OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
No, what I saw was someone for no reason, all of the sudden, assert themselves as some kind of expert we all should bow down to. "A dumb bully", oh no, not that. My 16 year old daughter has less ad hominem attacks.
Ad hominem? You called yourself a troll, extrapolating the why is the exact opposite of ad hominem, which would be attacking you instead of the discussion we're having. The discussion is about you being a troll, so thus, no ad hominem attack.

I've gone out of my way to assert I'm not an off-roading expert and that there are many, many here whom have actual skill. The only thing I've asserted myself as an expert as is observing the people who overspend for SUVs and trucks. Man, yes, I am an expert in that, totally. Dare you to challenge me on that point. Few people in the world know more about that than me.

If you work in the auto shops around these places, if you work at the camps in these places, if you live up there, if you are the local, yes, you know certain things about the people who spend $60k on a Rubicon. I would also ascribe that to myself. I don't have any intention on rock crawling 30 times a year yet I still want a Rubi. The only thing that would make me better, is I know it going into the game and I was smart enough to wait until I was 40 to actually do it rather an have car payments equal to my housing payments while trying to raise a family.
Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Dude, do you really want have a point by point discussion? Most of what you said was complete nonsense and obviously so in the context in which it was presented in the thread and I can demonstrate that, but are you going to read what I write, listen, take it in and really consider my points? What's your goal here, really?

I don't have much interest, honestly. I do have interest in admitting to faults though and I will say you were spot on with this:
  • I'm not even sure I want a new vehicle, but I want you to convince me which one to buy anyway.
  • I recognize I should stop talking about this, but need to get in another jab at everyone else.
If you feel like you'd like to double down on any of the others and have a discussion about it specifically, perhaps that could be a starting point of a discussion that could actually get somewhere.

If you'd like to discuss those 2 bullets and whether or not I'm an asshole because of them, sure, let's go. For the first bullet, man, I got some fucking hardcore cash coming in, but that doesn't mean I have to spend this kind of cash on a car, am I really going to be this much happier? 30k happier over a used 2010 4-door? I didn't think this aspect of my decision making process was worth adding to the discussion. New vs. used fun is a personal decision I know how to make.

As for the second bullet. I'm gonna double down on it. The Ranger is a completely practical, reliable and serviceable truck. You can hate it, there certainly are reasons to, but those facts, are still facts. So as I end it, which, I mean, it's beyond obvious this should have been ended decades ago, I'm going to get in parting jab at the people who are being completely unreasonable.
Your going to end this? Have some gardening you just need to tend to?

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621347913435

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your going to end this? Have some gardening you just need to tend to?

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621347913435
Yes, yes I do. Apple trees need pruning, the strawberries in the clay planter really just need to be tossed out (really f those things, they suck) and I gotta replace some of the drip lines that aren't really flowing like they should. It never ends.
Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621348368297

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, yes I do. Apple trees need pruning, the strawberries in the clay planter really just need to be tossed out (really f those things, they suck) and I gotta replace some of the drip lines that aren't really flowing like they should. It never ends.
Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621348368297
Now see, the Ranger will suit you perfectly. You could name it Petunia.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now see, the Ranger will suit you perfectly. You could name it Petunia.
Man, I'd totally play into that, but not with the Ranger, with this.

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621349858879

I move many yards of dirt around per year, I climb trees and dig holes and pull trees out of the ground, I ain't got no insecurities about the "manliness" of gardening and farming.

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, I'd totally play into that, but not with the Ranger, with this.

1621349858879.png

I move many yards of dirt around per year, I climb trees and dig holes and pull trees out of the ground, I ain't got no insecurities about the "manliness" of gardening and farming.
I wouldn't quite call that farming, to each their own. Its 2021, you be you. Promise I wont deadname you or use the wrong pronouns.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so hear me out,if your gay get a ranger and if your a man you have to get the gladiator :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: ....bam your welcome

And yes it's a joke ok,I know we might have some snowflakes here and there but it's a joke ok.....oK ??😅

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright so hear me out,if your gay get a ranger and if your a man you have to get the gladiator :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: ....bam your welcome

And yes it's a joke ok,I know we might have some snowflakes here and there but it's a joke ok.....oK ??😅
Nah that's just not fair. The Ranger is the truck that 55 year old dude you may have met at Church or at the local coop. He had a budget and the budget said, "A used Ford Ranger is suits my needs" and that's what he drives.

The gay truck is the Fiat I just posted. Now I'm not gay, but I'd still rock the hell out of that Fiat.

Really, the Gladiator is way more gay than the Ranger because it actually has a style and flare to it. I can't picture a gay professional from Manhattan driving around a Ford Ranger but I know for certain I would see them upstate for the weekend in a Jeep Gladiator. Just sayin!

