TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa! I’m all for someone being destroyed on the internet (because it doesn’t matter, it’s people’s opinions that you don’t know and shouldn’t care about) but leave my gardening out of it!!!!
Things we should all learn from this thread:
1. Don’t ask for peoples opinions on the internet. Only your opinion matters. You basically asked anyone on the internet who can create a password what they think.
B. If you want any vehicle, go drive them both and decide what works best for you. I’m sure the same thing would happen on a tremor ranger forum if you asked why you shouldn’t buy a gladiator.
3. Don’t assume people joking or even straight up insulting you are an entire “community”.
$. Relax. Honestly, every person on this forum could hate everything about me, my Jeep, my life and so on, and I wouldn’t give a hot fu€k. I come here for ideas, but in no way does anything typed on here matter to me.
Last but most importantly.... leave gardening out of it lol! I pride myself in my bad ass Jeep and my begonias.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
Whoa! I’m all for someone being destroyed on the internet (because it doesn’t matter, it’s people’s opinions that you don’t know and shouldn’t care about) but leave my gardening out of it!!!!
1. Don’t ask for peoples opinions on the internet. Only your opinion matters. You basically asked anyone on the internet who can create a password what they think.
B. If you want any vehicle, go drive them both and decide what works best for you. I’m sure the same thing would happen on a tremor ranger forum if you asked why you shouldn’t buy a gladiator.
3. Don’t assume people joking or even straight up insulting you are an entire “community”.
$. Relax. Honestly, every person on this forum could hate everything about me, my Jeep, my life and so on, and I wouldn’t give a hot fu€k. I come here for ideas, but in no way does anything typed on here matter to me.
Last but most importantly.... leave gardening out of it lol! I pride myself in my bad ass Jeep and my begonias.
If I had seen the Bronco 2021 thread first I could have foresaw this. People make one true statement about me is it's that I cared. I actually really did care to hear about say the guy who owned both and did take what he said to heart. Couple that with a job that lets me treat message boards like chat rooms and voila.

Clearly this place is used to vent emotions about "this car vs." and not actually discuss it. For crying out loud I literally did just that on the Bronco 2021 thread.

Now I'm just flicking the ears of the trolls left behind. Because again, chat room.

Also, Begonias are fake roses for loser Bronco wanabes.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last but most importantly.... leave gardening out of it lol! I pride myself in my bad ass Jeep and my begonias

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I had seen the Bronco 2021 thread first I could have foresaw this. People make one true statement about me is it's that I cared. I actually really did care to hear about say the guy who owned both and did take what he said to heart. Couple that with a job that lets me treat message boards like chat rooms and voila.

Clearly this place is used to vent emotions about "this car vs." and not actually discuss it. For crying out loud I literally did just that on the Bronco 2021 thread.

Now I'm just flicking the ears of the trolls left behind. Because again, chat room.

Also, Begonias are fake roses for loser Bronco wanabes.
dude I love that! I never thought of that , they kinda are like fake roses! I pulled up all the roses, they weren’t doing well.
as for the bronco thing, I would love to have a bronco too! And a ranger or Tacoma.
I didn’t read all the mess, did you end up buying a ranger?

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dude I love that! I never thought of that , they kinda are like fake roses! I pulled up all the roses, they weren’t doing well.
as for the bronco thing, I would love to have a bronco too! And a ranger or Tacoma.
I didn’t read all the mess, did you end up buying a ranger?
I totally have nothing against begonias and was only trying to and be ridiculous, lol. Truth be told I've always ignored the decorative beds, there's something about where the science meets the gardening in soil, farming, etc. that I'm just super obsessive over but that's changing slowly.

This is the first year I've really been getting into it and I'm finding myself really drawn to native things. My wife built a beautiful bed with phlox and other native things with the goal as a "I see your epsalier'ed apple trees hun, watch me do this without caring." And she does nothing but weed it (very seldomly) and I tell you what, when all the native plants are together in quality soil, it's quite insane what happens. I know Birch in general grow fast but check this River Birch I planted in 2016, that's just unreal. And she doesn't even have it irrigated or water it. Because, the shit just grows here as nature intended. It's really a bed that shows off in the fall but thought I'd share a quick pic for at least the growth on the tree. Like God damn that's a 5 year old tree! And trust me, there ain't no weeds coming up through the phlox it owns whatever it touches and the astors are kind of the same way.

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621358486261

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I love my "blank canvas" it's a Jeep. It makes us unique. Think of how it would be if we all bought the same vechicle and left it the way it was. Booooring.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I dig it!
I redid all our flowerbeds this year.
so at the same time I was spending $3k on a new suspension I spent the same on plants lol. I spend a lot of time in my yard as I have always had tons of acreage and now have a small yard. So I just recently started gardening. But it helps me stay level. I don’t watch tv so anything I can do outside and add beauty to my house im all for!
it’s going to take time for it all to mature but in 2 years it will be amazing.

89848195-7417-4725-8633-B509B2D009FC.jpeg

13770698-C2AE-4E9B-BB87-FE24C7BEB738.jpeg

A2D3AAF5-B138-4D1B-A1FC-568B76C379C3.jpeg

65487D32-D4B3-4598-93AD-6E543B2712DE.jpeg

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Also, for the record, yes, I'm from the NE and have just as many ties to NYC as I do rural places. Father was in the FDNY for 40 years, someone give me a reason not to be proud of that. That does indeed probably make me way more familiar with gay people than you. No I'm not an authority from them. No I'm not scared if they would choose to drive the same vehicle as me. I got gay friends any my life is better for it.

