OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
I don't want any power here. The beauty of the whole thing is I could care less about how this thread ends ;)

Wait, maybe that is power. Maybe that's all the power I wanted and need.
Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
1621343010030.png

@BamaJeepTruck

Who is the troll again? Your post history has pages and pages of responses to this thread.
lol Oh ill 100% say I'm trolling this thread, never once claimed otherwise. You make it too enjoyable not to. Why am I here? Because its fun. Sure seems I've got under your incredibly thin skin if your looking at my profile. I have no plans of ignoring that little red icon telling me you're having another hissy fit.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have read the Ford and Chebby forums, you will see lots of flames thrown at the Tremor Ranger.
Oh, absolutely. I've never had a problem with that opinion. But what they have been able to do, universally, is recognize the Ranger as still being a truck with utility. All of the things about the Ranger, later in the model cycle, whatever, those are the valid opinions I was looking for.

Here, people took it personally.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol Oh ill 100% say I'm trolling this thread, never once claimed otherwise. You make it too enjoyable not to. Why am I here? because its fun. Sure seems I've got under your incredibly thin skin if your looking at my profile. I have no plans of ignoring that little red icon telling me your having another hissy fit.
Aw, looks like I struck a nerve. Own the troll angle 100% so you don't have to address the other things. It's a nice tidy package for you. Cling on to it buddy.

You tried to be a board warrior for whatever psychological reason. Alpha complex? I dunno, whatever it was, you did it. Hope you enjoyed your time investment <3

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aw, looks like I struck a nerve. Own the troll angle 100% so you don't have to address the other things. It's a nice tidy package for you. Cling on to it buddy.

You tried to be a board warrior for whatever psychological reason. Alpha complex? I dunno, whatever it was, you did it. Hope you enjoyed your time investment <3
Alpha complex? Address the other things? What other things? I'm not your buddy, friend.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alpha complex? Address the other things? What other things? I'm not your buddy, friend.
That's how I know you're "losing" this. I have no ill feelings or personal problem with you and if I ever met you at a meet would still be smiling, friendly, outgoing self with no ill feelings within.

When you think you get to me, if I'm upset at all it's that you could actually believe it and have that satisfaction, and then I just ID that as a stupid thing to feel and move on. Life to short to measure things in conflicts.

The "other things" is why are you really here? You didn't start off trolling, and you didn't continue to troll. Something in you felt the need to set me straight, put me in my place, rawr.

I projected alpha male but I'm no shrink and I certainly don't know you well enough to discern. You'd probably know better but who knows, introspection is hard.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Oh, absolutely. I've never had a problem with that opinion. But what they have been able to do, universally, is recognize the Ranger as still being a truck with utility. All of the things about the Ranger, later in the model cycle, whatever, those are the valid opinions I was looking for.

Here, people took it personally.
If you can't tell that people here also gave valid opinions and did not take the original topic personally then you should leave and ask that the thread be locked. The answers were completely to the point and civil until you started throwing fits against the responses.

It didn't get to where it is now until you started attacking others and calling them and their opinions (that you asked for, by the way) irrelevant.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's how I know you're "losing" this. I have no ill feelings or personal problem with you and if I ever met you at a meet would still be smiling, friendly, outgoing self with no ill feelings within.

When you think you get to me, if I'm upset at all it's that you could actually believe it and have that satisfaction, and then I just ID that as a stupid thing to feel and move on. Life to short to measure things in conflicts.

The "other things" is why are you really here? You didn't start off trolling, and you didn't continue to troll. Something in you felt the need to set me straight, put me in my place, rawr.

I projected alpha male but I'm no shrink and I certainly don't know you well enough to discern. You'd probably know better but who knows, introspection is hard.
Don't know how you'd "win" or "lose" a question, but okay. I'd be smiling more than you'd think if we met in real life. You obviously didn't get the joke, "I'm not your buddy, friend -I'm not your friend guy - I'm not your guy buddy!" Its a South Park quote. Dropped in appropriately as this thread just goes on and on in circles ad nauseum . I'm here because you keep on and on, and its funny you care so much.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can't tell that people here also gave valid opinions and did not take the original topic personally then you should leave and ask that the thread be locked. The answers were completely to the point and civil until you started throwing fits against the responses.

It didn't get to where it is now until you started attacking others and calling them and their opinions (that you asked for, by the way) irrelevant.
It's a really hard thread to continue because it goes in so many different directions. There are a ton of really great people giving really great opinions on this thread. I'd even put it at 50% or over, I'm not going to back and count.

But if you also go back, there's 1-2 posts per page that are just, "Wow this guy is a total tool for considering a Ranger, this is why I don't use FB anymore, he needs a better wife" or some shit.

I didn't start attacking anyone, really until a few pages ago and it was only with the troll patrol feat. BamaJeepTruck and other guests that was on the receiving end.

I'm really not asking you to go back and study 16 pages, nor would I expect anyone to, nor would I think anyone want to engage on a point by point discussion ranking the merits of each individual post. But if you've truly been following this thread since the beginning, I think you know what I'm saying to be at least partially true.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know how you'd "win" or "lose" a question, but okay. I'd be smiling more than you'd think if we met in real life. You obviously didn't get the joke, "I'm not your buddy, friend -I'm not your friend guy - I'm not your guy buddy!" Its a South Park quote. Dropped in appropriately as this thread just goes on and on in circles ad nauseum . I'm here because you keep on and on, and its funny you care so much.
If you're self-admitting being a troll it's a "win" or "lost" situation by your stated role and intent. You chose to make it that.

If you think I care so much and you think you're getting somewhere, you're just not. I could do this about gardening. I could do this about politics, I could do this about literally anything.

