Sponsored

How popular are Gladiators where you are?

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I bought my JT last December. I saw only two other Gladiators on the road in Colorado Springs. Until a month ago. Now I'm seeing Gladiators ALL OVER THE PLACE. I get the impression a lot of people wanted a Gladiator, but the dealers were just a bit too proud of them. Once we were thrust into Pandemicland and dealers started offering discounts, rebates and 0% interest, people started buying JTs like crazy.
Sponsored

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I get the impression a lot of people wanted a Gladiator, but the dealers were just a bit too proud of them. Once we were thrust into Pandemicland and dealers started offering discounts, rebates and 0% interest, people started buying JTs like crazy.
I wanted one when they first came out and they only had the LE and wanted sticker. They were slow to even get the Sport at my local dealer and still were not offering much in the way of discounts. I got mine at the end of January and it was about 7k off a 45k sticker. I saw on my news feed they were finally offering deals and sure enough my local dealer was finally going low enough to fit my self imposed budget.

I think FCA finally got the message that the price was a little to high for the market. It may be a great truck with a unique value proposition but if they want to move volume they were going to have to compete better on price. I know from all the compliments I have gotten on my truck from stranger that people really like them but when most people are spending $30-60k on something they shop around.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
In Orange County, CA you see a ton of JKs and JLs. The kids love our Gladiator, so we take it out A LOT (over my wife's MDX). I average seeing a JT about once every 2-3 days...to where I'll average seeing probably 12-15 JKs and JLs a day (easy).

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I live in area that has 3 cities totaling about 100k people, and I see at least one JT a week not including mine. What's odd is I was in Minneapolis about a month ago for work, and I was totally expecting to see a few JTs around, but nope, I never saw one.

Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Live in the outskirts of Metro Detroit and I've got about 4 other Gladiators in my area that I see on a weekly basis. 2 well-built Rubicons, one in white and the other in granite, and two other sports I see sometimes. Nice to know I'm not alone but haven't caught any at a stop so no official friends quite yet :headbang:.
North and West of Auburn Hills (FCA HQ) we are all over the place, 6+ daily

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I have seen maybe a dozen Gladiators total in my town in the nearly three months I’ve owned mine, but I see several every time we go to the beach, which is about an hour and a half away.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
im all over northern California, that generally means anything north of Sacramento and far away from SF, from Oregon to the Bay Shmeria (Area)- use of fake word meant to convey the depth of nonsense here....
I see them irregularly irregular- but they're definitely round. Dealers only have a few to several at most generally. However i Did see a few within 5 minutes yesterday. selling more now surely but damn; seems like either a packing or a pricing overreach is restraint them from selling more i bet....

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I saw 4 yesterday between Springfield, MO and Harrison, AR on Hwy 65.
(That’s about 1 hr 20 min drive)

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Kannapolis NC around the Charlotte NC area and I see the same 3 maybe once a week around my area, 2 of which I have talked to and the only reason I see them is because they are on my commute to work. I feel like I own a unicorn because I get asked about it a lot, pretty much daily at my 2 stops on the way to work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
They're all over the place here in El Paso.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Columbia, SC, and have only seen 3 total. There's a Rubicon in my neighborhood that I pass everyday, which is definitely what planted the seed in my head. I see at least half a dozen wranglers every time I go out, though.

It'll catch on for sure, people probably just needed to see them in person outside of the dealerships and super bowl commercials.

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
I live in a rural Florida county, where having a 4WD vehicle is required to reach adulthood, graduate school, start a family, and be considered a true american citizen.
I see plenty of trucks and Jeeps of various models/types/years but RARELY see another Gladiator. I do a reasonable amount of driving daily, and maybe see one a day. Are they that rare everywhere? Or is it just my area where Ford/Chevy is the popular choice ? I know it's new (and pricey), but I thought there would be more out there by now...
There are 3 including mine in my immediate neighborhood that I know of. Im in southern California a little west of Palm Springs.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I live in a rural Florida county, where having a 4WD vehicle is required to reach adulthood, graduate school, start a family, and be considered a true american citizen.
I see plenty of trucks and Jeeps of various models/types/years but RARELY see another Gladiator. I do a reasonable amount of driving daily, and maybe see one a day. Are they that rare everywhere? Or is it just my area where Ford/Chevy is the popular choice ? I know it's new (and pricey), but I thought there would be more out there by now...
One a day? You are swimming in them. (Unless it's the same one each day ;) )

I just got back from a 9-day road trip (3800 miles), from SW Florida to NW Vermont and back. Up along east coast. down through mountains. In the 9 days, I saw ONE Gladiator.

Last edited:

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
There are 3 including mine in my immediate neighborhood that I know of. Im in southern California a little west of Palm Springs.
I'm in Palm Springs proper and hardly ever see any. I saw one yesterday while driving through Rancho Mirage, but aside from that, can count on one hand the JT's I've seen in my area since buying mine in February. There are JK's and JL's aplenty though.
Sponsored