Not sure whatever else you were implying above there but, ya.

Also for sure the Gladiator is way more actually gay than a Ranger. If stereotypical gay-anything is factual it's propensity for style and Jeep don't make trims more expensive than the Rubi for guys like you and me. Sorry that it offends you to drive the same car that a gay person might?
A reason not to be proud of your father? Don't remember saying anything about your family. I didn't say there's no redeeming people, but the cesspool that is NYC is nothing to be proud of if you ask me. As far as the gay thing you are reading far too into it. It was simply a chance to call you names. I didn't bring that up. Read into that what you will.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dig it!
so at the same time I was spending $3k on a new suspension I spent the same on plants lol. I spend a lot of time in my yard as I have always had tons of acreage and now have a small yard. So I just recently started gardening. But it helps me stay level. I don’t watch tv so anything I can do outside and add beauty to my house im all for!

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 65487D32-D4B3-4598-93AD-6E543B2712DE

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 65487D32-D4B3-4598-93AD-6E543B2712DE

Looking good man, great exterior brick face and stone to compliment it too. I like your choice of edging especially. You're able to pull off a more manicured look than me because my land is pretty much dedicated to the fruit and vegetables. I need to kind of like tie my house into a manicured farmish look with all of the trellising and overgrown veggies on the property.

I'd show you more pics but I'm a little paranoid about people who have been snooping my history on this thread. People put in some friggin effort to prove some kind of point beyond what is reasonable lol.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legit unsubscribing this is spamming my inbox to the point of insanity now. The end of this thread with me at least, is finally getting bored. Peace trolls, thanks for the memories!

And thanks to the people who legit just shared their opinion based on my situation and especially to the few that followed portions and defended me at times.

Let this thread live on like the Bronco 2021 thread in "this is a void people use to scream why the Gladiator is better than X vehicle with no real desire to have a discussion" :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sayin, you're not even the star of the show and you're dedicating this kind of time to it. Parting jab, found the unsub button right at the top!

Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621363443273

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I had a feeling if I stopped responding the stupid would continue and people would continue to make ignorant BS flames and not really actually read anything.

I started the thread to learn about people who knew both vehicles, I got what I wanted pretty quickly. But what I got faster was "Wow, this community and the people in it are dicks."

Top recap, I was ready to buy a Gladiator, liked the Tremor and saw some good reviews, still wanted to buy the Gladiator, came here for opinions on that decision and then got flamed relentlessly regardless of the contents of what I was saying.

Carry on dicks. You guys really working for MOPAR pushing Gladiators, guy comes in wanting to buy, leaves not wanting to be associated with other owners of the vehicle. Gods work fellas.
Was I a dick? Look up my response. I gave you my honest opinion after driving a bunch of stuff... Others here didnt flame you either. Sure some did of course. What did you expect? This isnt the "we all hate our Gladiators forum" jeez. Why dont you take your sweeping generalizations somewhere colder with the other snowflakes. Bye.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I dig it!

89848195-7417-4725-8633-B509B2D009FC.jpeg

13770698-C2AE-4E9B-BB87-FE24C7BEB738.jpeg

A2D3AAF5-B138-4D1B-A1FC-568B76C379C3.jpeg

65487D32-D4B3-4598-93AD-6E543B2712DE.jpeg
Your garden and porch area are beautiful! You did a great job.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I gotta add one more thing to this train wreck of a thread just brimming with thin skinned people. But here’s where I’m gonna show some thin skin. I’m a heterosexual male who is as comfortable with that as I can be. Being gay isn’t a “choice” for me, it’s biological and genetic, just like it is for every damn body else. I’m in healthcare, have my Doctorate in my field, and everything from a scientific perspective points to just that. But that’s not all, my common sense tells me the same damn thing. Know why? I am attracted to women. I can‘t CHOOSE that, it just is. So tomorrow, i can’t CHOOSE to be attracted to another man, my equipment just won’t work for anything but a woman. If some of you guys on here can CHOOSE to be attracted to a man tomorrow instead of your girl, then you are sure a different kind of man than me. Do me a favor and all of you on this thread who can “choose” to be attracted to another man tomorrow raise your hand. Or just say so here in this thread. Yeah there’ll be no takers. And I say the above because you don’t make fun of someone about something they can’t help. Jesus did your parents teach you any manners at all? Do you make fun of other people with physical conditions they can’t help?
I say this and get on a soapbox here because I just read a couple of posts talking about the Ranger being the “gay” pickup and the Gladiator the red blooded heterosexual male pickup. Really people? Let me tell you something, you’re living in a sad past if you subscribe to such views, even if they’re a “joke” on your part. It ain’t funny. We’ve got gay people dying overseas for our rights, and I hate to tell ya, but we always have. We have gay people risking their lives in hospitals around the country for the last year treating people dying from Covid 19. We have gay people in blue protecting our streets. So to get on here equating what you believe to be an inferior vehicle to something a “gay” person would drive is offensive, even to a heterosexual white dude in his 50s. And, just for the record, I know a homosexual man that I’d bet real money could beat the wholesale dogshit out of anybody on this thread, I don’t even know any of you personally, and dont have to to make that statement. And if that dude drove what fit him, he’d probably be in a 1960 flat fender Dodge Power Wagon with a modern 392 drivetrain. Something that makes Rangers and Jeeps both look more like toys by comparison. So, here’s to hopefully derailing this thread to the ditch where it’s come to belong. Gay jokes. Really people? I mean goddamn.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.