I've been doing community forums as almost a hobby since the BBS days, I'm completely in control of my own emotional destiny, unfortunately for you.

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If you're self-admitting being a troll it's a "win" or "lost" situation by your stated role and intent. You chose to make it that.

If you think I care so much and you think you're getting somewhere, you're just not. I could do this about gardening. I could do this about politics, I could do this about literally anything.

I've been doing community forums as almost a hobby since the BBS days, I'm completely in control of my own emotional destiny, unfortunately for you.
Lol okay. You believe what you want. You call me out by name, yet I didn't say anything even remotely rude until page 13, Where you were already knee deep in your hissy fit. I'm sure you could write books on gardening. Sounds like something a Ranger owner would spend they/them's time doing.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BamaJeepTruck
Lol okay. You believe what you want. You call me out by name, yet I didn't say anything even remotely rude until page 13, Where you were already knee deep in your hissy fit. I'm sure you could write books on gardening. Sounds like something a Ranger owner would spend they/them's time doing.
Notice that it took several pages after 13 for me to start responding to you in kind.

You saw how the thread started.
You saw how I tried to re-rail it over and over again.
You saw me deal with the same kind of responses over and over again and struggle to keep it on track
You saw me have almost the same exact opinions as everyone else about the Gladiator here despite what people were sounding off about

You saw all of that and decided, "Yeah, I'm gonna go for it." So I said "alpha male" because I don't want to attack or belittle you but really what I probably see is bully. A dumb bully, at that. You wanted to score some points on an easy target. Sorry if I don't react like you want and call a spade for a spade.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
That's not the convincing argument I was looking for. The lifestyle advantages to owning a Jeep are the obvious reasons to consider it at a potentially inferior value.
I think Jeeps are inferior but I still want you to try and change my mind.

People who go on these roads once every 3 years justify owning a Rubicons and Raptors, let's not get into "what people really need"
I started a thread about what vehicle to buy, but I don't want to talk about what I need in a vehicle.

Perhaps you're the one who needs more coddling from the wife, you got some rage issues bro.
I need to call out others.

Knew I'd get a gem or two opinion amongst the fan-boyism I so readily invited
I can't handle people expressing their preferences to me.

I love some of you people. The rage is just off the charts.
I can't handle the opinions of others.

I put off buying for myself a year, it's not a grand conspiracy. Frankly the lease on the car I'm replacing isn't even up until September so it may be another little bit till I buy one, still!
I'm not even sure I want a new vehicle, but I want you to convince me which one to buy anyway.

Hope you're not allowed to own any weapons, that much more lurking might send you on a murderous rampage.
I am going to assume that your passion for this topic means you might be a murderer.

I should stfu and be happy there's a truck that does the things I need to and is still a Jeep I think.

Also, Ranger 4x4 + Tremor is a sweet truck whether it's for you personally or not, anyone who says otherwise is too far up their own ass.
I recognize I should stop talking about this, but need to get in another jab at everyone else.

It's just humorous to me that changes that have big impacts off-road are being belittled by a Jeep owner.
I don't think Jeep owners are allowed to have these opinions.

This thread solved nothing and just reinforced options are hard!
I again realized that I am getting nowhere as I am not serious about buying anything.

Should I go on? Any one of these by themselves wouldn't be a problem, but added together you've shown that you had no intention of having a conversation in earnest with the members of this board. You then turned it into an attack on anyone who voiced their opinion that you didn't agree with. Step 1 is to admit what you were really looking for out of all this, step 2 is to then act accordingly.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BamaJeepTruck

Notice that it took several pages after 13 for me to start responding to you in kind.

You saw how the thread started.
You saw how I tried to re-rail it over and over again.
You saw me deal with the same kind of responses over and over again and struggle to keep it on track
You saw me have almost the same exact opinions as everyone else about the Gladiator here despite what people were sounding off about

You saw all of that and decided, "Yeah, I'm gonna go for it." So I said "alpha male" because I don't want to attack or belittle you but really what I probably see is bully. A dumb bully, at that. You wanted to score some points on an easy target. Sorry if I don't react like you want and call a spade for a spade.
No, what I saw was someone for no reason, all of the sudden, assert themselves as some kind of expert we all should bow down to. "A dumb bully", oh no, not that. My 16 year old daughter has less ad hominem attacks.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should I go on?
Dude, do you really want have a point by point discussion? Most of what you said was complete nonsense and obviously so in the context in which it was presented in the thread and I can demonstrate that, but are you going to read what I write, listen, take it in and really consider my points? What's your goal here, really?

I don't have much interest, honestly. I do have interest in admitting to faults though and I will say you were spot on with this:
  • I'm not even sure I want a new vehicle, but I want you to convince me which one to buy anyway.
  • I recognize I should stop talking about this, but need to get in another jab at everyone else.
If you feel like you'd like to double down on any of the others and have a discussion about it specifically, perhaps that could be a starting point of a discussion that could actually get somewhere.

If you'd like to discuss those 2 bullets and whether or not I'm an asshole because of them, sure, let's go. For the first bullet, man, I got some fucking hardcore cash coming in, but that doesn't mean I have to spend this kind of cash on a car, am I really going to be this much happier? 30k happier over a used 2010 4-door? I didn't think this aspect of my decision making process was worth adding to the discussion. New vs. used fun is a personal decision I know how to make.

As for the second bullet. I'm gonna double down on it. The Ranger is a completely practical, reliable and serviceable truck. You can hate it, there certainly are reasons to, but those facts, are still facts. So as I end it, which, I mean, it's beyond obvious this should have been ended decades ago, I'm going to get in parting jab at the people who are being completely unreasonable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.