bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
JeepDadiator

the start out vehicle was a 2020 jeep gladiator overland with 8.4 radio, led lighting, and blind spot monitoring. as to the rear camera, i just found out the camera aperture is bigger than the parkland camera.
Sponsored

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Oh, and just to add to the above- there’s no difference in wiring in the body harness between LED lighting and standard lighting. The bcm is either configured for PWM on the exterior light outputs for halogens, or to have no PWM on the light outputs for LED lighting. That’s just another advantage of AlfaOBD, also. When swapping in aftermarket LEDs, you can shut off the PWM for each bulb location so you don’t need resistors, error cancellers, anti flicker boxes, etc.
This is great you figured out the necessary mods to make it happen. I actually have one on my list I want to figure out (RAM Trailer TPMS). My point is there is a body harness that is either unique to the trailcam optioned only (doubtful given the few variants of the harness) or there is a shared harness with other options. If it isn’t LED or base rubicon then it could possible be included in the safety group since the ACC uses cameras.
Any idea what the harness part number is to include the trail cam? That’s what I would like to figure out. Looks like both of yours that were converted with this method were Overlands. Someone with Tech Authority should be able to identify the appropriate harness.

I have a nearly fully optioned Rubicon coming in next week so I will be taking a look out of curiosity even though I didn’t order the trail cam because I don’t think I will use it for the price.

You are correct AlfaOBD is great. Best tool out there for modding FCA vehicles. I have done numerous mods to my WK2 and my brothers JK as well as adding TTPMS to his Ram 3500.

OP
OP

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
This is great you figured out the necessary mods to make it happen. I actually have one on my list I want to figure out (RAM Trailer TPMS). My point is there is a body harness that is either unique to the trailcam optioned only (doubtful given the few variants of the harness) or there is a shared harness with other options. If it isn’t LED or base rubicon then it could possible be included in the safety group since the ACC uses cameras.
Any idea what the harness part number is to include the trail cam? That’s what I would like to figure out. Looks like both of yours that were converted with this method were Overlands. Someone with Tech Authority should be able to identify the appropriate harness.

I have a nearly fully optioned Rubicon coming in next week so I will be taking a look out of curiosity even though I didn’t order the trail cam because I don’t think I will use it for the price.

You are correct AlfaOBD is great. Best tool out there for modding FCA vehicles. I have done numerous mods to my WK2 and my brothers JK as well as adding TTPMS to his Ram 3500.
I don’t even have a JT, but I have techauthority. There appears to be about 14 different body harness part numbers, three of which contain the sales code for integrated cam in the description. I’m not sure which part number @bryanklay used to strip out the CVPM wiring, but I’m not confident enough to guess which one you use. I’m not sure what your goal is trying to figure out the body harness, but bottom line is, if the integrated trail cam is not factory installed on the vehicle, it will not have a body harness part number that contains the CVPM connectors. If you truly want to know the body harness part number you need for your incoming rubicon for the trail cam, the best thing you could do is search autotrader nationwide for a rubicon that has the exact same features as yours PLUS integrated trail cam. Get the listed VIN for it, call any parts department, and ask them for the body harness part number that is installed on that VIN.
For you Ram trailer TPMS, it’s been figured out. It’s a pretty easy one- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer-solved-see-1st-post.232/

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
I don’t even have a JT, but I have techauthority. There appears to be about 14 different body harness part numbers, three of which contain the sales code for integrated cam in the description. I’m not sure which part number @bryanklay used to strip out the CVPM wiring, but I’m not confident enough to guess which one you use. I’m not sure what your goal is trying to figure out the body harness, but bottom line is, if the integrated trail cam is not factory installed on the vehicle, it will not have a body harness part number that contains the CVPM connectors. If you truly want to know the body harness part number you need for your incoming rubicon for the trail cam, the best thing you could do is search autotrader nationwide for a rubicon that has the exact same features as yours PLUS integrated trail cam. Get the listed VIN for it, call any parts department, and ask them for the body harness part number that is installed on that VIN.
For you Ram trailer TPMS, it’s been figured out. It’s a pretty easy one- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer-solved-see-1st-post.232/
I know the ttpms has been figured out on the RAM. Did it with my brothers truck. My point was I have yet to see anyone apply those codes/equipment to a gladiator.

OP
OP

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the ttpms has been figured out on the RAM. Did it with my brothers truck. My point was I have yet to see anyone apply those codes/equipment to a gladiator.
Ahh, gotcha. I’d say no, or partially, mainly because the JT cluster probably doesn’t support the EVIC displays. Quick easy way to find out is just enable the VehConfig 8 trailer tpm setting, and soon after, you’ll know if the JT cluster supports it. If it does, then it’ll work. If you need help figuring out a custom harness for the two trailer TPM modules integrated into a JT, let me know.

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
jimmy007 and kclendaniel
the part number for the body wiring harness that i used was 68416875AD.

michaelp1987

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Developer
A little off topic, but did you figure out what the difference is between the rear cameras? I was hoping I could get one of those intelligent camera switchers like the PAC VS41, and splice it into the existing coax. Then I would default to the front camera and the reverse lights would just trigger the module to switch to the backup cam. Of course if the coax isn’t carrying composite video, I guess that’s a no-go.

OP
OP

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little off topic, but did you figure out what the difference is between the rear cameras? I was hoping I could get one of those intelligent camera switchers like the PAC VS41, and splice it into the existing coax. Then I would default to the front camera and the reverse lights would just trigger the module to switch to the backup cam. Of course if the coax isn’t carrying composite video, I guess that’s a no-go.
The PAC VS41 isn’t capable of what you want to do. It can’t carry the LVDS that the digital cameras need.

Sponsored

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
@Jimmy07 Do you know of anyone else who has done this? What is the estimated cost for the project? I'm wondering if I can find the parts in a wrecking yard?
I like projects like this one!
I have not put together a wire harness from new plugs before but it cant be that difficult.
I might be in if it is not too $$$$
Scratch

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
@Jimmy07 Do you know of anyone else who has done this? What is the estimated cost for the project? I'm wondering if I can find the parts in a wrecking yard?
I like projects like this one!
I have not put together a wire harness from new plugs before but it cant be that difficult.
I might be in if it is not too $$$$
Scratch
I'm in a temporary pause of doing this upgrade, and am just over $1000 into it with buying all new stuff from Mopar and other misc things from Amazon.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I'm in a temporary pause of doing this upgrade, and am just over $1000 into it with buying all new stuff from Mopar and other misc things from Amazon.
Are you paused due to funds or have you hit an obstacle?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
@Jimmy07

That 20 foot coax, is that the only plug going to the camera? My JTR is still being built and I'm considering relocating the camera to accommodate a bumper with a winch hoop.

Or put another way, what connectors/cables am I looking for to make an extension for the camera? I can splice the washer hose pretty easily.
Sponsored