Hot head headliner worth it?

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Do the head liners make a big difference in cold weather for insulating? And noise difference?
Sponsored

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
What about the Mopar headliners? Do they compare with the Hot Head units?

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I've been toying with getting them as well, but mostly for looks but will take the added benefit of noise and insulation. Seems like most that have them are pleased with them, just a bit spendy for what they are IMO.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been toying with getting them as well, but mostly for looks but will take the added benefit of noise and insulation. Seems like most that have them are pleased with them, just a bit spendy for what they are IMO.
At a glance, it can seem to be pricey. You are paying for someone else’s research, skills and time to get a product that is quickly installable. I’m sure a DIY upholstery guy could Fab a set for less, but the convenience was worth it to me.

I bought a set for my 2012 JK 7 years ago and haven’t regretted a penny spent. They do help nicely against the heat from the Texas sun and cut down some of the school bus loud sound bounce back.

My LE came with the Mopar set. I would have deleted that option if possible and gotten the Hotheads instead. My JK Hotheads do appear to be a little thicker. Even though I still have the JK, I can’t make a solid comparison since the cabin and hard top materials are different, The JK is black and th JT is red, so I’d figure that would affect heat comparison.

Anyways, I think you will find a headliner is beneficial over none and for me the value is there. Just keep an eye peeled for discounts. Good luck.

Sponsored

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
At a glance, it can seem to be pricey. You are paying for someone else’s research, skills and time to get a product that is quickly installable. I’m sure a DIY upholstery guy could Fab a set for less, but the convenience was worth it to me.

I bought a set for my 2012 JK 7 years ago and haven’t regretted a penny spent. They do help nicely against the heat from the Texas sun and cut down some of the school bus loud sound bounce back.

My LE came with the Mopar set. I would have deleted that option if possible and gotten the Hotheads instead. My JK Hotheads do appear to be a little thicker. Even though I still have the JK, I can’t make a solid comparison since the cabin and hard top materials are different, The JK is black and th JT is red, so I’d figure that would affect heat comparison.

Anyways, I think you will find a headliner is beneficial over none and for me the value is there. Just keep an eye peeled for discounts. Good luck.
Yeah think I'm going to wait for a sale and jump on the beige ones

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I discovered this by accident, since I wasn't quite ready to buy. Create an account on the Hothead order system site. Pick out your items and put them in the cart. Let it sit for a few days, and the system should send you a 10% discount code to encourage you to complete your purchase.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Everything I have read basically says that hothead is what you never know you wanted/needed. I was going to order them a couple weeks ago but tore up two tires (bunch of construction around my house and been working at a steel mill) so replacement tire costs ate into my order. This is not a new company but also not a big conglomerate so these are guys building for the Jeep community. After all the reviews I don't think there is a better option and you can waste 30 minutes of your life watching the videos on installs and how their product works. I am just waiting to order because I am hoping for some rubicon takeoffs shortly and that is the only thing that has stopped the order. My biggest concern is during the bright and sunny days lowering the heat but from what everyone is saying it makes a noticeable difference in the cold as well. Once you go through all the reviews you will probably be stuck on "when" not "if"
I discovered this by accident, since I wasn't quite ready to buy. Create an account on the Hothead order system site. Pick out your items and put them in the cart. Let it sit for a few days, and the system should send you a 10% discount code to encourage you to complete your purchase.
They have a 10% code for forum members. It's something like JT10 but if you search the forums you will see it

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking in the case that you would never want to remove the liners - has anyone used anything other than the supplied 3M tape to promote adhesion? Silicone? Additional HD 3M tape?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
just placed an order; fingers crossed this works out better than my failed attempt at getting a bed mat!

Sponsored

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
it was totally worth it for me. I live in Alabama and its very humid and hot here. I can turn the AC fan down one notch and radio down a few turns also.... pretty easy to install if you take the top completely off. I installed it about 6 beers deep

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
yes, the code I used was "JT10", gives 10% off the order

the Memorial Day discount code is not valid
Apologies - just looked again and the discount code that I had in cache was the JK Gear and Gadgets discount code via YouTube

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They are very worth it! Night and day difference here in Arizona with the heat.
Sponsored