Sponsored

How far is your JT making it up this hill?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

My default answer wants to be that it wouldn't because I wouldn't go down it to begin with. Before this video I really thought I'd be okay going up, but the torque band being low in the diesel has me thinking that a properly geared Gasser Rubicon or Mojave could do this quite easily and could winch me up the rest of the way. :D
Sponsored

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
I have a new appreciation for climbing hills after my trip to an off road park.

I'm confident I'd not make it not as far as those guys lol

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
The Bronco dominates, as does the 392

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
When they recover the heavy wrecker, I would love to see them take a JT Rubi & JT Mojave to see how they perform on that hill ( and/or Pauls' FJ ). With that said however, it would be smarter to do their hill-climb-testing in a place where they can easily drive out from the bottom.

Last edited:

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
My diesel would make it for sure. But I would also hit it at 50 đź«Ł

Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I have 2 trains of thought on the diesel.
1st, with all the low end torque I'd try to idle out with the offroad+ and duck mode in 4low with both lockers engaged.
2nd, with all that torque down low the diesel could launch and get up to speed faster than a gas JT, so more speed at the bottom of the hill and it would bleed of less speed to make it passed that corner and up the hill.

Now my question for those guys would be, why didn't they air down more? They all, or most all of the rigs had beadlocks, why not take full advantage of them and run single digits. Why even have beadlocks if your not gonna use them? Why do they always spin the tires when using the winch? I usually use just enough gas to help the winch, but not enough to spin the tire. Then the rig climbs up on top and pulls easier.

One way or another my JTRD would make it out of that hole. So would the wife's JLURD with me driving it, not her, of course.

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer

My default answer wants to be that it wouldn't because I wouldn't go down it to begin with. Before this video I really thought I'd be okay going up, but the torque band being low in the diesel has me thinking that a properly geared Gasser Rubicon or Mojave could do this quite easily and could winch me up the rest of the way. :D
I'm just the opposite I think my Diesel Jt would do it but wouldn't try it in my gasser with the 37's and the diesel it goes extremely well in sand and mud

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I lack experience in sandy hill climbs but I have no doubt I could do that climb in mostly 2wd on a dirt covered surface and have done many times. Maybe I am not seeing or realising how steep the hill is but I suspect the Porsche was just dead weight acting like an anchor. I have taken stock Grand Cherokees up some crazy steep dirt and slate rock covered hills. Obviously not big rocks

dajudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Network/Server Admin
The problem with that particular pile of sand is you can't get going 50mph. There is not enough space to run up to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I have 2 trains of thought on the diesel.
1st, with all the low end torque I'd try to idle out with the offroad+ and duck mode in 4low with both lockers engaged.
2nd, with all that torque down low the diesel could launch and get up to speed faster than a gas JT, so more speed at the bottom of the hill and it would bleed of less speed to make it passed that corner and up the hill.

Now my question for those guys would be, why didn't they air down more? They all, or most all of the rigs had beadlocks, why not take full advantage of them and run single digits. Why even have beadlocks if your not gonna use them? Why do they always spin the tires when using the winch? I usually use just enough gas to help the winch, but not enough to spin the tire. Then the rig climbs up on top and pulls easier.

One way or another my JTRD would make it out of that hole. So would the wife's JLURD with me driving it, not her, of course.
I’m pretty sure they are already running that most of the time to begin with. This hill is deceivingly long and steep, more than shown in this video.

I'm just the opposite I think my Diesel Jt would do it but wouldn't try it in my gasser with the 37's and the diesel it goes extremely well in sand and mud
I love my diesel, but it’s too slow off the line to get the speed needed, this hill requires horsepower, way more horsepower than just raw torque.

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Car dealer
I’m pretty sure they are already running that most of the time to begin with. This hill is deceivingly long and steep, more than shown in this video.

I love my diesel, but it’s too slow off the line to get the speed needed, this hill requires horsepower, way more horsepower than just raw torque.
I assume your still stock no performance upgrades on your eco diesel? Ya stock would need a good run to pull that one off for sure

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I assume your still stock no performance upgrades on your eco diesel? Ya stock would need a good run to pull that one off for sure
What performance mods would make this hill climb easier?

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Car dealer
What performance mods would make this hill climb easier?
A delete and a tune would go a long way? Ypu ever drove a ecodiesel thats been deleted and tuned?
Sponsored