they are 9" like the factory lights. I don't have them yet, so I can't review them. So, you might want to take a look at the Oracle Oculus. They are on sale for 10% off.
I went with the Oracles, absolutely no regrets. They are so much better than the stock halogens, it's no comparison. They have a nice sharp cut off also. Be sure that you aim them like the instructions say. It's very easy. I've not once had one person flash me for unwanted high beams with low beams on. There is no programing required and if you don't want the halos just don't witre them in. They are plug and play to your factory harness.

Fog lights can be swapped with no programing either. I went with Mishimoto LED's there.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I'm in the same boat with the DRL. I tried a brighter white halogen bulbs but it didn't help. Was thinking about switching to an amber bulb.
I am thinking of swapping LED bulbs in there to see if they make it look less terrible. Just couldn't justify the cause of replacing the assembly there.
Sponsored