Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I’m usually one to post but not start too many threads but this is getting super frustrating.

I feel like it’s been going on since I got my JT last June but it’s at random also due to my line of work, my JT isn’t my daily driver (more like every other weekend ) so I’m sure that plays a part in me not being able to narrow down a rhyme or reason.

But more times than not when I start up the Ignition, my drivers side heated seats and steering wheel come on automatic. Other times it doesn’t. There’s no rhyme or reason. For example today I started up, they didn’t come on. Go to the store briefly come out start it up they come on. Stop and Get gas turning off the ignition doing so. Start back up and it didn’t come on.

side note: I do have a taser mini but to my understanding having it just saves your last setting prior to turning off ignition. Thing is 99% of the time my seats and steering wheel is off prior to shutting down. So if that’s the case it should be off when I turn on. I did recently do a taser update but again I think it was doing it even before that. Just feel like it’s more now. I could be wrong on that. I don’t necessarily want to place the blame on the taser but I can’t think of any reason why other than that but even then it’s random so doesn’t make sense. I want to be able turn it on the seats and steering wheel when I want it on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
There is a setting for that in UConnect and it triggers at 40F outside. Maybe the temp sensor is faulty?

Jeep Gladiator Heated Seats and Steering Wheel Acting Wacky 1647192980558

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
There is a setting for that in UConnect and it triggers at 40F outside.

Jeep Gladiator Heated Seats and Steering Wheel Acting Wacky 1647192980558
Didn’t know that but I don’t believe that’s the issue. That specifically says for remote start. And honestly I wouldn’t even mind it in that case cause odds are if I’m remote starting it’s cold outside. Etc.

And regardless doesn’t explain why when today I started it up for the first time in a cold garage it didn’t come on. Go to the store park in the sun (although not hot outside, was definitely warmer than in my garage on initial start) but it came on then.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Didn’t know that but I don’t believe that’s the issue. That specifically says for remote start. And honestly I wouldn’t even mind it in that case cause odds are if I’m remote starting it’s cold outside. Etc.

And regardless doesn’t explain why when today I started it up for the first time in a cold garage it didn’t come on. Go to the store park in the sun (although not hot outside, was definitely warmer than in my garage on initial start) but it came on then.
Could still be something related to a bad sensor in that part of the system. Sounds like a dealer trip. Make sure all of your fuses are seated properly.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired

Might be faulty sensor, but I’ve found that feature about as reliable as a weather forecast. My experience has been similar to yours. My guess is the sensor isn’t active until the ignition is turned on, it needs a little time to assess the situation and decide just how cold it is. Or, is at first just looking at an old reading when it was last shut off. Either way it’s not a great system. Personally, I’d like to disable the temperature thing and just be able to set it to come on or not. Sometimes tech trying to be “smart” is just dumb.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer

I didn't bother looking in the manual, but the setting applies even when you start it up with the button. If you have it enabled, when it is under 40 the heaters will come on. My experience is with a 2021, but I don't think that behavior has changed.

You may have a faulty sensor though if it is acting erratically...

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
My behavior is similar to others who have commented. I park in the garage and on cold mornings the heated seats and steering wheels don’t come on immediately. After driving a short distance and stopping for an errand they will automatically come on. For me, the magic degree seems to be 37.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
My behavior is similar to others who have commented. I park in the garage and on cold mornings the heated seats and steering wheels don’t come on immediately. After driving a short distance and stopping for an errand they will automatically come on. For me, the magic degree seems to be 37.
ok long as it isn’t me. I was starting to loose my mind. It’s more annoying than anything.
Not really paying attention to the temperature outside. But again I feel like it comes on automatically more times than I’d actually want or need it to…… and then the times you’d think it would/should come on being cold, it doesnt.

irish_love

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

That does show for remote starts, but in uConnect there is an option under (settings>seats & comfort>auto on Dr Heat Seat & Steering Wheel) that has options for: off, remote start, all start. I'm guessing yours is on all start. I have an unheated garage in Montana and have had some cold days keep enough heat to not engage the heated seats on a remote start.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Ok at this point I’m still confused. Cause 1, I don’t ever really use remote start as I said. It does it on normal starts secondly I never changed anything in Uconnect.

update: checked Uconnect settings it was set to all starts. (Which I never set nor changed) but regardless it never did it on all starts. It was very random. I’ve turned it to off so Hopefully this works nonetheless.

Thanks in any case

Jeep Gladiator Heated Seats and Steering Wheel Acting Wacky 0DADCFD3-597B-40E2-8701-B0ADA4F70421

Last edited:

Sponsored

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
Ok at this point I’m still confused. Cause 1, I don’t ever really use remote start as I said. It does it on normal starts secondly I never changed anything in Uconnect.

update: checked Uconnect settings it was set to all starts. (Which I never set nor changed) but regardless it never did it on all starts. It was very random. I’ve turned it to off so Hopefully this works nonetheless.

Thanks in any case

Jeep Gladiator Heated Seats and Steering Wheel Acting Wacky 0DADCFD3-597B-40E2-8701-B0ADA4F70421
This is actually one of the things that my dealer went over when I picked up my truck. The "All-Starts" setting is the default setting and will only apply if the temperature is 39 deg or lower, If the temperature is above 39 deg the seats and wheel will not turn on. We have had some crazy temperature swings in last 2 weeks since I brought my Gladiator home and mine has worked according to the way it was explained.

If you are parking in a garage and the outside temperature is below 40 but maybe it is above 40 inside the garage due to radiant heat from the house. I know my unheated garage is usually above 40 degrees unless it is below 15 - 20 degrees outside.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
My guess is it’s all starts when it’s cold. but the main problem is it remembers the temp.

so hot sunny out 55, computer last saw it in the am at 32 and turns things on.

you get home it’s 55!
Next morning it’s 25 but computer thinks it’s 55.
Turn the dumb thing off and hit the buttons the old fashioned way.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yes, the option"all starts" is only if under 40F.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
My guess is it’s all starts when it’s cold. but the main problem is it remembers the temp.

so hot sunny out 55, computer last saw it in the am at 32 and turns things on.

you get home it’s 55!
Next morning it’s 25 but computer thinks it’s 55.
Turn the dumb thing off and hit the buttons the old fashioned way.
This has not been my experience at all. I will use today as a perfect example to disprove your "guess".

At 7:30 am this morning it was 29 degrees here in beautiful SEPA. I started my car to take my kids to school and the steering wheel and seat heaters activated as they should. A half hour ago I went to get lunch. It is now near 60 degrees and the wheel and seat heaters did not come on.

To the original poster, if you still have it activated I would pay attention for a few days based on the outside temperatures. If it is not working based on the temperature above or below 39 degrees then you may have an issue with the temperature sensor as others have stated previously.
Sponsored