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't quite call that farming, to each their own. Its 2021, you be you. Promise I wont deadname you or use the wrong pronouns.
No my friend, it's certainly not. You show me how to have a profitable family farm that isn't beholden to a big corporation that can farm with the freedom of how they want, I'll leave Long Island in a second and actually be a real farmer.

I toy with buying land and starting a u-pick farm from scratch but even though that's way more profitable than farming itself as a small business, it's still a ton of risk.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No my friend, it's certainly not. You show me how to have a profitable family farm that isn't beholden to a big corporation that can farm with the freedom of how they want, I'll leave Long Island in a second and actually be a real farmer.

I toy with buying land and starting a u-pick farm from scratch but even though that's way more profitable than farming itself as a small business, it's still a ton of risk.
Plenty of people real farm down here quite well. I guess you would sure be the one to tell us what gay people would drive. I’ll leave that to subject matter experts like yourself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plenty of people real farm down here quite well. I guess you would sure be the one to tell us what gay people would drive. I’ll leave that to subject matter experts like yourself.
I mean c'mon man. First of all, regions. Second of all, most of those farmers around you aren't free. Some of them just own the house and lease the land to big corporations. Even in Bama I guarantee you the profiting family farm of 100-1000 acres is a rare (and still dying) breed. It's either that or it's one of the only places in the country not like that. If you do anything for a big corporation, they own you, you're a slave, if you want to do chickens, you have to lease everything from the corporation, you have to raise the chickens exactly how they say, doesn't matter if you think something is hurting your workers or the livestock, you do it by their rules or they bankrupt you.

Again, regions matter dude, really, but if you go to any place in NY, PA, NJ, ask them why they went u-pick and universally they will tell you it's because they had to or lose it all and some of them still don't make it. If you're out on the east end of Long Island, it's far more profitable to just sell your land for subdivision. Farms in eastern PA, man, not a single one of them has a field planted except for the odd hayfield.

If Alabama really is the place you're telling me it is, please, correct me because I would seriously start looking right now.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean c'mon man. First of all, regions. Second of all, most of those farmers around you aren't free. Some of them just own the house and lease the land to big corporations. Even in Bama I guarantee you the profiting family farm of 100-1000 acres is a rare (and still dying) breed. It's either that or it's one of the only places in the country not like that. If you do anything for a big corporation, they own you, you're a slave, if you want to do chickens, you have to lease everything from the corporation, you have to raise the chickens exactly how they say, doesn't matter if you think something is hurting your workers or the livestock, you do it by their rules or they bankrupt you.

Again, regions matter dude, really, but if you go to any place in NY, PA, NJ, ask them why they went u-pick and universally they will tell you it's because they had to or lose it all and some of them still don't make it. If you're out on the east end of Long Island, it's far more profitable to just sell your land for subdivision. Farms in eastern PA, man, not a single one of them has a field planted except for the odd hayfield.

If Alabama really is the place you're telling me it is, please, correct me because I would seriously start looking right now.
It really matters what type of farming you are looking at. My wives family has been raining cattle in Randolph County Alabama for generations. They are thriving at it, even through the pandemic, 100% family owned and controlled. I'm well aware regions matter, which is why I'm a refugee from the north. Grew up in Maryland, left as soon as I could and joined the Army. There are no redeeming qualities of the north eastern US IMO.

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
i just cant figure out why so many even care what you do or do not want to buy.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really matters what type of farming you are looking at. My wives family has been raining cattle in Randolph County Alabama for generations. They are thriving at it, even through the pandemic, 100% family owned and controlled. I'm well aware regions matter, which is why I'm a refugee from the north. Grew up in Maryland, left as soon as I could and joined the Army. There are no redeeming qualities of the north eastern US IMO.
If you're that close, you know what I'm saying then and you know they have a niche that's bucking the overall trend in the nation for decades. American cattle is one of those bright spots in various parts of the country I know for a fact. I don't know anything about Bama but western cattle is an incredibly hot commodity in general. If you know how to ranch for real in the west there are places in Russia that will hire you at like 150k / yr to run their shit if you don't have family ties.

But really, even if you go to another red meat the story changes quick. I haven't met a lot of happy looking hog farmers in NC.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, for the record, yes, I'm from the NE and have just as many ties to NYC as I do rural places. Father was in the FDNY for 40 years, someone give me a reason not to be proud of that. That does indeed probably make me way more familiar with gay people than you. No I'm not an authority from them. No I'm not scared if they would choose to drive the same vehicle as me. I got gay friends any my life is better for it.

Not sure whatever else you were implying above there but, ya.

Also for sure the Gladiator is way more actually gay than a Ranger. If stereotypical gay-anything is factual it's propensity for style and Jeep don't make trims more expensive than the Rubi for guys like you and me. Sorry that it offends you to drive the same car that a gay person might?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.